smooth operator!

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
a pal suggested that i tune in to turning stone last week. (turning stone is, apparently, no relation to rolling rock? which is, i believe, a beer company?)

my friend was aware of this particular streaming thanks to lenny’s diligent postings. and also those of cmb.

i was struck by a few thoughts:

> the quality of the stream. high.

> the immediate re-revisit video function that allowed us to review shots just made.

> the perpetually-refreshed ‘score updates.’

> the after-match interviews with the winners. (loser interviews would also have been of allure.)

> the honest, non-slick, enthusiasm of the commentators.

> the ongoing need for commentators to be able to see -- and, respond to -- the chat room. when there are thousands of viewers, and scores of registered chatters, it’s illogical to ignore these most avid of fans. (okay, i love to opine! yes, it’s all about me, me, me!)

streaming of billiards events is obviously in an evolutionary stage. which is good. because the streaming just keeps getting better.

from arizona one-pocket to the mosconi cup to bar boxes to opens ... it just keeps getting better.

(I posit this, not as a player, but as a fan ... a mere spectator. but we viewers -- as few as we may be, as ignorant as some of us are -- comprise a consequential constituency that could be influential for the rebound of our unique cosmos.)

where was i? oh, rodney!

be still my pulsating heart!

most of you probably already know rodney morris. well, the little time i had to watch him play at turning stone ... smooth operator!

of course my main pool crush is efren. but, rodney shoplifted a slice of my affection. he smiled, he was so fluid, so casual. he joked around in post-match interviews. he glided around the table.

i’ll probably exhibit my pool ignorance here ... but it seemed to me that the casual two, three, four-and-more-rail position shots he made reminded me of efren.

rodney showed that grace of movement attitude that some large men have ... easy, affable ... easy.

is rodney married?

adoration is my life,

sunny

p. s. that was just a little joke about rodney’s marital status. one non-husband in my life is more than enough.

p. p. s. but rodney is cute! he shares a similar self-deferential style with efren. a shy smile, with knowing eyes.

p. p. p. s. is monogamy overrated?

p. p. p. p. s. i really don’t think it is.

p. p. p. p. p. s. that’s my narrative and i’m adhering to it!

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
sunnyone said:
a pal suggested that i tune in to turning stone last week. (turning stone is, apparently, no relation to rolling rock? which is, i believe, a beer company?)

my friend was aware of this particular streaming thanks to lenny’s diligent postings. and also those of cmb.

i was struck by a few thoughts:

> the quality of the stream. high.

> the immediate re-revisit video function that allowed us to review shots just made.

> the perpetually-refreshed ‘score updates.’

> the after-match interviews with the winners. (loser interviews would also have been of allure.)

> the honest, non-slick, enthusiasm of the commentators.

> the ongoing need for commentators to be able to see -- and, respond to -- the chat room. when there are thousands of viewers, and scores of registered chatters, it’s illogical to ignore these most avid of fans. (okay, i love to opine! yes, it’s all about me, me, me!)

streaming of billiards events is obviously in an evolutionary stage. which is good. because the streaming just keeps getting better.

from arizona one-pocket to the mosconi cup to bar boxes to opens ... it just keeps getting better.

(I posit this, not as a player, but as a fan ... a mere spectator. but we viewers -- as few as we may be, as ignorant as some of us are -- comprise a consequential constituency that could be influential for the rebound of our unique cosmos.)

where was i? oh, rodney!

be still my pulsating heart!

most of you probably already know rodney morris. well, the little time i had to watch him play at turning stone ... smooth operator!

of course my main pool crush is efren. but, rodney shoplifted a slice of my affection. he smiled, he was so fluid, so casual. he joked around in post-match interviews. he glided around the table.

i’ll probably exhibit my pool ignorance here ... but it seemed to me that the casual two, three, four-and-more-rail position shots he made reminded me of efren.

rodney showed that grace of movement attitude that some large men have ... easy, affable ... easy.

is rodney married?

adoration is my life,

sunny

p. s. that was just a little joke about rodney’s marital status. one non-husband in my life is more than enough.

p. p. s. but rodney is cute! he shares a similar self-deferential style with efren. a shy smile, with knowing eyes.

p. p. p. s. is monogamy overrated?

p. p. p. p. s. i really don’t think it is.

p. p. p. p. p. s. that’s my narrative and i’m adhering to it!

Well writen. I like his style too.