S. Mizerak vs. N. Varner 1991 L.O.P. Philadelphia Style

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
That's one of those that ended well but could have just as easily ended badly.
If the 10 ball didn't get covered it would have been easy bank and the other two balls also would have been bankable.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
he did leave the bank.

Yes, he did, SPK. And if he hits the straight-back with draw, he may create another bank to his hole for a follow up. Still, he doesn't want to leave Miz a shot on the 6.

The two balls in Varner's quadrant must have bothered Miz, to where he insisted on removing them. But there were probably more bad outcomes from his shot than if he'd just taken a very makable straight-back to begin with. Oh well, I probably take the wrong shot 25% of the time myself...

Doc

Skin

Verified Member
I guess The Miz wasn't intimidated by shooting over the stripe, as clearly there was ample room to set a bridge and ample room between the stripe and the cb to execute with accuracy. Plus, he picked a much harder shot to execute accurately than I proposed.

The shot he wanted was there and he figured out how to make it, instead of letting a weasel in his head talk him out of it. Nicely done. The Miz was always one of my favorite players.

Skin

backplaying

Verified Member
I guess I would have to lose from here, but I would shoot the bank with pocket speed and put the heat on Nick, or make it and win the game! I can see Nick now banking the ball straight back and getting right back in the game from here.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I guess The Miz wasn't intimidated by shooting over the stripe, as clearly there was ample room to set a bridge and ample room between the stripe and the cb to execute with accuracy. Plus, he picked a much harder shot to execute accurately than I proposed.

The shot he wanted was there and he figured out how to make it, instead of letting a weasel in his head talk him out of it. Nicely done. The Miz was always one of my favorite players.

Skin

What planet are you from? What shot did he make? Poorly done.

1. Miz saw a shot
2. He executed it poorly
3. He sold out a bank
4. Wasted opportunity

The only thing you got correct was that the Miz was a favorite player.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
What planet are you from? What shot did he make? Poorly done.

1. Miz saw a shot
2. He executed it poorly
3. He sold out a bank
4. Wasted opportunity

The only thing you got correct was that the Miz was a favorite player.

Agreed. It was not a good shot choice in my opinion. If the normally very talkative, very opinionated and very argumentative co-commentators hadn't been so distracted by the Hopkins/Cook semi-final match(as this was) a table or two away I would tell you what they had to say before Miz shot this shot. As it stands, they had no opinion.

This shot could've gone wrong many different ways and he did sell out the bank.

Dennis