joyner /cooney game 4

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
now that all the shots are up lets see if anyone has any other comments pro /con or otherwise.
sjd i know the suspence of what did cooney shoot is killing you:rolleyes: :D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
now that all the shots are up lets see if anyone has any other comments pro /con or otherwise.
sjd i know the suspence of what did cooney shoot is killing you :D

Not really... If Jack shoots one of the other shots, I will still like mine best (for me)...If he does shoot mine, well,...lets just say there could be some severely deflated egos, possibly even at least one attempted suicide by gun...:rolleyes:

PS..But, said party will probably survive...(because he misses just about everything he shoots at)...:cool: :D :D

Last edited:

dsb8541

Ahh, missed the part where he just ran 7. Yea, I like Steves shot, have to make somthing happen or get set up to make and scratch on his last ball. You are right SJD, no wonder I cant win at this game. lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
heres the 3 balls on the spot
View attachment 3357
I can shoot this shot all the way from Italy and hit it great. Position the cue ball as if you were playing a spot shot and softly strike the head ball cutting it like you were trying to pocket the spotted ball in your pocket.The head ball will end up on your long rail and the coe ball will end up near Joyners pocket, any thing else would be uncivilized.

Dr. Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
I can shoot this shot all the way from Italy and hit it great. Position the cue ball as if you were playing a spot shot and softly strike the head ball cutting it like you were trying to pocket the spotted ball in your pocket.The head ball will end up on your long rail and the coe ball will end up near Joyners pocket, any thing else would be uncivilized.

Dr. Billy I.
Bill, if you get into any trouble over there here's the best advice I can give you:

T4KL4.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Great choice, except...

Great choice, except...

SJDinPHX said:
Almost exactly (cue ball a little more left of center) Thanks lll. I like my chances of freezing the cue ball better and leaving my oppo NO shot, than any other shot selection discussed so far.

...That no matter how good you hit it, it will be an easy matter to be able to return the cue ball to the back rail. Me no likkie it back there.

My shot STARTS my oppo off on the back rail.

Beard

Anatidae has already committed verbal suicide by offering an opinion and leaving his feeble thinking process open for inspection.
Is this one of the shots he taught Darren Appleton?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
...That no matter how good you hit it, it will be an easy matter to be able to return the cue ball to the back rail. Me no likkie it back there.

My shot STARTS my oppo off on the back rail.

Beard

Anatidae has already committed verbal suicide by offering an opinion and leaving his feeble thinking process open for inspection.
Is this one of the shots he taught Darren Appleton?

Yeah, Well your shot ain't so hot either. I can't imagine any good player shooting it, as it must be hit almost perfect. :)
If you not gonna move one uptable you might as well bank the rear ball.
Rod.
PS, Gofer that I am, the bank is what I'd shoot.
[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@4EALY4IAMI4NALq1PQcb4dAMI3dbpk4dcgs4dVTw1kQcb4kCID4kLpt4kcdX2kEvg2kcLS2kYiA4uAAU@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Say what you mean Rod...Don't sugar coat it !!!

Say what you mean Rod...Don't sugar coat it !!!

androd said:
Yeah, Well your shot ain't so hot either. I can't imagine any good player shooting it, as it must be hit almost perfect. :)
Rod.

It is impossible to realize the immeasurable pain you have inflicted, on our resident [sic] expert...Don't you know, thats how other people (like yours truely) have gotten crossways with him, by even hinting, that what he says or does, could dare be called into question, much less calling his shot 'wrong, or, not what a real 'Pro' would shoot' ....I have no doubt, you will be hearing from the administrator, regarding this sacralige...:rolleyes:

Also I see our esteemed collegue, the good Dr, has weighed in from Italy, with yet another denouncement...Have you noticed, since the 'resident expert', has hired the Rust Belt Lunatic, as a [sic] PR man, things are going even worse than when he had the capable [sic] assistance of Mr.Pincushion.

PS..But Rod,....It may be well worth a slap on the wrist..heh,heh..:p :p :p

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hit if perfect?

Hit if perfect?

androd said:
Rod.
[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@4EALY4IAMI4NALq1PQcb4dAMI3dbpk4dcgs4dVTw1kQcb4kCID4kLpt4kcdX2kEvg2kcLS2kYiA4uAAU@[/CUETABLE]

What is perfect about the hit? Thin the back ball. All you have to do is make sure you dont hit it hard enough to bank cross corner and have it land in front of his pocket. You have about a 3 or 4 diamond margin of error. The second part of the shot is, just make sure you dont scratch in the back corner pocket. How hard is that? All done with no english. I have a hunch you have confused my shot with something else.

