V. Minor Point of Clarification ...

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
I’ve been told that there has been some discussion on my forum deportment.

It has not been -- surprisingly! -- concerns about things I’ve said. The apparent negativity has been about my lack of response to things said about what I’ve said. Gawd, is that an awkward sentence structure or what!

Embarrassing admission: I’ve glanced back at some of my cringe-worthy rejoinders and … well, cringed.

I used to imagine my posts as thoughtful, literate and enlightening. Ha!

In trying to please everyone (impossible, I know), in trying to answer every comment, I found myself lost in the forum gorse. Insults and slights -- real and imagined -- impelled me to comment. And comment.

I said some things I really wished I hadn’t. I don’t like to think of myself as petty … however. However.

Possible solution? Stop posting here. Just stop.

Hmm … do I really want to be responsible for the universal anguish that would ensue? The forum-wide depression that would follow?

Actually it was my mom who suggested that I continue to enlighten the already erudite members in here, yet refrain from the unholy temptation of striking back. Done!

However … you jaspers shouldn’t relax too much! Should the need arise, should the provocation become too odious … I shall respond!

‘And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is Sunny when I lay my vengeance upon thee.’

Fair warning is my life,

Sunny

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I’ve been told that there has been some discussion on my forum deportment.

It has not been -- surprisingly! -- concerns about things I’ve said. The apparent negativity has been about my lack of response to things said about what I’ve said. Gawd, is that an awkward sentence structure or what!

Embarrassing admission: I’ve glanced back at some of my cringe-worthy rejoinders and … well, cringed.

I used to imagine my posts as thoughtful, literate and enlightening. Ha!

In trying to please everyone (impossible, I know), in trying to answer every comment, I found myself lost in the forum gorse. Insults and slights -- real and imagined -- impelled me to comment. And comment.

I said some things I really wished I hadn’t. I don’t like to think of myself as petty … however. However.

Possible solution? Stop posting here. Just stop.

Hmm … do I really want to be responsible for the universal anguish that would ensue? The forum-wide depression that would follow?

Actually it was my mom who suggested that I continue to enlighten the already erudite members in here, yet refrain from the unholy temptation of striking back. Done!

However … you jaspers shouldn’t relax too much! Should the need arise, should the provocation become too odious … I shall respond!

‘And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is Sunny when I lay my vengeance upon thee.’

Fair warning is my life,

Sunny

Attachments

• WTF-ARE-YOU-TALKING-ABOUT.jpg
    WTF-ARE-YOU-TALKING-ABOUT.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Pulp Fiction illusion conceded, but quite tricky to pull off on a forum.... :p

Attachments

• pulp fiction almost didn't have samuel jackson.jpg