Action in Vegas Non-Stop

JAM

Verified Member
Well, rumor has it that there are a few OnePocket.org Hall of Famers in Vegas at the time of this writing who are sweating the recent festivities of the action games going on.

Currently, there's an 8-ahead game for a big number between a veteran and a local, and the railbirds are enjoying the action.

Vagabond wrote in that Ronnie Wiseman is playing a champion boxer a little one-hole.

Mark Trainer is getting his feet wet, knocking some balls around with Tony Coleman for cheap action.

Looks like Vegas is One Pocket Heaven right now. :cool:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
JAM said:
Well, rumor has it that there are a few OnePocket.org Hall of Famers in Vegas at the time of this writing who are sweating the recent festivities of the action games going on.

Currently, there's an 8-ahead game for a big number between a veteran and a local, and the railbirds are enjoying the action.

Vagabond wrote in that Ronnie Wiseman is playing a champion boxer a little one-hole.

Mark Trainer is getting his feet wet, knocking some balls around with Tony Coleman for cheap action.

Looks like Vegas is One Pocket Heaven right now. :cool:

Thanks Jam. I wonder if Artie is doing anything. He has been mia since arround Fathers Day here. I hope he didn't abandon us for good. I clicked on the Ricky Skaggs link again to wake up with today. I love it when they break to the cotton eyed joe part and the dancers come out. God those hoofers remind me of the girls high school track team I use to love to watch, and still do. They all have those great looking legs. A lot of talent on that stage. The Highway 40 Blues is in my top 500 songs for sure. Poor Amy Winehouse just checked out a couple of days ago. She was only 27 I think. What a waste. Couldn't kick and stay kicked. How do you mix money, fame and hard drugs and still survive that old " Is that all there is feeling " ???? that everybody gets when they are that young. Gives me cold chills....

Shattered Dreams My Mind Is Numb
Money's Gone Stick Out My Thumb
My Eyes Are Filled With Bitter Tears
Lord I Ain't Been Home In Years-Got The Highway 40 Blues.......

fretbored

Have you ever heard the songwriter of "Highway 40 Blues" do it? Larry Cordell and Lonesome Standard Time perform at alot of bluegrass festivals and venues and he's been a diehad successful songwriter for years. He writes some of the 'real deal' country songs around Nashville... stuff like "Murder on Music Row".

Larry can sing with as much soul as the best of them... and the band is top notch every time.

Another great tune of his is 'Jesus and Bartenders'

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fretbored said:
Have you ever heard the songwriter of "Highway 40 Blues" do it? Larry Cordell and Lonesome Standard Time
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTFDRU7rC0[/ame]

JAM

Verified Member
Jimmy B said:
Thanks Jam. I wonder if Artie is doing anything. He has been mia since arround Fathers Day here. I hope he didn't abandon us for good. I clicked on the Ricky Skaggs link again to wake up with today. I love it when they break to the cotton eyed joe part and the dancers come out. God those hoofers remind me of the girls high school track team I use to love to watch, and still do. They all have those great looking legs. A lot of talent on that stage. The Highway 40 Blues is in my top 500 songs for sure. Poor Amy Winehouse just checked out a couple of days ago. She was only 27 I think. What a waste. Couldn't kick and stay kicked. How do you mix money, fame and hard drugs and still survive that old " Is that all there is feeling " ???? that everybody gets when they are that young. Gives me cold chills....

Shattered Dreams My Mind Is Numb
Money's Gone Stick Out My Thumb
My Eyes Are Filled With Bitter Tears
Lord I Ain't Been Home In Years-Got The Highway 40 Blues.......

I love me some Ricky Skaggs. Man, he's the best, ain't he?

Here's one of my Ricky Skaggs' faves. As soon as he says "Howdy," it puts me in a good mood: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1OtmnxDcs&playnext=1&list=PL8FBBB280D49B7685"]Wheel Hoss[/ame]

It doesn't get much sweeter than this with Doc Watson, Earl Scruggs, Allison Kraus, and Ricky: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpt-Fah4D10"] Banks of Ohio[/ame]

Get your feet a tapping to some *real* bluegrass: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGNpDKUhfxY"]Little Girl of Mine from Tennessee[/ame]

Oh, just to add a few snippets on topic, I better add that the 8-ahead game as of the last time I heard, a few hours ago, the tides have shifted, and rather than one side being 5 ahead on their way to 8 ahead, the other side is now 4 ahead. Sleep really is a wonderful thing. LOL

Ronnie Allen got in some cheap action with some guy named "Deaf-ball," but he didn't come out on top.