Banking App

backplaying

Verified Member
Well, since English is used on many bank shots, I don't think they can account for that. Just another magic bullet that doesn't work. I was looking on u-tube the other day at a pool video and couldn't believe all the bs people are trying to sell to the suckers, where they all but guarantee they will never miss another ball if they just buy their video. The thing is, people are going for it. Most pool players think secrets are what's holding them back, or will save them the trouble of putting in the time needed to improve. The "magic bullet" theory. I have never seen so much instructional pool video's in my life. Not saying some are not helpful, like top players who come out with them, but I had never heard of most of the people selling them.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Well, since English is used on many bank shots, I don't think they can account for that. Just another magic bullet that doesn't work. I was looking on u-tube the other day at a pool video and couldn't believe all the bs people are trying to sell to the suckers, where they all but guarantee they will never miss another ball if they just buy their video. The thing is, people are going for it. Most pool players think secrets are what's holding them back, or will save them the trouble of putting in the time needed to improve. The "magic bullet" theory. I have never seen so much instructional pool video's in my life. Not saying some are not helpful, like top players who come out with them, but I had never heard of most of the people selling them.

Everybody's got a dream. Some dream of playing great, some dream of selling a million videos.
Rod.

piggybank04

Verified Member

i couldnt agree more...... people that see me bank are always telling me they learned this system or that and how awesome it is, then i watch them and they cant bank 3 balls ...... ive always banked by feel and it works for me......alot of lazy pool players out there that dont want to put in the time or effort to get good......

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
If I couldnt improve even a Denny Dimwit with my knowledge of systems, strokes angles and english, I would put a bullet into my head. Feel is good,but the knowledge that precedes it is better.

Beard

My books and DVDs have been big sellers -- and minus any complaints - since 2005.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
If I couldnt improve even a Denny Dimwit with my knowledge of systems, strokes angles and english, I would put a bullet into my head. Feel is good,but the knowledge that precedes it is better.

Beard

My books and DVDs have been big sellers -- and minus any complaints - since 2005.

Amen to that !
Rod.

piggybank04

Verified Member

Beard

ive got them and i put them to good use......but i still bank from a perspective of feel and rythym......

backplaying

Verified Member

Beard

Yea, but it's not like your a unknown player. I looked through those video's for a hour that day and I had never heard of the majority of them. I 'll get your dvd's along with John's and see if it will help this old mans game. You know 90% of my bank pool was played on a valley barbox. It use to be my go to game when I couldn't beat someone playing 9 ball. I can tell you on the valley you better be able to run some balls because there wasn't many places to duck on those buckets. I know there was only a few people I ducked in the 70's and 80's playing bank on a barbox. Scotty Townsend beat me at Guys and Dolls in La, when we were both about 21.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Yea, but it's not like your a unknown player. I looked through those video's for a hour that day and I had never heard of the majority of them. I 'll get your dvd's along with John's and see if it will help this old mans game. You know 90% of my bank pool was played on a valley barbox. It use to be my go to game when I couldn't beat someone playing 9 ball. I can tell you on the valley you better be able to run some balls because there wasn't many places to duck on those buckets. I know there was only a few people I ducked in the 70's and 80's playing bank on a barbox. Scotty Townsend beat me at Guys and Dolls in La, when we were both about 21.

I loved playing 9 ball bank on a bar table. Problem was, it was very hard to get action, and whomever did play was a monster. Even so, I strung racks together on those valleys.

Beard

One eyed Tony Howard didnt even get to shoot before he quit. Banked out 3 games in a row and he quit without playing the 4th game.

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Freddie,

I love your book. I had the first book but let someone borrow it and never got it back. I guess I'll have to go buy it again and the gospool of banking book too.

Thanks for the great systems and breakdown of everything.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddie,

I love your book. I had the first book but let someone borrow it and never got it back. I guess I'll have to go buy it again and the gospool of banking book too.

Thanks for the great systems and breakdown of everything.

I still got 'em.

Beard

Banking with the Beard now ranks as one of the most stolen books of all time.