C. Deuel vs. E. Reyes 2005 D.C.C.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
The 7 ball for sure is the name of the game right now, but I'm thinking I would kick off the long rail between the 10 and 14 and leave the cueball on the short rail behind the 7. Or even hit it. I would be happy to knock down the 7, gently.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Playing Reyes I would want to get balls out of play if possible, so what ever I do i'm not lagging the cue ball. If I can hit the right side of the 1ball i'm shooting the 1ball into the 7ball with a med. hard speed, hard enough to move the 7ball up table and take my chances with where the 1ball goes. I would like to pocket the 1ball off the 7ball but if I hit the 7ball thickly there's also the chance of moving both balls and getting away cleanly with the shot.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Playing Reyes I would want to get balls out of play if possible, so what ever I do i'm not lagging the cue ball. If I can hit the right side of the 1ball i'm shooting the 1ball into the 7ball with a med. hard speed, hard enough to move the 7ball up table and take my chances with where the 1ball goes. I would like to pocket the 1ball off the 7ball but if I hit the 7ball thickly there's also the chance of moving both balls and getting away cleanly with the shot.

Dr. Bill

how likely or not are you concerned about a double kiss cue ball and 7 ball?
or
leaving a bank on the one ??

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
if im lucky i tie up the 7 and one
i know this is weak ....:eek:
View attachment 8035

I am shooting similar to your shot in terms of target, but loading up with top english and hitting firmly, so both the one and the 7 chase away and the intent being for the top english to reverse off the end rail and kill the cue ball somewhere down there.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-04-01_19-06-01.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-04-01_19-06-01.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
how likely or not are you concerned about a double kiss cue ball and 7 ball?
or
leaving a bank on the one ??

My first thought was Mr. Incardone's shot. Then I saw that it was possibly fraught with peril due to the cue ball possibly hitting the seven and leaving a shot. Good point III !!!

P.S. I'm not saying the kiss is probable, just that it looks like it could be.

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm jacking up and shooting into the 7 ball with speed, taking out the 1 and stopping the cue ball on the end rail.

Sure it's a tough shot but the alternatives are not good either.

I would much rather try to control the cue ball than lag at something.
I never have much success when I do.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I am shooting similar to your shot in terms of target, but loading up with top english and hitting firmly, so both the one and the 7 chase away and the intent being for the top english to reverse off the end rail and kill the cue ball somewhere down there.

steve nice shot
off the rail
i wasnt sure i could get the "high karate" as danny di likes to call it to hold the cue ball
i like your shot

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I'm jacking up and shooting into the 7 ball with speed, taking out the 1 and stopping the cue ball on the end rail.

Sure it's a tough shot but the alternatives are not good either.

I would much rather try to control the cue ball than lag at something.
I never have much success when I do.

Bill S.

i like this also

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

Dr. Bill

I agree with Bill's shot here. In my estimation this shot offers the highest percentage for getting out of danger. The focus without doubt must be on the one and seven balls and to softly lag the length of the table in an effort to clear these two balls is not the way to go. Giving up the one ball but clearing the seven with a firm stroke gives Cory a six to three lead with the balls for the most part out of play and not much left for Efren to use to cause Cory trouble. If the one doesn't go in it may very well find it's way back up table and he gets away clean.
Good call Bill.

Tom

tylerdurden

Verified Member
What in the world is wrong with banking the 12 pocket speed and just sticking him? :confused:

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
^play it short then. I personally would try to make this, and if it fell id cut the 2.
That is my "answer" :D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
^play it short then. I personally would try to make this, and if it fell id cut the 2.
That is my "answer" :D
Tyler, from this position your objective should be to move balls out of play, as opposed to putting balls in play. :sorry You may say that by banking the 12ball your opponent will be preoccupied with moving the 12ball after you shoot. If you play it short, like you mentioned you then will leave one of two shots that will possibly lose the game for you or put you in more trouble. Banking it long will obviously leave a return bank, with the 7ball as a helping ball to pocket the bank.:eek: Agree? Banking it short will leave Reyes two options, and their both good options. Option one, if the 12ball rest on the bottom rail Reyes can kick into the side rail then toward the 12ball with the chance of pocketing the 12ball either straight in or off the 7ball.:eek: Also by banking it short Reyes will not only have the kick option but will also have the ability to put the stripe that's positioned cross table into play. This option offers the ability to position the cue ball at the top of the table behind the string of balls positioned on Reyes side of the table. :eek: You will then be up table alone, without an escape ball and be forced to take a scratch, or very possibly lose the game with any other shot. Banking the 12ball does look tempting but a shot that should be avoided at just about any expense. If I were your opponent I would be thrilled to see you bank the 12ball for the reasons I explained.

Shooting toward the 1ball or 7ball insures you that whatever happens there will still be balls on the table that will be difficult for Reyes to run, especially if you move another ball some what out of play. And who knows...you just might get away clean.:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Tyler, from this position your objective should be to move balls out of play, as opposed to putting balls in play. :sorry You may say that by banking the 12ball your opponent will be preoccupied with moving the 12ball after you shoot. If you play it short, like you mentioned you then will leave one of two shots that will possibly lose the game for you or put you in more trouble. Banking it long will obviously leave a return bank, with the 7ball as a helping ball to pocket the bank.:eek: Agree? Banking it short will leave Reyes two options, and their both good options. Option one, if the 12ball rest on the bottom rail Reyes can kick into the side rail then toward the 12ball with the chance of pocketing the 12ball either straight in or off the 7ball.:eek: Also by banking it short Reyes will not only have the kick option but will also have the ability to put the stripe that's positioned cross table into play. This option offers the ability to position the cue ball at the top of the table behind the string of balls positioned on Reyes side of the table. :eek: You will then be up table alone, without an escape ball and be forced to take a scratch, or very possibly lose the game with any other shot. Banking the 12ball does look tempting but a shot that should be avoided at just about any expense. If I were your opponent I would be thrilled to see you bank the 12ball for the reasons I explained.

Shooting toward the 1ball or 7ball insures you that whatever happens there will still be balls on the table that will be difficult for Reyes to run, especially if you move another ball some what out of play. And who knows...you just might get away clean.:D

Dr. Bill
This position serves as a perfect example of the reasoning Jersey Red used to play a shot that required moving balls without a certain outcome.....when he said....I don't know where their going, but their not staying there.;)

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Corey did bank the 12 ball and he put the cueball behind the 2 ball:eek:.

P.S. It was the opinion of both commentators that the 2 ball passed the 11 ball.

cd1.jpg

He left Efren here:

cd2.jpg