Red Shoes Billiards BANK POOL Tournament RESULTS (8/4/2012)

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
RESULTS....1st Brian Gregg, 2nd Darryl Abernathy, 3rd Eric Hincks, 4th Jeff Carter, 5th-6th Freddie (the Beard) Bentivegna & Jeremy Bauers, 7th-8th Neal Jacobs & Rich Meager. NEXT EVENT....ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT Saturday September 1st, 2012

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
RESULTS....1st Brian Gregg, 2nd Darryl Abernathy, 3rd Eric Hincks, 4th Jeff Carter, 5th-6th Freddie (the Beard) Bentivegna & Jeremy Bauers, 7th-8th Neal Jacobs & Rich Meager. NEXT EVENT....ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT Saturday September 1st, 2012
Thank you! I wish I lived 1000 miles closer, I would be a regular :)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Apparently, DickBrain wouldnt have fared too well betting against me in my matches.
I have laid out so much oil in the last two tournaments that the govt has brought in the EPA. Now every time I play they have HazMat teams on call to come in and clean up the oil mess.
The third match I played took about 3 hours. In order to win it I had to beat the guy 11 to 4. He was ahead 18 to 12 in the last game.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Apparently, DickBrain wouldnt have fared too well betting against me in my matches.
I have laid out so much oil in the last two tournaments that the govt has brought in the EPA. Now every time I play they have HazMat teams on call to come in and clean up the oil mess.
The third match I played took about 3 hours. In order to win it I had to beat the guy 11 to 4. He was ahead 18 to 12 in the last game.

Beard

Freddy,

I don't know what the "layin' down oil" remark means but it's still funny:).

Does this mean you play a race to 33 banks? You play every rack until the last ball is gone?

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy,

I don't know what the "layin' down oil" remark means but it's still funny:).

Does this mean you play a race to 33 banks? You play every rack until the last ball is gone?

Dennis

Laying down oil, means playing dead-nuts safeties and leaving no shots. Lately my oil game is at my old "A" game level. That allows me 10 to 12 extra shots per game. I need to be there because my shooting game is at my "C" or "D" game level.

We play a race to 23 banks and play out 3 racks until the last ball until somebody hits 23. If you need to go into a fourth rack you did something wrong.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Laying down oil, means playing dead-nuts safeties and leaving no shots.

Beard

Thanks for the explanation, I've never heard it called that. I've also never played banks with anyone who didn't do exactly that. It seems like all I ever had were tough games. Maybe memory is wrong but I don't think so.

Dennis