kiss or no kiss

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna (Duckbrain in the red quotes)
Doesnt anybody read John Hendersons new mag?..YES Hasnt anybody attended my Old School Pool seminar? ..NO Only about 18 -21 people every year. Hasnt anybody seen the free bank instruct section on my website?..NO Visitors to my site: thousands upon thousands. Hasnt anybody read Inside Pool?..NO Internet circulation in the hundreds of thousands. I did a whole page on exactly this? ..SO ? I have had instruct columns in almost all of the billiard media. Still waiting for your name to even appear in pool print. Doesnt anyone have either of my books or either of my DVDs? ..NO Yeah sure, I only sold 5000 copies of Banking With The Beard in Beijing, China. PS Dont bet against that.

Have all those aspersions cast by DuckBrain throughout the years had this much effect?.. Its possible, but look at your competition.. According to Mr. Pincushion, he has all the available DVD, and book money, "locked up" .. Typical. You close with a knock of somebody trying to make a living.

Beard

When I said I felt like I was peeing in the wind earlier trying to wake the dead, I was actually only kidding at the time..Sounded right on, to me..
......................? :sorry :D[/quote
Sorry, excuse me. I jumped the gun. This is actually the closing knock.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
You Sir, are the biggest KNOCKER SUCKER on this entire forum, if any bonified player or scuff would listen to how you REALLY knock pool players, they wouldn't even piss on you if you were on fire, I know I wouldn't!

Everyone knows the very first sign of a REAL SUCKER, is they're always on the knock, and you have 1st place locked up in that department.
You must be one of the miserable human beings on the planet, that all you have to do with your life is sucking down YK all day and hide behind a keyboard and knock people that are trying to make a difference in the pool and billiard world 24/7.

You're always running your mouth about how I butt in on threads, you piece of s**t hypocrite, you’ve hi-jacked more threads on this forum than anyone, and all you serve up is drunken dribble. The extremely rare moments when you have offered info, it’s laughably remedial at best. I suggest you author a book “One Pocket for Dummies”. With the knowledge You've shared here it would be a “best seller”.

I’ve wasted too much ink on a useless piece of garbage like you!
Bill Smith”Mr3Cushion”
http://mr3cushion.com

P.S. Sorry to all the members, I thought when I joined this forum it would be all about the advancement, instruction and promotion of a GREAT game that I've admired for many years. For the most part, 98% of the members make this site a place I'm proud to be a member of, The are a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone else that is trying to bring the game back to its rightful place! This individual, (San Jose Dick) does not bring anything positive to this fourm, He has to be exposed for what He REALLY is!

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
To put my opinion another way, I think if you programmed a pool playing robot with the most precise wording you could for avoiding these kisses (eg when the balls line up on a straight line........) #1 the robot would not shoot many many banks he could realistically easily get away with shooting. #2 he'd probably get about a million kisses anyway for banks where the system failed. In short, the robot would be a kissing machine. That is just my opinion on that, and i'm sticking to it.... not that the systems aren't, or can't be useful.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
To put my opinion another way, I think if you programmed a pool playing robot with the most precise wording you could for avoiding these kisses (eg when the balls line up on a straight line........) #1 the robot would not shoot many many banks he could realistically easily get away with shooting. #2 he'd probably get about a million kisses anyway for banks where the system failed. In short, the robot would be a kissing machine. That is just my opinion on that, and i'm sticking to it.... not that the systems aren't, or can't be useful.

Sorry pal, I can certainly beat that reasoning. What you are suggesting is that I could beat all the kisses as I claimed, but that I would somehow chisel and cheat in order to do so. Little more english, little follow, little draw, etc. I can only assume you are speaking from a point of view of one who hasnt actually spent much time shooting my kiss system on a real pool table and following the instructions that I lay forth -- which are incredibly simple BTW.

Aim on the money, rolling ball, no english, any f'cken speed you want. No follow, no draw, no english. To prove what I am saying, one must see where the cue ball hits the short rail after contact. A center ball carom will take it to the same place every time -- and at any speed.