Your shot is ten times more complicated. It is tough enough to bank the Second ball on the spot cross-corner, let alone the Third ball. Not even all the top players bank at the Second ball. What does that tell you about trying the Third ball?
Now as for having to hit something perfect, to do what you suggest requires ENGLISH and Speed Control. Dont you think that it is harder to spin a ball 3 rails than it is to roll one, one rail?
I would, God forbid, shoot the Duck's shot before yours.

Plus, once in awhile I would like someone to comment on the main point of my shot, which is that I intend to start my opponent off on the back rail. Duck's shot starts his oppo off on the foot rail with an easy opportunity to ship me to the place where I dont want to be -- the end rail. Does anybody want to argue with that?

I would also be interested in a few of the members stepping out and picking a shot they would shoot, mine, yours, ducks, whoever's, and then EXPLAIN why they would do it and the benefits of such.

Beard

Why is the Duck so exuberant? You didnt second his shot? Doesnt care about himself? Just obsessed with someone disagreeing with me? Can he be that sick (sic)?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:

I would also be interested in a few of the members stepping out and picking a shot they would shoot, mine, yours, ducks, whoever's, and then EXPLAIN why they would do it and the benefits of such.

Beard

Why is the Duck so exuberant? You didnt second his shot? Doesnt care about himself? Just obsessed with someone disagreeing with me? Can he be that sick (sic)? The correct desciption of my mood would be "ecstatic"

It appears we are going into "Defensive Tirade/Attack Mode" again...Way too many words in that speech...Plus, no mention of Dr. Bill's dissenting shot ???

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sucking around for allies?

Sucking around for allies?

SJDinPHX said:
Seems like we are going into "Defensive Tirade" mode again...Way too many words in that speech...Plus, no mention of Dr. Bill's dissenting shot ???

Trying to get Dr Bill to join up with you against me aint gonna happen. He and I argue all the time. HOWEVER, we would never allow a mope like you to get between us.

Too many words? Made too much sense? I notice that you are careful to never address any of my points. Just mindless, unfounded knocks. Your usual M.O. You're like Jon Stewart, whenever he gets a legitimate political question he cant answer he becomes a comedian again and tells a joke. Up until then he poses as a serious, "unbiased" political pundit.

Please explain to the audience why it is better to allow your opponent to ship you up table rather than having HIM start out there. We are all listening.

Beard

Your "replies" to my commentary are getting sillier and sillier. Not very good camouflage for your obvious consternation.

bstroud

Verified Member
When there are just 2 balls on the spot I put the cue ball near the side rail and split hit the 2 balls with a little reverse English and put the cue ball on the end rail.

The same shot will probably work here but the score is the most important thing.

Bill Stroud

u12armresl

Verified Member
That's not the way I took it, make one on the break and then run 7 means you win. But ok.

I do understand that tournaments are played even, sorry i'm the only one who had a hard time with this distinction.

androd said:
I thought you understood, when they said running 7 balls that it included the one made on the break. Big time tournaments are played even. I was trying to explain 3 balls on the spot. That is what I thought you didn't understand. :)
Rod.
PS, I didn't post it but it's kind of infered that they need 8 balls.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Lets get out of the mud, and move on...

Lets get out of the mud, and move on...

Fred, I don't feel compelled to explain anything to you, as you seem to be blind to anyone's opinion but yours...Always have been, and you are too old to change now. I did not get to whatever level I reached, playing one pocket, by making bad shot selections, and not having a good understanding of the game.

However since you asked so politely, (NOT)...I will tell why I prefer my shot over yours.

I am intent on tying the balls up somewhat, and leaving my oppo, on, or very close to the bottom rail, by his hole...He will not have a playable shot, of any kind, at his hole...And will, if he's smart, try to put me on the far rail. In doing so, he has to hit something pretty good, and avoid leaving ME a shot at my game ball. If he's not a top player, he may even help me push them uptable. Either way, I don't feel threatened, by playing a safety game from that point on.

Frankly, I cannot comment on your shot, because I really don't recall anyone EVER shooting it on me...All I can say is, your shot carries inherent risks, wheras mine does not...I have seen a lot of games lost...(even lost some myself) by trying to make a delicate thin hit and come back up table...lots of potential 'bad things" can happen...Thats probably why you don't have a lot of supporters.

