Good luck to all at the dcc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Good luck to all at the dcc

Yeah. Good luck everyone! Unless you are playing me of course :). If that's the case I'm going to need it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'm off to the frozen tundra, and I just hope to survive the cold weather. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
That's why I move to Florida in the first place!
:)

Tom

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Packing up and preparing to brave the arctic chill thru Indiana. Rte 65 was closed yesterday, I just hope it is open today or I dont have any way to get to DCC, that is the main hwy.

Beard

All 1pkt.org'ers that I dont know, be sure to come up and say hello.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Traveling

Traveling

Sitting at the airport in Gulfport on my way to 6 degrees guess short sleeve pants are not such a good idea.

Sure wish you were going Larry. For those one-pocket guys I don't know look forward to meeting you.

Bille

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bille
wish i was going too...:(
btw its 63 in vero beach and im freezing............:eek:
i know i wont get any sympathy ......:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Due to his penchant of always taking the worst of it, and over-spotting people..the Ghost, as usual, has several guys anxiously waiting to take advantage of him down there at the DCC..:eek: :(...and they've all called or pm'ed me this week to make sure that I'll be there....here's the thieves gallery...

Colonel Bille is licking his chops for that 10-7..

Miller is licking his chops for that 11-7..

tsk Tom is licking his chops for that 11-7-12-7..

Steve Booth loves our 10-8 game..

John in NH is looking to heist me playing even..

Gulfport Doc wishes he could be there for that 10-8..

And Tom Wirth and Bernie are licking their chops to give the poor old over-the-hill Ghost 9-7 :eek:

I'll see y'all hustlers tomorrow, Gh:hehst

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wish everyone from the site all the best rolls

Good rolls to everyone who is there.:)

I truly miss it, but it was just not in the cards this year. I recently sold my house, moved in with my lady, and with dogs, cats, chickens and pigeons, it is too hard to get away for any amount of time, especially with the two big tournaments coming up locally in February that I will attend.

I can only hope Freddy stays jn stroke and Billy's feet get better so I can try and take them off next year.

If you have not made it to a Derby yet, it is a pool players dream. Legendary players wherever you look and the new young guns trying to shoot them down. I was on my way to bed early one morning and stuck my nose in the action room to see what was going on. Four hours later I finally made it to bed. That was the year Jeanette Lee won the Louis Roberts Action Award.

The onepocket.org Hall of Fame Dinner is something that must not be missed if you are there.

I have fond memories of every trip and hope I can make it next time. The biggest mistake I made was trying to out drink Bille. Thankfully, they closed the bar in the tournament room at 3am and I got away with a tie.

OldSchool

Verified Member
Surprised nobody's giving us stay at homes an update on what's going on down there in Louisville, in past years a couple of different guys always did that. I did hear a couple of things through the rumor mill about a couple of our onepocket.org members. Don't know for sure if what I was told is true, but I was told that Dr. Bill lost cash in five figures to one of the young southern players late Sun. night. And I heard that the one pocket ghost and Tom Wirth had a little friendly cash amount bragging rights match, with the ghost winning handily.

Old School

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Surprised nobody's giving us stay at homes an update on what's going on down there in Louisville, in past years a couple of different guys always did that. I did hear a couple of things through the rumor mill about a couple of our onepocket.org members. Don't know for sure if what I was told is true, but I was told that Dr. Bill lost cash in five figures to one of the young southern players late Sun. night. And I heard that the one pocket ghost and Tom Wirth had a little friendly cash amount bragging rights match, with the ghost winning handily.

Old School

I saw some things in az about what you are speaking of. I'm watching Scott play right now in the tournament. He is breaking off the lower balls and sending the cue ball up table for his break shot. Looks like he is wearing pink bedroom slippers or something. It works out for him. He beats Wang Can 3-1. Good shooting Scott. The stream is working great..

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sorry about the lack of updates, but the computers here are slower than snails, and a pain to work with. I am much more comfortable messaging from home.

Billy I lost to Scooter Goodman playing even, 5k. He had been up 16 hrs before he began the set. Not smart. He plans on playing again, but for a lot more money, but he will have had rest and will have hit a few balls.

Ghost did come ahead of Tom Wirth in a semi-friendly modest stakes session. (They all still count) Hacker has been in action, and lost a set for big money, but he has good backers and is back in action at this very moment.

The TV people were here all last night. I ran them around to a lot of the players and they did some interviews with a few of them including me. I shot a few shots and sat still for a 20 minute interview. Tony Coleman, Mary Kensington, and Jay Helfert all did interviews. The crew went back to New York, and I will add more later.

The History Channel people will be here next year. They werent ready to come this year.

I am getting ready to host the Onepocket Hall of Fame Dinner in a few hours, looking forward to having a great time -- one and all --- again.

My book is selling well here also.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Sorry about the lack of updates, but the computers here are slower than snails, and a pain to work with. I am much more comfortable messaging from home.

Billy I lost to Scooter Goodman playing even, 5k. He had been up 16 hrs before he began the set. Not smart. He plans on playing again, but for a lot more money, but he will have had rest and will have hit a few balls.

Ghost did come ahead of Tom Wirth in a semi-friendly modest stakes session. (They all still count) Hacker has been in action, and lost a set for big money, but he has good backers and is back in action at this very moment.

The TV people were here all last night. I ran them around to a lot of the players and they did some interviews with a few of them including me. I shot a few shots and sat still for a 20 minute interview. Tony Coleman, Mary Kensington, and Jay Helfert all did interviews. The crew went back to New York, and I will add more later.

The History Channel people will be here next year. They werent ready to come this year.

I am getting ready to host the Onepocket Hall of Fame Dinner in a few hours, looking forward to having a great time -- one and all --- again.

My book is selling well here also.

Beard

freddy i know the HOF dinner will be enjoyable because of you
glad to hear about the book sales....:)
thanks for the quick update

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i'll post a miller experience in the members only section next couple days.

got blasted by little goose and then pulled the TN great bar box player shane little. rough draws.....rougher games.......

if i can get my ass out of the rack early enough, probably head home after sweating tres v efren match at 10 am.

i will say the funniest thing i have heard is a venerable member speak of another (non member) "...like a burger you cant get off the end of your finger...."

lfigueroa

Verified Member
i'll post a miller experience in the members only section next couple days.

got blasted by little goose and then pulled the TN great bar box player shane little. rough draws.....rougher games.......

if i can get my ass out of the rack early enough, probably head home after sweating tres v efren match at 10 am.

i will say the funniest thing i have heard is a venerable member speak of another (non member) "...like a burger you cant get off the end of your finger...."

I think he means booger.

Lou Figueroa
just guessing