2013 US Open One Pocket--REPORTS AND STORIES

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hot Seat

Hot Seat

When the hot seat match resumes, Deuel is down two zip and Dennis has him 6/1 in the 3rd game and it is Corey's shot. He had a couple hours to look the shot over and he and several players were figuring out the best shot.

He has been very aggressive in this match and along with a tough scratch, has a tough road ahead to get back in the match. Dennis runs the balls too well to get easy shots or ball in hand on a scratch.

Loser has to play Biado, who beat Frost. It was Carlo's break in the hill/hill match and he laid down a perfect break that put Scott in a big hole.

Biado is a ball running machine too and terrific to watch.

I introduced myself to Tom Wirth after the lights went out and cut few jackpots.

Good man and having a great time which is what it is all about.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Ghost, did you watch the match? I'm wondering if it was just a shoot-em-up --a pocketing frenzy-- or whether any traditional one-pocket came into play? I had put the "over & under" bet on the match length at 1 hour. Probably didn't make it.;)

It might have been a match-up of the seasoned gunslinger trying to trade shots with the young turk. The shots are fired, the smoke clears and...... Biado is still standing.:( Kind of like Vera Cruz, only Gary Cooper falls, and Burt Lancaster is still on his feet.

Doc

I watched the first two games of Scott and Django just before this match and I haven't seen Scott play that good in over a year. I thought he'd go all the way in the tournament from the way he handled Francisco.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
few questions about the us open:

(1) how do those balls play?

(2) what kind of bridge sticks are those? looked like broom sticks...

(3) what is that yellow label chalk being used? in the finals, corey actually picked/removed the masters off the table...

(4) cue ball cleaning...looks like there is even a "V" shaped pattern used to mark where the cue ball is positioned.... can a player request it cleaned at any time?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
corey is gonna have some bad dreams about not moving that 12 over....:frus

6-1/2 hrs...what a match.

commentators weren't that bad either...:eek::D

Jimmy B

Verified Member
corey is gonna have some bad dreams about not moving that 12 over....:frus

6-1/2 hrs...what a match.

commentators weren't that bad either...:eek::D

I bought the stream for the second day only, Thursday, to help out the streamers and enjoyed it. It was great to hear Tom Tom, and Larry and Platis, as well as Steve 'Boss Man Booth". Dr. Bill strives to get better and better. Jay also. It was lots of fun. It kept freezing up on me, but it would start back after 30 seconds each time, so no big deal. Didn't like the cyclops, but if the players like them, I could get use to them I guess...