Joyner / sambajon 2000 world 1p

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I like clippin' the one ball thin on the left side. This forward rolling ball will bank two balls away and the cue ball will naturaly roll towards the corner pocket. The key is to be able to clip the ball above the ten thin enough to allow the thin carom on the ten and the rest of the shot comes together naurally.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'll stay clear of comment on this one. I was there and saw the shot that Santos shoots. BTW: I beat Santos in an earlier match here at this tournament. I later lost a close one to Lebron.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
its santos shot
he is on one foul
View attachment 7840

I would look at the angle with the 4ball into I believe the 13ball and follow through to the bottom rail. Depending on the exact angle offered would dictate the speed that would be best for the shot.
This option will not only buy time it should also open up a ball or balls to your side of the table.
Dr. Bill

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
I think it might be time to stall for more options.

I think I would kick off the end rail using the X-zero system and put the cue ball behind the balls closest to the pocket.

I have been experimenting with this system and find it extremely accurate on these types of shotts.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

I think I would kick off the end rail using the X-zero system and put the cue ball behind the balls closest to the pocket.

I have been experimenting with this system and find it extremely accurate on these types of shotts.

Bill S.

bill check your pm

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like clippin' the one ball thin on the left side. This forward rolling ball will bank two balls away and the cue ball will naturaly roll towards the corner pocket. The key is to be able to clip the ball above the ten thin enough to allow the thin carom on the ten and the rest of the shot comes together naurally.

Santos beat me today with a shot something like this.
View attachment 7843

santos seems to be able to see a way to "part the red sea" and make a channel for the cue ball to navigate
good eye island dave.....:D
heres the shot and the leave
ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

Last edited:

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
He is still in trouble. Cliff will thin the six and put the CB back where it was so he doesn't have a shot, and he has to try to come up with another great shot.-Smitty

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
santos seems to be able to see a way to "part the red sea" and make a channel for the cue ball to navigate
good eye island dave.....:D
heres the shot and the leave
View attachment 7846

View attachment 7847

Whos Island Dave? :p

What also happens with the 9 banking cross side after the carom, and this hit on the 9 will take the brundt of the cue ball speed, you'll also move some upper balls above the spot towards your side, and the carom angle off the ten allows for NO chance of scratch.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
He is still in trouble. Cliff will thin the six and put the CB back where it was so he doesn't have a shot, and he has to try to come up with another great shot.-Smitty

Cliff could barely hit the cue ball for several shots after seeing this incredible shot. The still photos don;t do it justice. The way the cue ball slowly made it's way to the side rail and then spent the incredible spin Santos had endowed it with to go low enough to hook Cliff was high art. Cliff admitted later that he was stunned by this shot and although he eventually won the set, it took him several shots to recover. Ronnie Weisman who sas commentating said the croud should be standing on their feet and giving Santos a standing ovation after the shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Whos Island Dave? :p

What also happens with the 9 banking cross side after the carom, and this hit on the 9 will take the brundt of the cue ball speed, you'll also move some upper balls above the spot towards your side, and the carom angle off the ten allows for NO chance of scratch.

Cliff could barely hit the cue ball for several shots after seeing this incredible shot. The still photos don;t do it justice. The way the cue ball slowly made it's way to the side rail and then spent the incredible spin Santos had endowed it with to go low enough to hook Cliff was high art. Cliff admitted later that he was stunned by this shot and although he eventually won the set, it took him several shots to recover. Ronnie Weisman who sas commentating said the croud should be standing on their feet and giving Santos a standing ovation after the shot.

billI hope thats right :D for some reason i think you are a dave......:eek:.....:eek:......:sorry

petie you are correct the medium hit on the cue ball but the tremendous spin to turn the cue ball from the long rail to get where it ended up was truly like watching ballet
what a great shot

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ

Bill S.

Bill, what is the x-zero system?? Never heard of it> Keith

bstroud

Verified Member
I had a very similar shot yesterday and used Zero-X.

Got a perfect result.

I think Santos just got lucky. No one that wants to win would shoot that shot with any expectation of success.

In the past I might have shot it myself but on today's tight pockets it is better to stall for a better option.

Bill S.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
If larry drew that up right, I believe he may have been playing to go off the 9, THEN off the 10 and to where he got. That shot does not make sense to me any other way..... but i think somebody else (island?) called this shot, so what do i know. The problem is, with a thick hit on the 9 like that, a slight deviation will send the cb to a drastically different spot. There is a great possibility that everything I just said is 100% incorrect lol.

I just read island already said that about the 10, well i agree. ha. Looking at it more though it could have just been that the 10 provided a buffer there, meaning if he did happen to catch the 9 too thin he knew he had the 10 there.

I had BillS opinion of this shot when i first saw it, but i am starting to feel there was not too much luck involved the more i look at it, especially considering the lay of those 2 balls santos ended up getting behind and the fact that santos is great with billiards (and cushions).

Last edited: