Who's going to the derby?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Freddie your missing out. It's called Pearl. Both Chinese and Vietnamese food. The owner is a very nice lady who takes real pride and the food is fantastic (and I eat Asian food at least 3 times a week lol).

http://www.pearlgarden-in.com

I've eaten there quite a few times too. It happens to be the longest walk from the tournament area... which is probably the reason many have missed it.

It is kind of a mixed Asian style.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddie your missing out. It's called Pearl. Both Chinese and Vietnamese food. The owner is a very nice lady who takes real pride and the food is fantastic (and I eat Asian food at least 3 times a week lol).

http://www.pearlgarden-in.com

Well, that surprised me. I have been to every tourn and I love Chinese food. I live in the Bridgeport/Chinatown neighborhood. We have some of the best Chinese restaurants in the world here -- two blocks away. I will check it out and I aint easy to please.

Beard

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
I am :). This will be my 2nd year. It's like a one pocket bonanza lol. I saw so many killers playing each other that I didn't know where to look first!

I was even... Banking with the beard :).

Mitch

I'm going for all nine days, looking forward to all the great tournaments,

possibly play in the one pocket tournament on Tuesday.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
What are the room rates for this here shindig! I thought I saw some weekend rates over 4 hundred. I ain't going for that kind of cheese. :eek:

Tom

They told me that too at first Tom. In the end my rates were 159 for Saturday night, and 129 from Sunday to wednesday night. There are "deal" rates listed under a derby city classic, or DCC discount. (I'm not sure which) but I called and it took them quite a few people and minutes to look up and find the discount code. I think you may also be able to link to that deal from the DCC website.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Whatever dates you fellas decide, be sure and make sure you will be there for the Onepocket Hall of Fame dinner on the 28th (Tuesday nite). If ya'all aint gonna make that you might as well stay home!

Beard

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Well, I finally made a decision and the answer is.........Yes! I'm going to the DCC. Look me up and say Hi. I arrive on the 23rd. If you plan to be there send me a PM if you want and I will pass along my phone #. So I'll be seeing you all in action and at the Hall of Fame Dinner.

If you want to fire a few barrels at me just let me know. I won't be in stroke like the Hacker but I'll still take a shot here and there and fire at my pocket. :)

Tom

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, I finally made a decision and the answer is.........Yes! I'm going to the DCC. Look me up and say Hi. I arrive on the 23rd. If you plan to be there send me a PM if you want and I will pass along my phone #. So I'll be seeing you all in action and at the Hall of Fame Dinner.

If you want to fire a few barrels at me just let me know. I won't be in stroke like the Hacker but I'll still take a shot here and there and fire at my pocket. :)

Tom

Hey Tom...was it a room offer from 'fast Eddie' that got you off the fence? :)

- Ghost

PS, I'm excited that I'm finally gonna have the chance to get that 9-7 from you...:heh

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

- Ghost

PS, I'm excited that I'm finally gonna have the chance to get that 9-7 from you...:heh

Tom
Great!!! See you there Tom & Ghost!!

poolandpokerman

Verified Member
Dcc

Dcc

I plan on being there the whole 9 days, plan on playing banks and one pocket, hope to meet up with some of you guys. Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

- Ghost

The thought of going to the Hall of Fame Dinner was a big incentive and then when Eddie told me that you said you were looking forward to beating me playing dead even......well that did the trick. :D It's on Ghostie! It's on!

Tom

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Perhaps I'm going, I ain't hit a ball in months. Been at the gym, until a week ago- my back is a mess again, didn't hurt it at the gym. If I can dig up some backgammon action I'll go, nothing big I'm a C player at BG, just enjoy it.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
The thought of going to the Hall of Fame Dinner was a big incentive and then when Eddie told me that you said you were looking forward to beating me playing dead even......well that did the trick. :D It's on Ghostie! It's on!

Tom

Seeing you guys woof at each other makes me wish I could go. .. sadly it's not in the cards for me this year.

Enjoy the trip!

Maybe next year.

Dudley