I feel as though I'm wasting my time, but, I hope this qualifies as an intelligent explanation, of the difference between the two shots. Also, please allow me to point out the fact, that I would not get up out of the electic chair, to shoot 'your' shot...But I may let Darren A. shoot it...He hits thin cuts reeeal good, and handles his cue ball quite well...Nah, I'd still teach him the correct shot, for that spot.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
u12armresl said:
That's not the way I took it, make one on the break and then run 7 means you win. But ok.

I do understand that tournaments are played even, sorry i'm the only one who had a hard time with this distinction.
i didn not make it clear that cooney ran a total of seven balls to start the game.:eek:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
The reason I picked the bank is because I'm a sucker.;)

fred bentivegna said:
Plus, once in awhile I would like someone to comment on the main point of my shot, which is that I intend to start my opponent off on the back rail. Duck's shot starts his oppo off on the foot rail with an easy opportunity to ship me to the place where I dont want to be -- the end rail. Does anybody want to argue with that?

Beard

Were I playing high enough, my first choice would be to knock something uptable or at least over by my side and the CB on the short rail by my opponents pocket. Were I winner I'd shoot at the bank. I seem to have a better understanding of this bank than some, as I generally hit it well.
The wrapup is I don't like leaving 3 balls in play if I need one.
Rod.
PS, It's my opinion, however feeble. I assume I have the right to one, however feeble it may be.
Rod.
PS, I know my place, I've been put in it often enough. :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
for my 2 cents
freddys and beatles shot makes sense as far as you leave distance and move a ball to your hole and potentially have the 2 remaing ballls on the spot as blockers .
whats wrong with that concept??:confused:
execution might be left for upper level players but cooney and joyner are up there.

i beleive sjds shot and dr. bills are from different sides of the center and not the same shot

"I can shoot this shot all the way from Italy and hit it great. Position the cue ball as if you were playing a spot shot and softly strike the head ball cutting it like you were trying to pocket the spotted ball in your pocket.The head ball will end up on your long rail and the coe ball will end up near Joyners pocket, any thing else would be uncivilized.""

Dr. Billy I.

so looking at the 3 balls on the spot dick is hitting it from left of center ans dr. bill is hitting it from right of center.

cue ball ends up in the same general area
the balls must break up (end up) alittle different i would imagine.

but still you have the q below the balls with no offensive shot for the incoming player and relative ease of execution

so alittle tougher execution leaves a tougher leave

im sure we will get more pros and cons from the crowd before i show what cooney shot:rolleyes:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
freddys shot just puts one ball in play 2 stay on the spot
the other shots depending how hard you hit them and/ or how they cluster may not leve them immediately in play but they are "loosened up"

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
fred bentivegna said:
Trying to get Dr Bill to join up with you against me aint gonna happen. He and I argue all the time. HOWEVER, we would never allow a mope like you to get between us.

Too many words? Made too much sense? I notice that you are careful to never address any of my points. Just mindless, unfounded knocks. Your usual M.O. You're like Jon Stewart, whenever he gets a legitimate political question he cant answer he becomes a comedian again and tells a joke. Up until then he poses as a serious, "unbiased" political pundit.

Please explain to the audience why it is better to allow your opponent to ship you up table rather than having HIM start out there. We are all listening.

Jon Stweart is the most respected name in politics. How about name one example of Jon Stweart ducking a legitimate question. Even when he and O'Liar had their debate on the liars show, fauxes own poll showed Stweart winning hands down. Jon Stweart has never claimed to be a political pundit. Even as a comedian, he tells more truth in five minutes than faux would do in a year. Steven Colbert is also a comedian making mockery of his right wing nut job guest and the teabaggers. They don't even know the difference. This blog is about one pocket, not personal arguments, personal attacks, or political statements. You want politics, try redstate. It's like watching dogs chase their tails, much mindless drivel.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
lll said:
i didn not make it clear that cooney ran a total of seven balls to start the game.:eek:

Wow, I had better go back to reading English 101, because I thought he had a total of seven balls. But making one on the break and running seven is out. We all makes mistakes. I got your meaning and was looking at the shot to shoot. I think Joyner did shoot the bank and run a few. I don't remember. I don't play this game because my IPAD doesn't do the table thing and I'm too lazy to go use one of the computers. Doesn't make me a bad person. I do things much worse than that.