Some things I've seen

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm pretty sure I remember you.Tall man,kinda slim,maybe 6ft 1,If I member correctly you was a little older than me.Goes by the name of Bill M.? If that's you,I remember you were a pretty quite guy that was nice to play with.Not all the BS. Well,is that you?;)

Good story.I've battled Gary S. a few times,I also locked horns with CJ the first time he came around these parts.I gave Gary a lesson on how to play full racks banks on a bar table,9 to 7. He didn't much like it either:lol

Thanks about my break I use to have:p I was known for my break back then but when I was not hitting them perfectly I would jump the table every now and then and it cost me some matches so I got smart (or dumb) and started to take some speed off and lost that big booming break I had.Don't know if it helped or hurt really.John B.

Yes that's me, 6'6'' and still slim, with respect of the game and my opponent, I just try and bring it with no BS. Age thing now, I'm not sure about that. 63 next mth.

You were respectful and a pleasure to play. Your break reminded me of Medina in his prime bar table days.
Have a great 4th.
BiL

John Brumback

Verified Member
Yes that's me, 6'6'' and still slim, with respect of the game and my opponent, I just try and bring it with no BS. Age thing now, I'm not sure about that. 63 next mth.

You were respectful and a pleasure to play. Your break reminded me of Medina in his prime bar table days.
Have a great 4th.
BiL

Nailed It!! Got a memory like a steel trap.:) :sorry I'm just 48:lol Good to talk with ya again.Yep I remember watching Danny play and I played him a couple times too.He was a monster on that bar box.You have a good 4th too.6'6 that is tall! John B.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Coaltrain Thread post #9

Coaltrain Thread post #9

John I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on my shot selection. Having grown up in IL and close to Chicago, banks was a large part of my earlier yrs. Back then it was always full rack, safe break, so the free shot was normally my first choice of shot.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
John I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on my shot selection. Having grown up in IL and close to Chicago, banks was a large part of my earlier yrs. Back then it was always full rack, safe break, so the free shot was normally my first choice of shot.

So you did play banks! So how come you would only play me 9 Ball?

Beard

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
So you did play banks! So how come you would only play me 9 Ball?

Beard

Same reason you wouldn't play me 14.1 or 9 ball, plus I was a youngster when you and Mexican Johnny were doing your thing. Used to love it every time Joey Gold and Spencer came to carbondale, they were 50 ball runners at the time, I was always in the 80's. Been talking to Gieske these past few weeks (he's had serious health problems) and he'll live his life out in a wheel chair and from the sound of it may not be with us much longer, tho U never know. We chatted about Brandolino a bit, and U of course. You and Artie tortured him in the 60's (one hole) but he got allot better with time.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Same reason you wouldn't play me 14.1 or 9 ball, plus I was a youngster when you and Mexican Johnny were doing your thing. Used to love it every time Joey Gold and Spencer came to carbondale, they were 50 ball runners at the time, I was always in the 80's. Been talking to Gieske these past few weeks (he's had serious health problems) and he'll live his life out in a wheel chair and from the sound of it may not be with us much longer, tho U never know. We chatted about Brandolino a bit, and U of course. You and Artie tortured him in the 60's (one hole) but he got allot better with time.

Say hello to Dennis Gieske. We played a 24 hr all night match at Bensingers, late 60s early 70s. I thought that might have been you, but I am now pretty sure it was Dennis. Things get a little hazy when you go back far enough.

Beard

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
I was always a big fan of Luat and Andam. Hardly ever hear any stories about either of them. And for sure, THAT was an "interesting" story, to say the least! He seems (ON TAPE :D) to be so quiet and reticent. He's got a little rascal in him after-all!

Thanks for sharing your stories with us John. Always love the behind the scenes goings on from the great players perspective!

Do you have anything you can share with us about you and Shannon either hunting or fishing (for game & fish, not victims on the pool table! :D) I'd bet being with you two in a field or on a boat would be a hoot!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I was always a big fan of Luat and Andam. Hardly ever hear any stories about either of them. And for sure, THAT was an "interesting" story, to say the least! He seems (ON TAPE :D) to be so quiet and reticent. He's got a little rascal in him after-all!

Thanks for sharing your stories with us John. Always love the behind the scenes goings on from the great players perspective!

Do you have anything you can share with us about you and Shannon either hunting or fishing (for game & fish, not victims on the pool table! :D) I'd bet being with you two in a field or on a boat would be a hoot!

terry
try to post more often
even tho you may be a
"...a helpless, disabled shut-in
:D:)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Hey-- Terry A.! How ya doin' ole buddy?! Good to see you online. I've been away from the forum for awhile, but just started firing up again.

How's your back, and how're things in "Little Washington". That's south of Pittsburgh, folks...;)

Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
:eek:

Shannon D,my friend Casey and I went out on a charter boat when we were down at Myrtle Beach there a couple years ago at Shore Thing Billiards.Well the night before, we stayed up late and gota bad case of the bottle flu.The next afternoon we had to get on this big boat and go about 7 m off shore fishin.We get out there in the ocean and the stinkin waves were like 10 to 15ft tall rollers.Before we got all the way out there I started to feel kind of funny and they said what's a matter? you don't look so good.I said I think I'm going to go lay down somewhere,I don't feel like fishin.Well the only place I could find was on the top level.That was not the place to be.I curled up in a ball on the hard floor and they sat around me and laughed and took pictures and put it on FB.I layed there like that for 6 or 7 hrs fightin off barfin.Never did barf but I probably should have.Guess what,In about 3 or 4 hrs they were going through the same thing:lol.I just wished I could have laughed at them.It was the worst 6 or 7 hrs of my life,I think.Nobody caught a stinkin fish the whole trip and there were people elbow to elbow.It was awefull.I grew up on the water,just about and would have bet that I would never got sea sick.Wrong again:eek::lol Just a dumb ole story I thought I would share with my pool buds:p John B.