who are we, anyway? we the people of this forum?

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
oh, gawd! where to begin?

well, the word ‘captivating’ hove into mind the other evening.

there are players, gamblers, hustlers, grifters ... natch!

percentage players. (didn’t that george c. scott character in a pool movie with piper laurie have something to say about percentage players?)

herein are decriers of violence and tush hog admirers who somehow, sometimes, coexist in the same sort of jungian psyche.

there are historians of the finest oral order -- legends thrive, history survives -- thanks to the memory-sharing and story-telling prowess of some of the savviest gentry in here. this site is ground zero for one-pocket lore. (being from nyc, i don’t use the term ‘ground zero’ softly.)

these ‘historical talkies’ are now being augmented by video. widespread streaming is supplanting intermittent television coverage. soon, most, or at least many, significant matches will be available on demand. this is way good.

but ... it’s the raw personalities in here who fascinate me ... the liars, braggarts, fabricators, exaggerators. and those who sometimes circle in around the truth. or, close to it. or reasonably near. on a relatively cloudless day.

there are charming loudmouths and those who quietly saunter away with the cash. (the dad of one of my girlfriends knew a legendary horse player in new orleans. he never talked about his winnings. when pressed, paul said, simply, ‘oh, i made expenses.’)

there are fantastic one-pocket players who share their knowledge. and others who don’t.

there are average players with a simple love for one-pocket. yea!

there are efren sightings. throb, throb, throb!

there are the providers -- the suppliers of videos, diagrams, commentaries, streams, strategies, stories, etc. -- who ask little, or nothing, in return.

there are iconoclasts and defenders, shooters and wedge gamers. big money bettors and tequila wagerers.

and ... music lovers (gangstagrass! yea, nyc!).

oddballs, of course!

there are big city folks, country denizens.

there are aiming system enthusiasts and their skeptics ... well, no need to visit those hazardous swamplands!

there are mouthy interlopers -- shut up, you boners! -- and thoughtful observers such as i may well become. someday. hey, it’s possible! (bye the bye, bite me, irene! and, also, osama b. l.. nyc is just fine, thank you very much!)

we have here --all in all -- a remarkable pudding of textured flavors ... i’m honored to be a minor contributor to our one-pocket meme.

celebrating oddity is my life,

sunny

p. s. woo woo! go onepocket.org!

p. p. s. any clare sightings?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
To read Sunny's stuff, one must keep one's Google ready for action. (Mine is)
Eventually she may learn to communicate at our level, but that might not be a good thing, after all. Whale away, city girl. We will do out best to catch up. :rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
sunnyone said:

percentage players. (didn't that george c. scott character in a pool movie with piper laurie have something to say about percentage players?)I believe it was Fast Eddie who said "percentage players die broke" or words to that effect.

herein are decriers of violence and tush hog admirers who somehow, sometimes, coexist in the same sort of jungian psyche.

there are historians of the finest oral order -- legends thrive, history survives -- thanks to the memory-sharing and story-telling prowess of some of the savviest gentry in here. this site is ground zero for one-pocket lore. (being from nyc, i don’t use the term ‘ground zero’ softly.)

these ‘historical talkies’ are now being augmented by video. widespread streaming is supplanting intermittent television coverage. soon, most, or at least many, significant matches will be available on demand. this is way good.

but ... it’s the raw personalities in here who fascinate me ... the liars, braggarts, fabricators, exaggerators.We take those from Chicago with a grain of salt:D and those who sometimes circle in around the truth. or, close to it. or reasonably near. on a relatively cloudless day.

there are charming loudmouthsmostly absent lately and those who quietly saunter away with the cash. (the dad of one of my girlfriends knew a legendary horse player in new orleans. he never talked about his winnings. when pressed, paul said, simply, ‘oh, i made expenses.’)

there are fantastic one-pocket players who share their knowledgeWhy thank you Sunny. and others who don’t.

there are the providers -- the suppliers of videos, diagrams, commentaries, streams, strategies, stories, etc. -- who ask little, or nothing, in return.Cash would be nice but we'll settle for total allegiance (and obedience from the females)

there are iconoclasts and defenders, shooters and wedge gamersWedge gamers are as queer as a football bat. big money bettors and tequila wagerersMmmmmTequila.

