Bank Pool Hall of Fame comments

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
This is the comment I gave to one of our members when he asked to clarify the bank selections, as he didnt have a solid opinion on them.

IMO The most deserving are Tony "Banks" Coleman and the departed Bob Bowles and Mexican Johnny. Tony would play anybody anywhere and for a lot of money, and would bet his own.
Buddy Hall got into the 1pkt HOF last year, and while he was a great player and banked strong, he seldom played anybody banks -- especially without a backer. I gave him a ball, 8 to 7 -- not that he needed it -- for 20 years. Tough Tony Brewer and Johnny Boy Skinner robbed him in my joint.

Mexican Johnny played anybody, anywhere, and on any kind of table, and was next to impossible to beat in Bensingers on the 5 x 10's.

Bob Bowles was the best $5 a game banker that ever lived.

Beard

Attachments

• tony banks (600 x 399).jpg
    tony banks (600 x 399).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1

#Cruncher

Verified Member
Nice pic of Tony Coleman. I'm not familiar of the bankers from the olden days, but in the not too distant past, TC was very tough to beat in banks even up. Usually, you heard stories of him going off for large sums trying to give up weight to other strong bank players.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
This is the comment I gave to one of our members when he asked to clarify the bank selections, as he didnt have a solid opinion on them.

IMO The most deserving are Tony "Banks" Coleman and the departed Bob Bowles and Mexican Johnny. Tony would play anybody anywhere and for a lot of money, and would bet his own.
Buddy Hall got into the 1pkt HOF last year, and while he was a great player and banked strong, he seldom played anybody banks -- especially without a backer. I gave him a ball, 8 to 7 -- not that he needed it -- for 20 years. Tough Tony Brewer and Johnny Boy Skinner robbed him in my joint.

Mexican Johnny played anybody, anywhere, and on any kind of table, and was next to impossible to beat in Bensingers on the 5 x 10's.

Bob Bowles was the best $5 a game banker that ever lived.

Beard

Ok. I just put mine in for Bowles, Vasquez, and Coleman, and left the others off for this year. Thanks...