I'm back up mostly plus Omaha John

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
vapros said:
By the way, has anyone heard from Greg lately?

I"m finally back! After a week of trying to move and working, I worked all day and then stayed up till about 5:00 this morning putting together a computer desk and hooking up my pc and audio/video stuff.

Damn, I can't do this anymore. This is just where I'm stuck, because I just can't move crap anymore.. this one was up 3 flights of stairs and I was shot at the end of the 1st flight. I"m so sore I can hardly move.

Desk took quite awhile to build but it's a nice one. Should work out good for a Command Center:) Let's just say I don't have a typical setup.

Hopefully I can focus on cleaning up the floor this weekend. Right now the entire floor is covered in stuff that was taken out of boxes to find something else.

Haven't played pool in a week, so I want to hit some balls tonight. Maybe get some sleep too. I think I may have something major wrong with me. People have been remarking about how I don't look good and how I've lost weight. I've weighed about 200 for quite awhile. I weighed myself the other day... 162. I've lost about 25% of me - 40 lbs. I've been only getting about 4 hrs sleep and missing many night meals, but that seems crazy. I visited my mom last weekend and she's worrying I may have cancer.

For those of you that have sent me PM's and stuff, I'll go back thru them and see what's up. I've been fairly out of touch for the past week. Can't wait to start cleaning up and finishing off some projects.

I stopped by the pool hall on the way home (hehe I moved about 10 blocks away from it) and Omaha John Shuput was there. He remembered me from last time we talked and he said he reads onepocket.org sometimes. Said he has a good time reading it. I mentioned who I was on here and he said "CaliRed"!!! WOW.. I didn't know that was you! Kinda weird how a person has 2 lives, on the forum and off it.:D

I said hey let me snap a pic of you.. so here ya go.

Talk to everyone later... I'm falling asleep as I'm typing here.
greg_john.jpg

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
8-ball

8-ball

Im sure he was a terror in all games but they would talk about him being one of the best along with Matlock on bar boxes.I saw him once or twice at the top 9-ball tournaments 25 years ago,thanks Greg and good work,B

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Greg sounds like its good you didnt have to move a pool table into your new place:D
you got ME tired reading about carrying all that stuff up 3 flights of stairs
once you are settled in completely you can sit back and enjoy your new place
:)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Greg,

You are missed here when you're gone, welcome back. I hope things turn out well for you.

P.S. Maybe you need to change cigarette brands:eek: .

Dennis

JAM

Verified Member
Greg, you have lost weight. I can see it in your face.

I remember you mentioning that you were going through some affairs of the heart. I share this with you only because I suffered a heart ache when Keith went to Vegas one year. He was gone for almost a month. After the tournament ended, he proceeded to go on the road with Mark Haddad to California, stating they had some action lined up. My heart was broken; I wanted him to come home. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and I lost 25 pounds in a month, which for a lady is always welcome. :D

Interestingly, if it wasn't for Grady Mathews and his wife Randi, we probably wouldn't have gotten back together. :eek:

One door shuts and another one opens. I hope you embrace this change in your life and make something good happen. I think as times goes by, you're going to discover a new Greg. :cool:

And if you still smoke, well, I guess I don't have to say it, but you know what you're supposed to do. ;)

Remember how many friends are in your corner, as evidenced this this thread and others. Congratulations on your move. May the coming year bring you much happiness, peace of mind, and good health. Sometimes change is really good. :)

jay helfert

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
I"m finally back! After a week of trying to move and working, I worked all day and then stayed up till about 5:00 this morning putting together a computer desk and hooking up my pc and audio/video stuff.

Damn, I can't do this anymore. This is just where I'm stuck, because I just can't move crap anymore.. this one was up 3 flights of stairs and I was shot at the end of the 1st flight. I"m so sore I can hardly move.

Desk took quite awhile to build but it's a nice one. Should work out good for a Command Center:) Let's just say I don't have a typical setup.

Hopefully I can focus on cleaning up the floor this weekend. Right now the entire floor is covered in stuff that was taken out of boxes to find something else.

Haven't played pool in a week, so I want to hit some balls tonight. Maybe get some sleep too. I think I may have something major wrong with me. People have been remarking about how I don't look good and how I've lost weight. I've weighed about 200 for quite awhile. I weighed myself the other day... 162. I've lost about 25% of me - 40 lbs. I've been only getting about 4 hrs sleep and missing many night meals, but that seems crazy. I visited my mom last weekend and she's worrying I may have cancer.

For those of you that have sent me PM's and stuff, I'll go back thru them and see what's up. I've been fairly out of touch for the past week. Can't wait to start cleaning up and finishing off some projects.

I stopped by the pool hall on the way home (hehe I moved about 10 blocks away from it) and Omaha John Shuput was there. He remembered me from last time we talked and he said he reads onepocket.org sometimes. Said he has a good time reading it. I mentioned who I was on here and he said "CaliRed"!!! WOW.. I didn't know that was you! Kinda weird how a person has 2 lives, on the forum and off it.:D

I said hey let me snap a pic of you.. so here ya go.

Talk to everyone later... I'm falling asleep as I'm typing here.
View attachment 3926

Please tell John I say hi and thanks for the hospitality (and the good steer) all those years ago. See if he remembers me getting his little Triumph sports car stuck in a snow drift. Ha Ha

P.S. Tell John he's looking good for an old timer!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
JAM said:
Greg, you have lost weight. I can see it in your face.

I remember you mentioning that you were going through some affairs of the heart. I share this with you only because I suffered a heart ache when Keith went to Vegas one year. He was gone for almost a month. After the tournament ended, he proceeded to go on the road with Mark Haddad to California, stating they had some action lined up. My heart was broken; I wanted him to come home. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and I lost 25 pounds in a month, which for a lady is always welcome. :D

Interestingly, if it wasn't for Grady Mathews and his wife Randi, we probably wouldn't have gotten back together. :eek:

One door shuts and another one opens. I hope you embrace this change in your life and make something good happen. I think as times goes by, you're going to discover a new Greg. :cool:

And if you still smoke, well, I guess I don't have to say it, but you know what you're supposed to do. ;)

Remember how many friends are in your corner, as evidenced this this thread and others. Congratulations on your move. May the coming year bring you much happiness, peace of mind, and good health. Sometimes change is really good. :)
What she said, Greg. I hope things go better and better for you both on the home front and the health front! We really appreciate all you do for us in the pool world, but we come third -- you come first and second!!