1-hole DVDs

TY2

Getting older.............wanting to learn 1-hole. Which DVDs are the best to learn from, if any?

* Frost
* Billy Incardona
* Gabe Owen
* Cliff Joyner
* Others

Thx.

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
DVD's

DVD's

I'm still too young for this game but I've taken it up with a passion over the last year. I've bought the following DVD's

Frost Power One Pocket
Toledo Joe Game Buster One Pocket
Grady Mathews Killer One Pocket
Grady Mathews Finer points of one pocket
Grady Mathews Kicking and safeties
Beards Banks that don't go but do

Frosts: I wish this was longer because it was so much good stuff on here. Some of these really aggressive shots are very safe (low risk) but you always get good value out of it.

Toledo Joe: Some good information on all sorts of shots and he explains fairly well on how to execute them.

Banks that don't go but do: Great information on how to make those tricky banks. I wish it showed a little more on the actual execution of the shots.

Grady Mathews: He covers everything very clear and even though each DVD runs about an hour, it will give you months of stuff to work on. Out of all of these DVD's here I'd say these are must haves.

I'm sure in the upcoming months I'll be purchasing Billy Incardona's, Cliff Joyners, Gabe Owens and any other DVD's out there on One Pocket.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I'm still too young for this game but I've taken it up with a passion over the last year. I've bought the following DVD's

Frost Power One Pocket
Toledo Joe Game Buster One Pocket
Grady Mathews Killer One Pocket
Grady Mathews Finer points of one pocket
Grady Mathews Kicking and safeties
Beards Banks that don't go but do

Frosts: I wish this was longer because it was so much good stuff on here. Some of these really aggressive shots are very safe (low risk) but you always get good value out of it.

Toledo Joe: Some good information on all sorts of shots and he explains fairly well on how to execute them.

Banks that don't go but do: Great information on how to make those tricky banks. I wish it showed a little more on the actual execution of the shots.
You are aware that I have a companion DVD, Banking With The Beard -- the Movie? Much more basic stuff in there.

Grady Mathews: He covers everything very clear and even though each DVD runs about an hour, it will give you months of stuff to work on. Out of all of these DVD's here I'd say these are must haves.

I'm sure in the upcoming months I'll be purchasing Billy Incardona's, Cliff Joyners, Gabe Owens and any other DVD's out there on One Pocket.

Keep at it, results should follow.

Beard

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
If you ....

If you ....

....have a stroke they'll help but if you dont nothing will thats why this game is so hard,good luck

daylate$short

Verified Member
From
Aberdeen, SD
Willie Jopling

Willie Jopling

I met Willie at the DCC, when it was still at the Exec. West. This was my first exposure to one pocket, and I could see it was soon to be my preferred game. I bought his 2 DVD set about the last year they were at that venue. I learned alot from those.

I later bought Scott's DVD.

Both purchases were worth every penny!

Charlie

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Beard's Books

Beard's Books

The DVD's are great but the books will help you understand the mechanics of each of the shots on the DVD...
I have both, dog-earred as they are...

Bille

PS Jopling's practice of the break and return shot on his tapes are priceless, Incardone's mental game order in how you should look at each and every table situation will help you win...
Frost covers modern power pool...
Grady's kick system is easy to learn the concept, sometimes hard to execute as he did...

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I met Willie at the DCC, when it was still at the Exec. West. This was my first exposure to one pocket, and I could see it was soon to be my preferred game. I bought his 2 DVD set about the last year they were at that venue. I learned alot from those.

I later bought Scott's DVD.

Both purchases were worth every penny!

Charlie

Willie Joplings Ultimate One Pocket DVD is, in my opinion, the best DVD on one pocket available. Willie is slow and boring, but you cant deny the info that eventually comes out of his mouth!

It is out of print and rare, but I do have a few copies and they are available off of my website.

Beard