and ... music lovers (gangstagrass! yea, nyc!)Rock, Country & Jazz, Oh Yeah!.

oddballs, of course!This is a poolroom

there are aiming system enthusiastsAll queer and their skeptics ... well, no need to visit those hazardous swamplands!

there are mouthy interlopers -- shut up, you boners! -- and thoughtful observers such as i may well become. someday. hey, it’s possible! (bye the bye, bite me, irene! and, also, osama b. l.. nyc is just fine, thank you very much!)

we have here --all in all -- a remarkable pudding of textured flavors ... i’m honored to be a minor contributor to our one-pocket meme.

sunny

p. p. s. any clare sightings? Clare is in the bed of my 1979 F-350 4x4:p She's not going to be released any time soon.
Sunnyone,

If you turn out not to be a gay guy (highly unlikely) and instead are a fine looking woman I will kiss your ass in the County Square.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Sunnyone,

If you turn out not to be a gay guy (highly unlikely) and instead are a fine looking woman I will kiss your ass in the County Square.

Dennis

Dennis, I see your "Gaydar" is working. :D :p
Rod.

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
sunnyone said:

percentage players. (didn’t that george c. scott character in a pool movie with piper laurie have something to say about percentage players?)

but ... it’s the raw personalities in here who fascinate me ... the liars, braggarts, fabricators, exaggerators. and those who sometimes circle in around the truth. or, close to it. or reasonably near. on a relatively cloudless day.

there are charming loudmouths and those who quietly saunter away with the cash. (the dad of one of my girlfriends knew a legendary horse player in new orleans. he never talked about his winnings. when pressed, paul said, simply, ‘oh, i made expenses.’)

there are fantastic one-pocket players who share their knowledge. and others who don’t.

there are the providers -- the suppliers of videos, diagrams, commentaries, streams, strategies, stories, etc. -- who ask little, or nothing, in return.

there are iconoclasts and defenders, shooters and wedge gamers. big money bettors and tequila wagerers.

and ... music lovers (gangstagrass! yea, nyc!).

oddballs, of course!

there are aiming system enthusiasts and their skeptics ... well, no need to visit those hazardous swamplands!

sunny

p. p. s. any clare sightings?

interesting ...

summed it up well

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sunnyone,

You left out...handsome, middle aged, wealthy, fun loving, bachelor (recently widowed), Highly sought after by movie starlets, and who routinely gives Scott Frost 8/6 and the break...:cool: wha' sup wi' dat. :confused:

Desert Duck

PS..Well I may have exagerrated a little about Scott, 8/7 is our normal game)...:rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Sunnyone,

You left out...handsome, middle aged, wealthy, fun loving, bachelor (recently widowed), Highly sought after by movie starlets, and who routinely gives Scott Frost 8/6 and the break...:cool: wha' sup wi' dat. :confused:

Desert Duck

PS..Well I may have exagerrated a little about Scott, 8/7 is our normal game)...:rolleyes:
I'm sure he's very sorry for the oversight Ducky.

RBL

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
cowboy dee!

cowboy dee!

someone alerted me to your most generous offer re: posterior osculation.

Cowboy Dennis said:
Sunnyone,

Dennis

ew.

now, i have no concerns about any personal leanings (bend overs?) that you may have in this nether arena: fantasies? predilections (hidden pun?)? ongoing participations in that most intimate of operations?

all of that, and more, is of your own concern.

however -- isn’t there always an however? -- your enthusiastic freedom to proceed therein will not include the participation of, well, me. sorry.

letting good people down as gently as possible is my life,

sunny

p. s. i am not staid! there are other ... well, never mind!

p. p. s. while we do not have a television set (why is this remotely relevant? stay tuned.), i noticed a fold-out ad for a series called ‘boardwalk empire’ in the current edition of v. f. the tag line was ‘know who’s behind you.’ i don’t believe in mystical omens, but i took it as a word to the wise.

p. p. p. s. not that i consider myself wise! i merely interpreted the ad catchphrase as a hint not to turn my back on certain vaqueros with a dixie slant.