You have had the misfortune to land on one of the few absolute bank systems that I proscribe. Most systems are up to a point dependent on cloth wear, humidity, etc. NOT THIS ONE.

Again. How you prove your points in these discussions is on pool tables, with maybe a bet involved. I will be at Tunica to demonstrate.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
i wanted to see the "rules/guidelines" people use to determone is their a kiss
or if they do it by feel
i was surprised tyler seems to do it by feel since he didnt mention any "guidelines" especially since he likes to kick with "systems"

I've never used a "system" or had any knowledge of how to avoid a kiss when I played. I went by looking at it and feeling it

P.S. I never double-kissed a bank that I passed on:) and it was rarer than Halley's Comet to see me kiss one that I shot.

RBL

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

You're really closed down to this Tyler. Their are many things to learn about pool that will help you tremendously. Be more open to things you don't know.
Rod.
P.S. This is what this site is basically about, not all the ego's.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
We see many banks where 'kiss or no kiss' is a very near thing, and we have to keep that in mind when deciding whether to shoot them. On my match videos, it is not uncommon that the two commentators can't agree about a shot facing a player. Dennis, are you saying that you pass up nearly all such shots just to be certain you never kiss?

At the level I play, I shoot banks (almost banks) where I'm pretty sure there will be a kiss, but that it will knock the ball away from the pocket and leave the cb right there. That might not be the way to play against svb, but it's not a bad idea at my level, and that's the way I must play.

Freddy, have you ever written anything specifically about banking in one-pocket?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
We see many banks where 'kiss or no kiss' is a very near thing, and we have to keep that in mind when deciding whether to shoot them. On my match videos, it is not uncommon that the two commentators can't agree about a shot facing a player. Dennis, are you saying that you pass up nearly all such shots just to be certain you never kiss?

At the level I play, I shoot banks (almost banks) where I'm pretty sure there will be a kiss, but that it will knock the ball away from the pocket and leave the cb right there. That might not be the way to play against svb, but it's not a bad idea at my level, and that's the way I must play.

Freddy, have you ever written anything specifically about banking in one-pocket?

isnt that the jersey red shot??
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMIVrI2mew[/ame]
momentary hi jack
:focus

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Not at all, Larry. I'm talking about a shot in which the cb comes off the short rail and hits the object ball from below, sending it uptable.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Not at all, Larry. I'm talking about a shot in which the cb comes off the short rail and hits the object ball from below, sending it uptable.

got it.. thanks vapros
got to be sure the kiss is dead on so you dont lose the cueball

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dual response !

Dual response !

This is a condensed rebuttal, to both 'Heckle and Jeckle'..:rolleyes:

Fred Bentevigna said:
Cal, There are 3 good banker's that came out of Pittsburg, apparently you weren't one of them...Seriously, that is exactly how you GET a kiss.

Excuse me Mr. Beard sir, but why pick on poor Cal ? Shouldn't you have first directed that quote at Mr. Pincushion ? That was also exactly HIS brilliant way of suggesting how to shoot the shot...I thought YOU, were an equal opportunity KNOCKER..Why let your homey (a supposed [sic] EXPERT instructor) skate ? :confused:

Speaking of idiots, I see Mr. 3P, managed to mount a scathing [sic] rebuttal to me...As usual, whenever he goes over two sentences, and uses multi-syllable words, his innability to communicate, becomes glaringly obvious.

Mr.3Cushion said:
You knocker-sucker...blah, blah, blah. Your always running your mouth about how I butt in, you Piece of Shit Hypocrite..Blah, Blah, Blah...You knocker sucker..Blah, blah...Drunken Drivel..Blah, blah "unintelligable" blah, blah..I wouldn't piss on you, if you were on fire...<--Believe me, I wouldn't want you too..No telling where your 'vienna sausage" has been..(A little 'schoolyard humor', to make you feel at home !..:cool:
What a shame, Beardo...We were getting along so well, until your mental midget/homey, BUTTED IN, AGAIN. Oh well...fortunately you two are the ONLY person and a half, I don't get along with..:p

