“Get Ahead, Stay Ahead.”

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Backdrop?

I used to have a boyfriend. A pretty good one, actually. We bought a loft. It came with a billiards table. (Gabriels.)

The boyfriend part didn’t work out, but that table inspired me to learn about … well, about pool.

A pal pointed me to YouTube … specifically that mosh pit known as Galveston.

For some reason, I fixated on Efren. His sweet smile. And his climatic semi and final one-pocket matches v. Shannon.

I was transfixed! I had to: pause, rewind, re-view, pause yet again, and ... eventually marvel at so many of his shots.

(The one thing I sort of figured out? Please correct me if I’m wrong? In an almost-impossible trap, Efren studied the table and decided on the one, precise point where he wanted the cue ball to end up.

No problemo! Simply execute an inconceivably diaphanous slice followed by a three-rail voyage / a lover’s kiss / a two-rail nestle behind the ball closest to Shannon’s pocket and ... presto! … there you are!)

Somewhere in all of the background static … there was a narrative voice. A commentator.

Out of consideration of his parole restrictions, I shall not call out said narrator’s name. Plus, so many semi-respectable people shudder to see specific moniker-mentions in any and all posts associated with … La Sunny.

(Sunny … how tacky is it to refer to yourself in the third person? Well … Dennis Rodman / Kim Jong-un majorly tacky!)

But I did remember that recurring meme: ‘Get ahead, stay ahead.’

Any take-away?

Of course this life-suggestion is easier espoused than executed.

But ...thinking of my own tiny business operation, is there a real-life business relevance? Get ahead, stay ahead-wise?

Nah … Harvard probably wouldn’t fade that action!

Earning a poolroom MBA is my life,

Sunny

P. S. I may not remember this part correctly? In the Galveston player’s meeting it was reported that Efren voted against further splitting the winner’s share to distribute the purse more broadly? He didn’t want -- if he prevailed -- to have a smaller slice.

P. P. S. I suppose my ‘I got lucky’ sweetie pie is married? Why are all the good ones taken? Sob!

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Sunny, you wascal, you're downright garrulous lately. Lemme take a wild guess - you're still in Hong Kong and can't speak the language. :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Backdrop?

I used to have a boyfriend. A pretty good one, actually. We bought a loft. It came with a billiards table. (Gabriels.)

The boyfriend part didn’t work out, but that table inspired me to learn about … well, about pool.

A pal pointed me to YouTube … specifically that mosh pit known as Galveston.

For some reason, I fixated on Efren. His sweet smile. And his climatic semi and final one-pocket matches v. Shannon.

I was transfixed! I had to: pause, rewind, re-view, pause yet again, and ... eventually marvel at so many of his shots.

(The one thing I sort of figured out? Please correct me if I’m wrong? In an almost-impossible trap, Efren studied the table and decided on the one, precise point where he wanted the cue ball to end up.

No problemo! Simply execute an inconceivably diaphanous slice followed by a three-rail voyage / a lover’s kiss / a two-rail nestle behind the ball closest to Shannon’s pocket and ... presto! … there you are!)

Somewhere in all of the background static … there was a narrative voice. A commentator.

Out of consideration of his parole restrictions, I shall not call out said narrator’s name. Plus, so many semi-respectable people shudder to see specific moniker-mentions in any and all posts associated with … La Sunny.

(Sunny … how tacky is it to refer to yourself in the third person? Well … Dennis Rodman / Kim Jong-un majorly tacky!)

But I did remember that recurring meme: ‘Get ahead, stay ahead.’

Any take-away?

Of course this life-suggestion is easier espoused than executed.

But ...thinking of my own tiny business operation, is there a real-life business relevance? Get ahead, stay ahead-wise?

Nah … Harvard probably wouldn’t fade that action!

Earning a poolroom MBA is my life,

Sunny

P. S. I may not remember this part correctly? In the Galveston player’s meeting it was reported that Efren voted against further splitting the winner’s share to distribute the purse more broadly? He didn’t want -- if he prevailed -- to have a smaller slice.

P. P. S. I suppose my ‘I got lucky’ sweetie pie is married? Why are all the good ones taken? Sob!

Isn't there a high bridge near you just waiting for someone to jump off it??? Please do.

RBL

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Isn't there a high bridge near you just waiting for someone to jump off it??? Please do.

RBL

I have a friend who plays one pocket and once posted on this forum to get answers and opinions on a rules question. His grammar was no better that Artie's and for this he was roundly ridiculed. He never posted again. I wonder how many are out there who have had similar treatment who might be able to contribute in positive ways to this forum.