Who are the top 5 active regular posters?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:
Once again, this is us throwing things up in the air and it's not meant for anyone's ego to be bruised and people don't need to be sayng they can't beat anyone, if they think they can.... I'm just looking for a general idea.

I wonder if this can be done honestly get a general idea of who plays the best on this site, that is a active regular poster.

or is everyone going to be in brag/bark/defend mode????? :D:D:D

I do not have any allusions as to how I play now...I cannot make a ball in the ocean...I once played one pocket very close to RA's speed, I think he would admit that...But those days have slipped away...Not whining about it, its just a fact.

It doesn't do any good to outmove somebody, and beat them to the shot, if you miss the ball, or get out of shape immediately.

I am going to play in the Az state One Pocket championship this week end. There will be only about 10 players, who could easily give me a few balls, but I will give it my best shot. It may be my last hurrah...:p :p

ironman

Verified Member
petie said:
Rod,
For some reason until now I was thinking you were Rod Curry aka Surfer Rod.

Pete (petie) Saxton

Rodney,(androd) Is not Rod Curry, trust me on that. If they stood side by side it would look like the number10!
Plus I like both guys and I had a couple of doses of Androd and surfer. Surfer could not begin to beat androd playing 1-pocket.
The bar table may have been something different and something I feel androd would have no interest in at all.
lewis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
SJDinPHX said:
I do not have any allusions as to how I play now...I cannot make a ball in the ocean...I once played one pocket very close to RA's speed, I think he would admit that...But those days have slipped away...Not whining about it, its just a fact.

It doesn't do any good to outmove somebody, and beat them to the shot, if you miss the ball, or get out of shape immediately.

I am going to play in the Az state One Pocket championship this week end. There will be only about 10 players, who could easily give me a few balls, but I will give it my best shot. It may be my last hurrah...:p :p

Dick, make it the first hurrah of your comeback. Good luck.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:

Good for you Dick... I hope Lenny or someone streams it and we get to see you play.

I can only imagine how hard it must be for all you great players, to have to deal with missing shots today, that were "ducks" to you for most of your life. I imagine it must be very hard to deal with. I know how incredibley upset I was when I got back shooting again from a long layoff and missed everything. I felt like the biggest idiot in the world and was thoroughly embarrassed at myself.

Is it the pride that is the hardest to deal with? Or is it being embarrassed that other people see you play like that? I know that you can speak truthfully about that kind of stuff, and I am really interested in learning what you guys feel at this point in your life. Since I never have or never will be a pro, I will never know that feeling. All I can do is ask someone who was.

I hope you can have some fun with pool at this stage in your life. Or is it, that you have to give it up entirely.. kind of a if I can't play reasonably well, then I'm not playing at all?

I hope you do well or even if you don't I hope you have some fun. This game of pool was a big part of your life for many years, I would hate for you to have to not get any enjoyment out of it anymore.

We all realize that age is going to rob you of a lot, in a game of millimeters and precision.

Good Luck Dick !

Greg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
:rolleyes:
CaliRed said:
Good for you Dick...Is it the pride that is the hardest to deal with? Or is it being embarrassed that other people see you play like that? YES

I hope you can have some fun with pool at this stage in your life. Or is it, that you have to give it up entirely.. kind of a if I can't play reasonably well, then I'm not playing at all? That may be coming soon

We all realize that age is going to rob you of a lot, in a game of millimeters and precision.Very true..

Good Luck Dick !

Greg

Thanks Gregster,

I guess I sounded a little dramatic in my last post...Sure, I'll have fun being around the guy's But I still wish I could still really mix it up, and play well.
But I am learning to be a realist...(it sucks)

Even when I was playing my best, I was able to laugh when I missed an easy shot, or lost the cue ball. I found this to be more disconcerting to my opponent,
than throwing a hissy fit.

Also, its a lot different when you know you will probably overcome an error, on the next shot, or the next game...Thats an option I no longer have,...I still laugh at myself. (out of habit I guess), but I find myself laughing a lot more these days)..:eek:

I accept the fact that I will never play well again, and just stumble around, and do the best I can...To say its fun though, would be quite a stretch...And "Father Time" could give a sh*t less, the old bastard...:eek:

El Duck <---May not make the cut...Sure hopes he don't have to play Lenny..:D

PS..I doubt I'll make the TV table, but I will probably do a little commentating...(Artie won't laugh at me for that, will he ?)..:p
...It is a DCT event, so they will be streaming it, starting at noon on Sat 6/18...www.desertclassictour.com

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:

Thanks Gregster,

PS..I doubt I'll make the TV table, but I will probably do a little commentating...(Artie won't laugh at me for that, will he ?)..:p

Thanks for the insight Dick.. I need to give you a buzz one of these days and really pick your brain on that. I'm a curious guy that likes to understand how people think and I'm not afraid to ask questions:) I sometimes can be blunt or not PC enough. Hey, what's a ole' country boy to do?