I think most of the people on here KNOW I only joke/knock you (except you of course)...However, with Mr. 3P, he deserves everything he's gotten from me..If I thought his whining about me was really, affecting [sic] income, I'd take out a full page ad, in all the billiard publications...But, no need, he knocks himself just fine..:eek:

Break time for the Duck, for a while..Carry on !..(Fan Club Member's, please use PM's..Thank You)

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
This is a condensed rebuttal, to both 'Heckle and Jeckle'..:rolleyes:

Excuse me Mr. Beard sir, but why pick on poor Cal ? Shouldn't you have first directed that quote at Mr. Pincushion ? That was also exactly HIS brilliant way of suggesting how to shoot the shot...I thought at YOU, were an equal opportunity KNOCKER..Why let your homey (a supposed [sic] EXPERT instructor) skate ? :co

Speaking of idiots, I see Mr. 3P, managed to mount a scathing [sic] rebuttal to me...As usual, whenever he goes over two sentences, and uses multi-syllable words, his innability to communicate, becomes glaringly obvious.

What a shame, Beardo...We were getting along so well, until your mental midget homey, BUTTED in again. Oh well...fortunately you two are the ONLY person and a half, I can't get along with..:p

I think most of the people on here KNOW I only joke/knock you (except you of course)...However, with Mr. 3P, he deserves everything he's gotten from me..If I thought his whining about me was really, affecting [sic] income, I'd take out a full page ad, in all the billiard publications...But, no need, he knocks himself just fine..:eek:

Break time for the Duck, for a while..Carry on !..(Fan Club Member's, please use PM's..Thank You)

Still, once again, nothing of substance to say, It's a pity after 78 yrs. and still a pool dunce!

We should have a pool I.Q. Test before letting people join, by the time you would make it to the head of the line maybe You'd have something intelligent to share... Nah, never happen! :lol :lol :lol

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Glad to see you taking my advice !!! ROTF-LMFAO

Glad to see you taking my advice !!! ROTF-LMFAO

Still, once again, nothing of substance to say, It's a pity after 78 yrs. and still a pool dunce!

We should have a pool I.Q. Test before letting people join, by the time you would make it to the head of the line maybe You'd have something intelligent to share... Nah, never happen! :lol :lol :lol

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

OK Mr, PC...I'll let you have the last, 1 or 2 syllable, 2 sentence post...Finally you are realizing your limitations..:D :D :D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Speaking of Gentleman Johns journal, he needs our support. If you know of any companies or individuals that would support Johns latest journalistic endeavors with advertising, please contact him. It is a great newsletter/journal for pool, well written and the emphasis is completely on pool.
Now the bank. I don't like this bank for one pocket. Bank pool it is an easy draw shot to miss the kiss, but one pocket, protecting the cue, makes a big difference. It is hard to tell, but I would juice my cue ball and over cut the ball spinning the object ball to the pocket and the cue behind the stack.:rolleyes:
For the $$$, it's not my first shot.
But then again, Im just a has been short stop.
SUPPORT JOHNS MAGAZINE, SIGN UP FOR AN ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION. POOL CUE JOURNAL by John Henderson.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
You're really closed down to this Tyler. Their are many things to learn about pool that will help you tremendously. Be more open to things you don't know.
Rod.
P.S. This is what this site is basically about, not all the ego's.

I truly have almost no ego in this whatsoever. I am just stating, as asked by Larry, what I do, and stating the reasons why. That is it, really :) As far as learning, who says I am not learning by other posters here, and perhaps they are learning a bit about the way i shoot them.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Speaking of idiots, I see Mr. 3P, managed to mount a scathing..........
I think most of the people on here KNOW I only joke/knock you (except you of course)

Mr Duck,
As one of your many admirers, I was shocked to see the screed by Mr3 cushion. I for one, think your sense of humor is the best I have seen on any pool forum. If you were a little bit more mobile, you would have a second career as a stand up comedian, a fistful of cash, and fine young ladies. Besides that, I thought he was talking about my good buddy, COMRADE BEARD, until I saw your name. :frus:frus:frus