Official OnePocket.org Sponsorship Nomination thread

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Quote...[I have PMed Steve on where to send my share of the entry fees for the event but he has not answered. I guess I can send it with my AZ room fees!
DeeMan....]End Quote

Quote...[I just got word from Greg Sullivan that he is donating one entry into the One Pocket and Banks (not including buybacks) for OnePocket.org sponsored player this year -- so I will be posting more info, and we will have a good time selecting a player (or players) to sponsor. I haven't forgotten!.........NH Steve]...End Quote

I believe onepocket.org sponoring a competitive players entry into an event is a great idea, but I also think it should be one of onepocket.org's own. I am going to nominate a member who has always been willing to help pay another players way so many times. I would like to see Dee Sands (AKA...DEEMAN) considered for sponsorship of one-pocket or banks at the 2012 Derby City Classic's.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I think Deeman is a great choice and also would have no problem with John Henderson or John Brumback as they contribute a good deal to the forum.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
One Pocket Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

I know this is not offical but I want to nominate our One Pocket Ghost. The Ghost has been one of our most active members here for years and he still plays very competitively. If my memory is right , he beat Ike in the 1st round of the one pocket at the Derby last year. He would be a true representive of our forum. Keith

Deeman

Verified Member
Thanks guys! But JH has enough heart to carry the torch in my book.

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
I know this is not offical but I want to nominate our One Pocket Ghost. The Ghost has been one of our most active members here for years and he still plays very competitively. If my memory is right , he beat Ike in the 1st round of the one pocket at the Derby last year. He would be a true representive of our forum. Keith

Sappo,

Good point. All of them are deserving.

DeeMan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sappo,

Good point. All of them are deserving.

DeeMan

It would be hard not to vote for Deeman, Ghost, John B., Lou F, Bernie, or several others equally deserving for the one pocket sponsorship..It's quite certain John B. will be a shoo-in for the Banks division, (or maybe both)...Who better ??

I have it on good authority, that JRHendy, will be coming down to Phx. later this year, and I also think its quite possible he and Bernie will be quite near, if not at the top, by popular vote...JMHO..ICBW..;)

What better way, to have the 1P sponsorship, determined by a shoot-out, say a race to 5 or 7..I am sure they would be betting a few sheckels of their own, on the side, and I'm also sure Lenny would stream it... Their match at the U.S. Open in May, turned out to be a classic, 6 1/2 hour dog fight...Hill/hill, down to the last few balls...:cool:

PS...Equally entertaining, would be a shoot-out between the Chicago contingent..Which would offer up a match between Beardman the Ghost, as they are the only long time contributors here. (to my knowledge)
Freddy has stated he doesn't play much any more, so I'm guessing that would make Ghosty, a prohibitive favorite, providing sufficient ass weights are in place on him...:D:D. (JK Ghosty)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0Gx8suAQs[/ame]

SuperDuck <---Is not trying to stir up any excrement, but do you have Stricklands phone number Ghosty ???...:lol

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks guys! But JH has enough heart to carry the torch in my book.

DeeMan

Thank you Deeman, while I would be honored to represent onepocket.org, I think The Ghost deserves a good roll to start off the new year at The Derby.

He beat me three in a row in my own joint, and this was while I was wearing my Ghostbusters shirt. Probably the highlight of a rough year for him.:D

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Re: Dee Sands

Re: Dee Sands

Like a true gentleman he responded. Just one more reason we need a face like his to represent the people.

Did I mention he's one of the best people I have ever met on a pool table?

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
If sponsored...

If sponsored...

Whoever gets sponsored I think they should wear as much onepocketorg patches, shirts and banners as humanly possible.

Ken

Deeman

Verified Member
Like a true gentleman he responded. Just one more reason we need a face like his to represent the people.

Did I mention he's one of the best people I have ever met on a pool table?

Thanks. I really appreciate your kindness. I do think Ghost would be a great representative as well as the others mentioned. Ace, Both Johns as well as many others are more deserving than me. I used to give Ace a few balls, now he can do the same to me! :) Also, as someone said, Ghost has had so many challenges this year, it would be nice to see him represent us. If I ever again feel I am playing up to snuff, I'll be glad to put my name in the hat!

DeeMan

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Thank you Deeman, while I would be honored to represent onepocket.org, I think The Ghost deserves a good roll to start off the new year at The Derby.

He beat me three in a row in my own joint, and this was while I was wearing my Ghostbusters shirt. Probably the highlight of a rough year for him.:D

With all due respect to other nominees, I think Ghost deserves (and just on general principles for what he's been through the past year) should get the OnePocket.org DCC free roll.

Lou Figueroa

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Ghost for DCC

Ghost for DCC

I also vote for the Ghost. Yes he's had a rough year, but deserves to go simply for adding to, teaching, woofing, hustling, and ball busting on this site since it's inception. I can't think of a better person to represent the site and deserves it. He truly loves the game, the site, and all of the colorful characters who make up the pool world. Go Ghost!!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Ghost, ok

Ghost, ok

The Ghost is fine with me. However, I was just wondering. Do previous tournament winners like John B get a lifetime free ride in the DCC tournaments? Some tournaments do that.

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I really think we should do something to sponsor Calired, whether he is "the player" or not. He does a ton for all of us here at OnePocket.org, and if he goes, you know he is going to treat it like a "working trip" by doing a ton of photos, video, etc. I think his main game might be Banks, rather than One Pocket. Greg Sullivan is giving us both a One Pocket and Banks entry spot, so maybe we can stretch some to support two players....

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I really think we should do something to sponsor Calired, whether he is "the player" or not. He does a ton for all of us here at OnePocket.org, and if he goes, you know he is going to treat it like a "working trip" by doing a ton of photos, video, etc. I think his main game might be Banks, rather than One Pocket. Greg Sullivan is giving us both a One Pocket and Banks entry spot, so maybe we can stretch some to support two players....

Yes I agree !
Rod.