Now as far as you commentating. You have a lot more hours under the belt then Artie does. Even though he has had only 2 matches he's commentated on, in his life, he's apparently already a expert on it, so if you're nice, he may give you some pointers on how to do it right.:rolleyes:

See below... so in due time, we can all critique Mr. Bodendorfer on his commentating skills. (I may do Artie a favor, and strip all the audio out except his voice and send him that file... I mean, really... who really needs the other guy?:eek:)

[Here's a little insider tip. Pssst... Don't tell anyone, but I have it on good authority that I, I mean someone here, saved a whole bunch of the Onepocket US Open matches and I'm, I mean he's, currently in the process of editing them and uploading them as we speak]

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
SJDinPHX said:

I really can't say how pleased I am to hear you're playing again. Good luck this weekend.

ironman

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

Thanks Gregster,

I guess I sounded a little dramatic in my last post...Sure, I'll have fun being around the guy's But I still wish I could still really mix it up, and play well.
But I am learning to be a realist...(it sucks)

Even when I was playing my best, I was able to laugh when I missed an easy shot, or lost the cue ball. I found this to be more disconcerting to my opponent,
than throwing a hissy fit.

Also, its a lot different when you know you will probably overcome an error, on the next shot, or the next game...Thats an option I no longer have,...I still laugh at myself. (out of habit I guess), but I find myself laughing a lot more these days)..:eek:

I accept the fact that I will never play well again, and just stumble around, and do the best I can...To say its fun though, would be quite a stretch...And "Father Time" could give a sh*t less, the old bastard...:eek:

El Duck <---May not make the cut...Sure hopes he don't have to play Lenny..:D

...It is a DCT event, so they will be streaming it, starting at noon on Sat 6/18...www.desertclassictour.com

hey Dick,
Father time is a real Bastard. i'm not all the way over the hill quite yet, but hanging on to the edge. it ain't the fun to me it once was either. When it goes well, it's fun! When I struggle and more often than not, ti is not, well you know the answer to that.
hell, go have some fun and let em whistle. After all these years and balls made, you have nothing to prove. have a ball!
lewis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
ironman said:
hey Dick,
Father time is a real Bastard. i'm not all the way over the hill quite yet, but hanging on to the edge. it ain't the fun to me it once was either. When it goes well, it's fun! When I struggle and more often than not, ti is not, well you know the answer to that.
hell, go have some fun and let em whistle. After all these years and balls made, you have nothing to prove. have a ball!
lewis

The only answer that I can sayand realy still feel good about is that we are still her.

And we still get too see meny different things happining in lifev and in the world.

All sports thier is always a new winner and different people. And twe love our sports fun and plaeures.

And we cab still emjoy a great meal or a nice cold drink. And when we see a old friend or relative .

We light up with joy and a great feeling. That all the people that we have known in our life are still her with us.

And even though most off them are gone. Thier are still some left . To talk about the good omd days.

And if some off the good old friends were still her with us today. From yesterday.

What a great day it would be too look at them in the face and see what made them special with us. And howe much we enjoyed them.

And the things we did together and laugh and talk about.

Thier is no greater plasure in the world then people. Because if we would be the only one in the world.

What a lonly and empty place it would be. But thier are millions off us all over the world. In all walks off life.

Everyone different yet in one way we are all one human being.

WE wake up in the morning with ore acks and pains. THinking about what today will bring.

Looking at ourselves in the mirror knoweing that we are the same person long ago.

But time has taken a toll on our body and face and even they way we move around.

LIfe has less meaning and we dont get as excited as we use too about what happines in our life.

Time made a big difference and change in our life . And when I think about what has happened and what will be.

I realize we are still the same person. But time has changed us in all kinds off different ways. Our wants and desires are different too.

And some times its just good too be left alone. And just enjoy a peacefull day. Realizing howe lucky we are too still be her.

And a nice nap or a drive in youre car. Just driving around and looking at the people and all the different cars and houses and nabor hoods.

And I see that people today are a lot just like we were. And then I turn on the rasio. And listen to the music.

And I am thankfull for still being able too do these things. And if I am hungery I can pull into a fast food place or a restaurant. And enjoy a nice meal.

THat I have been thinking about. And its the simple things in life that give us the greatestb pleasures.

And the days and houers go by fast. And you wonder were has all the time gone.

And howe great would it be too still see our parents just one more day.

BUt all we have is her and nowe. And we live for today. Not tommarow. And I think off fayhers day and what it realy is and whart it means too us. And our familys and friends .

And those great grans kids and the big smiles and laughter. THat makes us feel alive.

And that life is worth living no matter how we think or feel. WE owe it too ouselves too keep going and enjoying our life as long as we can.

And only we can do that for ourselves and take care off the person who we are.

WE care and love oursefls. And we have a life long Job. Takeing care off ourselves and our body.

So we can go on ass long as time lets us.

Our Journey has not been short and we have seen and did a lot. And as long as we keep living.

Time will guide us through life. And thats why we are all her together. Too live our life.

And we can live it any way we want too. THe only person we have to answer too is ourselves and our cteator.

And if you are with youre family on fathers day. Take a picture off whoever you are with.

And realy enjoy everyones company. And the important thing. For youand them.

Is tell them howe much you care and love them. Dont take it for granted. Tell them they need to her it from you.

And you will feel closer too them then you have ever before. Because without love we have nothing.

WE are just a body with no meaning. And the people we care about should no exacly howe we feel.

WE may be old. But we didnt get old by being stupite. HAve a great and beautifull summer day.

And let the sun light up youre life.

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...pick Me...pick Me...

...pick Me...pick Me...

...I'm picking myself for the $2,500 match-up if it's with Ronnie Allen and He gives me the same 12 to close that He gave me the first time I played One Pocket in 1964.....:eek: