Tunica anyone??

John Brumback

Verified Member
Who all is going to the Tunica southern classic? I'm going for the bank pool. Don't laugh when you see me with a can of "Off " strapped to my case:lol
JB

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Who all is going to the Tunica southern classic? I'm going for the bank pool. Don't laugh when you see me with a can of "Off " strapped to my case:lol
JB
Funny that you brought that up, I was bitten probably more than anyone that went to Tunica I still have marks on my skin from the attacks. I'm really undecided if i'm going to Tunica for obvious reasons but I was told if I eat plenty of garlic the mosquitos will leave me alone. Does anyone know if thats true? I would love to go, but.:confused::(

Dr. Bill

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Funny that you brought that up, I was bitten probably more than anyone that went to Tunica I still have marks on my skin from the attacks.Haha...you...get bit at a pool tournament? Why is that surprising? I'm really undecided if i'm going to Tunica for obvious reasons but I was told if I eat plenty of garlic the mosquitos will leave me alone. Does anyone know if thats true? I would love to go, but.:confused::(

Dr. Bill

Are you guys being serious about this?

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Those of us that live in the deep south build up a natural immunity so the 'skeeters prefer the fresh meat of y'all narthenors :D:D

Hope to make it for the banks and dinner with some friends if nothing else.

Pel

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
There is an app you can get for your phone which sends out a high frequency sound mosquitos hate and quickly head for greener pastures. One is called amazingly, Anti mosquito. I have downloaded it on my phone and it is free. I haven't used it yet but friends have told me they have, and they claim it does work.

Tom

Jimmy B

Verified Member
There is an app you can get for your phone which sends out a high frequency sound mosquitos hate and quickly head for greener pastures. One is called amazingly, Anti mosquito. I have downloaded it on my phone and it is free. I haven't used it yet but friends have told me they have, and they claim it does work.

Tom

I just got one of these, Tom. It's amazing. Check it out..

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/TYIOIM6hHBk&autoplay=1

John Brumback

Verified Member
I still don't know if you guys are serious. :frus

P.S.
I've tried to PM you but your box is full.

Yes,they have skeeters down there.Some got in the tourney room too cause they left the damn door open:eek:.Hopefully they won't be a problem this year though. But I'm taking some " off " just incase;) JB

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I hate to admit this, but I never got bit. I was never bothered by the skeeters. I dont know if that was good or bad. Maybe they dont like old skin, of I might have had too much garlic in my diet. One did try to bite me and he instantly fell over dead.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I hate to admit this, but I never got bit. I was never bothered by the skeeters. I dont know if that was good or bad. Maybe they dont like old skin, of I might have had too much garlic in my diet. One did try to bite me and he instantly fell over dead.

Beard

Must of bit your nutsack :D:lol

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
tunica

tunica

yes I am going... yes garlic helps with the mosquito's, but after you have been bitten a couple of thousand times they don't really bother you... however, horsefly's draw blood down here and fishing in the marsh can require bringing liquid pain killer...

banks and one pocket...although I have place in the top three at nine ball tournaments here at skeeters, I just don't have the heart for it in tunica...

B

Hacker look forward to a game or two...whatever spot jtompilot gets I probably need one more ball...maybe two if enough pain killer has been employed...LOL

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
You guys tried wearing light colored clothing and maybe taking a swig of a cup of water with a couple of spoonfuls of cider vinegar mixed in? It helps reduce those skeeters if not completely repel them.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't know where you hornyaks were that you got so bit up. Probably standing outside in the weeds drinking beer.:rolleyes: There is no insect known to man that could have withstood those freezing cold temperatures in the tournament room! This is the first I've heard of anyone getting bit.

But Mississippi skeeters are sizeable. In fact if you're eating a steak, they'll just come up and take it away from you...:)

I'll probably go up for the 1P. My game has become very mediocre, but I can't pass up the event being in my home state.

Doc

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
bloody door is open

bloody door is open

Why do the open the doors, to let the smoke out, or to let the humidity in to tighten up the 10 footers.?

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Oh Boy

Oh Boy

Mosquitoes .... whoopie ....

Open doors to let in them and the humidity .... makes sense to some I imagine ....

And room temps making a pinch bank require three tips outside english to pocket ....

Priceless