Whidbey Island one pocket

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I have to go to Sequim this week to say good bye to my good friend, Rick. I was thinking of some friendly one pocket while I was there. I can't gamble for very much, I have lost sight in one eye and I have to wear a boot, but it could be fun.

cuesmith

Verified Member
Scrzbill said:
I have to go to Sequim this week to say good bye to my good friend, Rick. I was thinking of some friendly one pocket while I was there. I can't gamble for very much, I have lost sight in one eye and I have to wear a boot, but it could be fun.

If it wasn't so damn far from me I'd meet you. I was stationed at NAS Whidbey Island with VA 196 back during Viet Nam. Beautiful place. I rented a house off base not far from the Deception Pass Bridge. That is a doozie! Used to play pool in the old Oak Harbor Tavern and another place close to the intersection of Main Street and Rt5 but there were no big tables and I don't think I'd even heard of one pocket back then. I have some fond memories of Oak Harbor & Whidbey. I had a 57 Corvette and there was a guy in town who had a 56 Chevy Wagon who'd shortened the whole car by removing the back doors. He used to pull wheelies pulling away from the light. He tried to race me one day as we'd pulled up side by side at an intersection. He had his complete attention on me. I saw one of Oak Harbors Finest coming from the other direction and knew he hadn't seen him so I goosed mine a little letting him think I was taking off. He burned rubber through the intersection pulling his from wheels off the ground. Obviously he got the attention of the Cop who whipped his car around and pulled him over immediately. I cruised by doing the speed limit and gave him a wave and a smile! I doubt if he could have beaten me anyway but he was known as kind of a jerk around town and it was fun to put him in the trick bag. Ah, those were the good ole days!

Islandeddie

Verified Member
I'd need 5 to 9 and the breaks

I'd need 5 to 9 and the breaks

I gave Paul a call but got his answering service. He would give you the best action on Whidbey. If you like straight pool, a new guy with a nine foot gold crown is not far from the Port Townsend / Coupleville ferry. He recently moved here from just south of Frisco. Harry out of town?

Brad

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Islandeddie said:
I gave Paul a call but got his answering service. He would give you the best action on Whidbey. If you like straight pool, a new guy with a nine foot gold crown is not far from the Port Townsend / Coupleville ferry. He recently moved here from just south of Frisco. Harry out of town?

Brad

My plans changed and I will be flying. It's going to be an in and out. Next time I come up. My physical condition has deteriated badly since my last vist. I wasn't looking for any real action, just cheap fun. Next time, thanks though.