Lou Figueroa Memorial US Open One Pocket Dinner

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Anyone up for dinner before the player's meeting?

We did this last year and it was kinda fun. No one got totally sloshed, danced on a table, or fell face first into their plate or anything, but it was still cool.

So, the udder steak house, Kristofferson's, is no more. However, now The Riv has "R Steakhouse & Seafood" and it looks like pretty much the same deal. I'm not saying it's the greatest cuisine on the strip by a long shot, but it's handy.

They will let us book a table for up to 11 people -- more than that and we have to go through catering and guarantee monies, fill out forms, and a bunch of crap I'm not willing to do. So, if there's at least a few guys interested, like say five or six and less than 11, I'm game.

Say, 6 pm, Wednesday, May 9th (two hours before the player's meeting).

Any takers?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
We should make it in time for the "2nd annual Lou Figueroa Memorial Drunk 'n Dinner"....Driving up with Alfie, I'm pretty sure he'll be up for it too...:p

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
OK, so right off it looks like we got:

John
Dick
Alf
and moi

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member

We did this last year and it was kinda fun. No one got totally sloshed, danced on a table, or fell into their plate or anything, but it was still cool.

So, the udder steak house, Kristofferson's, is no more. However, now The Riv has "R Steakhouse & Seafood" and it looks like pretty much the same deal. I'm not saying it's the greatest cuisine on the strip by a long shot, but it's handy.

They will let us book a table for up to 11 people -- more than that and we have to go through catering and guarantee monies, fill out forms, and a bunch of crap I'm not willing to do. So, if there's at least a few guys interested, like say five or six and less than 11, I'm game.

Say, 6 pm (two hours before the player's meeting).

Any takers?

Lou Figueroa

boomp for the weekend crowd.

Lou Figueroa

blindlemon

Verified Member
i've never met any of you and i dont post very much, but i would enjoy meeting each of you and sitting down to dinner with you guys. i don't play that well but i still love the game and all the people that make up our world. if i'm welcome i will be there thur afternoon may 10 hope to see you.

blindlemon, john gardner :)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
i've never met any of you and i dont post very much, but i would enjoy meeting each of you and sitting down to dinner with you guys. i don't play that well but i still love the game and all the people that make up our world. if i'm welcome i will be there thur afternoon may 10 hope to see you.

blindlemon, john gardner :)

Happy to put you on list, John, but the Player's Meeting is Wednesday, May 9th, at 8pm, the dinner at 6 -- can you make that?

Lou Figueroa

blindlemon

Verified Member
i should have reread your post befor posting. somehow i skipped right over wed.. but thanks for your responce. i'm going there to sweat the open and maybe play some cheap onepocket. if i see you there i'll introduce myself. wish i could have made it for the dinner.

john g

lfigueroa

Verified Member
i should have reread your post befor posting. somehow i skipped right over wed.. but thanks for your responce. i'm going there to sweat the open and maybe play some cheap onepocket. if i see you there i'll introduce myself. wish i could have made it for the dinner.

john g

Not your fault -- I added date details to the original post -- I thought everyone knew that the player's meeting and dinner was on Wednesday, but APPARENTLY that is not clear to everyone.

Soooo, Dick and Alf won't be making it in time. However, I took the liberty of extending some invitations and so now we have:

JohnH
Jay Helfert
Bob Jewett
and moi

Anyone else?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member

We did this last year and it was kinda fun. No one got totally sloshed, danced on a table, or fell face first into their plate or anything, but it was still cool.

Say, 6 pm, Wednesday, May 9th (two hours before the player's meeting).

Any takers?

Lou Figueroa

Thought I'd bump it one more time. I still have a couple of invites out there. Any which way it should be cool.

Lou Figueroa

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Hold the dice

Hold the dice

We should make it in time for the "2nd annual Lou Figueroa Memorial Drunk 'n Dinner"....Driving up with Alfie, I'm pretty sure he'll be up for it too...:p

As much as I would like to join the party and meet some of my new AZbilliards friends, it looks like SJD and I won't be getting in until the 10th, but if there are any doggie bags, I like medium well, center cut. No fries, please. They get soggy after a couple of days.
Keep it nice. Alfie

lfigueroa

Verified Member
As much as I would like to join the party and meet some of my new AZbilliards friends, it looks like SJD and I won't be getting in until the 10th, but if there are any doggie bags, I like medium well, center cut. No fries, please. They get soggy after a couple of days.
Keep it nice. Alfie

Depending on the draw and all, there are certain to be other opportunities for you to buy everyone dinner, Alf.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Depending on the draw and all, there are certain to be other opportunities for you to buy everyone dinner, Alf.

Lou Figueroa
OK, maybe you and Alf can work something out :)

Lou Figueroa
Alf, as I read this it sounds like Lou has invited you to treat me to dinner. But then again, sometimes my reading comprehension suffers from a little wishful thinking :D:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think alf with all the millions hes making from his book...:rolleyes:
even after expences like sjd's salary and free give aways....:eek:

steve you should get a free dinner.......:eek:.........:heh
jmho
icbw
but always trying to help freinds,,,,,:)