Mt. Rushmore Of One Pocket

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Which four faces should be on it?

1. Jack Hill, the inventor of one-pocket.

2. Minnesota Fats, despite his self-aggrandizing nature and his braggadocio, or maybe because of it. He never missed an opportunity to promote the game of one-pocket.

3. Ronnie Allen, who revolutionized the game with his offense. I couldn't imagine what it was like to be a one-pocket player when RA hit the scene. It must've been amazing.

4. Efren Reyes, the greatest player I ever saw. He dominated all players in his era and spotted them all for cash. That's the very definition of "great", in or out of pool.

Does anyone have 4 different faces? Do tell:).

Dennis

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
When I think of one pocket these guys come to mind. :)

Attachments

• b998c7dd316b2a194.jpg
    b998c7dd316b2a194.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I just think of Ronnie Allen when I think of one pocket players, he is the first person that comes to mind. Grady contributed so much to the game with his promotion of tournaments and as a player. Steve Booth and this site along with the HOF are such a big thing and I do not think Steve gets as much credit as he should. Billy has taught me and many others so much through his commentary on Accu-stats, probably one of the greatest minds in one pocket along with gambling and playing. Do not get me wrong Efren should be on there too but he is not American, haha. :lol

JAM

Verified Member
CLIFF JOYNER
GRADY MATHEWS
EFREN REYES
RONNIE ALLEN

It is so obvious. :p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie
Freddie
Ghost
Bugs

Hey ulika....I don't know who you are, but this post of yours shows you to be an extremely astute, knowledgeable and highly intelligent denizen of the subterranean One Pocket world...:heh.....I see you've only made 13 posts in three years - please endeavor to post more often...:)

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Hey ulika....I don't know who you are, but this post of yours shows you to be an extremely astute, knowledgeable and highly intelligent denizen of the subterranean One Pocket world...:heh.....I see you've only made 13 posts in three years - please endeavor to post more often...:)

- Ghost

Some are born to greatness and others have it thrust upon them:):p:D.

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC

- Ghost

There's a top player from my area that spent time in Chicago. I just go by what he tells me.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Some are born to greatness and others have it thrust upon them:):p:D.

And some people are from Chicago..and therefore should be forgiven for their distorted view of ANYTHING pool related !...The guy's on Mt. Rushmore were probably the four greatest American's that ever lived !..Why in the world would we want to replace them with the #37th, #129th (tie) and #187th ranked pool players, just because they are from Chicago ?..:eek:

(Besides..nobody outside of Bentslinger's, ever even HEARD of these clown's !) :sorry

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
And some people are from Chicago..and therefore should be forgiven for their distorted view of ANYTHING pool related !...The guy's on Mt. Rushmore were probably the four greatest American's that ever lived !..Why in the world would we want to replace them with the #37th, #129th (tie) and #187th ranked pool players, just because they are from Chicago ?..:eek:

(Besides..nobody outside of Bentslinger's, ever even HEARD of these clown's !) :sorry

Dear Dipsy-Doodle McDuck,

A little early in the day to be drinking isn't it?

Try reading the 1st post in this thread you moron:frus. I put forth Jack Hill, Fats, RA, and Efren. I see nothing to make me change my mind either. All these others are just people's favorites, that's all. In 100 years my picks will still be talked about but none of these others will be(wanna bet?:cool:).

Hill invented the game. That gets him on the mount.

Fats promoted it tirelessly (he once told Mosconi, on Wide World of Sports, "let's play a little one-snatch for a thouuuuuuuuuusand".)

RA opened it up as you well know. He filleted you once or twice:p.

Efren, despite some failings at the game, was simply the best that ever played it in my lifetime. He was above everyone in his era.

Cowboy "Black Hills" Dennis

Don Smith

Verified Member

Don't mess with CHICAGO>

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Duck, did you ever beat anybody in Chicago?

Don,

Only if they dared to venture out of their element..(ie; Gaff tables, juice joints, and "Benslinger's")..:D I understand Artie and F..d, got out my way a few times, but as F..d has admitted several times, he passed on my action, knowing there was good $$$$ to be won !....What were they doing ?..hustling $3 eight-ball in the bars ? :confused: