another nick and efren

SE10player

when are we getting back to this I would love to see what happens next. I think I have learned more from this than from weeks of practice. Thanks guys.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SE10player said:
when are we getting back to this I would love to see what happens next. I think I have learned more from this than from weeks of practice. Thanks guys.

This would be a good safety. If the 6 ball goes in it's even better, but I'd be playing the CB all the way.;)
Being a gofer I'd probably bank the ball (11ball?) that I boxed in.:D
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
This would be a good safety. If the 6 ball goes in it's even better, but I'd be playing the CB all the way.;)
Being a gofer I'd probably bank the ball (11ball?) that I boxed in.:D
Rod.
Shooting off the 6 ball looks to be the only reasonable shot. But how you control the cue ball is the question. You can shoot the shot that Rodney drew up, by rolling to the side rail or you can elevate and draw the cue ball sending the 6 ball two cushions toward your side. That shot is not as difficult as it appears providing you strike it reasonably well. With that shot you could possibly draw the cue ball two cushions toward the 15 ball, the ball that Rodney boxed. If you can do that your chances of winning sky rockets.
Or you can send the cue ball up table off the 6 ball and play passively. With this shot you figure to come back to the table with a more aggressive option.

My choice would be to draw the cue ball off the 6 ball, but that shot may not be right for others.

Billy I.

SE10player

I like going off the ball in box too, I think it maybe the 15 and sending it 2 rails back into the 9 if i can miss the 2 and leaving the cueball over by the two. That way I have a chance of making something happen, the 9 mite make the 10 off the after hitting the 11 or it miite get close to the hole itself with a little luck. But I'm still new at this game so your shot off the 6 may e a wiser shot.

SE10player

I like Bill's shot of drawing it off the 6 but not sure I can, I'll have to set it up and try it some.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I love the shot, but I would think right english and no significant top -- to try to kill the cue ball there. As I see it, high left would become running english if the cue ball hits side rail first after hitting the 10-ball...

I dont think you understand what I am doing. And you need hig left had english.

The only way you can see and understand it . Is too showe the resulte what happins . This is not a ordinary shot. This is a real strong shot that moves tree balls.

And you have them all going too youre pocket. But the shot has too be layed out . To reay see and appriciate howe strong iy is.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Shooting off the 6 ball looks to be the only reasonable shot. But how you control the cue ball is the question. You can shoot the shot that Rodney drew up, by rolling to the side rail or you can elevate and draw the cue ball sending the 6 ball two cushions toward your side. That shot is not as difficult as it appears providing you strike it reasonably well. With that shot you could possibly draw the cue ball two cushions toward the 15 ball, the ball that Rodney boxed. If you can do that your chances of winning sky rockets.
Or you can send the cue ball up table off the 6 ball and play passively. With this shot you figure to come back to the table with a more aggressive option.

My choice would be to draw the cue ball off the 6 ball, but that shot may not be right for others.

Billy I.

I would shoot the 6 ball and leave the cueball were he cant bank back the ball back too his side. I would not draw it and bring it too the bottom rail.

Because off the shots you could leave. And if you would show a picture off were the cue ball will be you would see what I am saying.

But unless these shots are not shown when they are completet you can not see what can happen.

And I dont cars howe good somebody shoots. Doing something a little different. Doesnt always end up were we think the cue ball will end up.

But the 6 ball is a good shot. Thier is another strong shot. But I try too make it as easy and as simple as posable . That way its hard too make a mistake..

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I would shoot the 6 ball and leave the cueball were he cant bank back the ball back too his side. I would not draw it and bring it too the bottom rail.

Because off the shots you could leave. And if you would show a picture off were the cue ball will be you would see what I am saying.

But unless these shots are not shown when they are completet you can not see what can happen.

And I dont cars howe good somebody shoots. Doing something a little different. Doesnt always end up were we think the cue ball will end up.

But the 6 ball is a good shot. Thier is another strong shot. But I try too make it as easy and as simple as posable . That way its hard too make a mistake..
The way you choose to play off the 6 ball is a good option providing you end up low enough not to leave a return kick on the 4 ball. That's one of the reasons I would consider drawing off the 6 ball. Plus by drawing off the 6 ball you reposition the 6 on your side. Considering the position of the cue ball in relation to the 6 and 8 balls you figure to end up higher than the tangent line off the 6 ball suggest. The angle going into the 6 ball will send the cue ball above the tangent line off the 6 ball by the time it hits the side rail.

I do understand the possibility of leaving a return shot by drawing off the 6 ball, but the area of concern is so small it's not a concern for me. Your up side is clearly a fair trade off to not be concerned with leaving a return shot. Plus your margin for error is great with drawing the ball. Not much that can go wrong with that shot.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
The way you choose to play off the 6 ball is a good option providing you end up low enough not to leave a return kick on the 4 ball. That's one of the reasons I would consider drawing off the 6 ball. Plus by drawing off the 6 ball you reposition the 6 on your side. Considering the position of the cue ball in relation to the 6 and 8 balls you figure to end up higher than the tangent line off the 6 ball suggest. The angle going into the 6 ball will send the cue ball above the tangent line off the 6 ball by the time it hits the side rail.

I do understand the possibility of leaving a return shot by drawing off the 6 ball, but the area of concern is so small it's not a concern for me. Your up side is clearly a fair trade off to not be concerned with leaving a return shot. Plus your margin for error is great with drawing the ball. Not much that can go wrong with that shot.

Billy I.

The angale is prety good off the 6 ball and a little wright hand english will put the cue ball were he cant kick at the 4 ball.

I dont understand why and were are you drawing the cue ball too. I dot understand why are you drawing the cueball. Too get were?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm with Billy. I can't imagine anything better than playing off the 6 and leaving the CB on the short rail next to the ball in the box. Not really a difficult shot to execute, and you don't leave many options for the incoming player. I would be afraid he might find something wicked to do to me, if I left the ball out in the open.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
The angale is prety good off the 6 ball and a little wright hand english will put the cue ball were he cant kick at the 4 ball.

I dont understand why and were are you drawing the cue ball too. I dot understand why are you drawing the cueball. Too get were?

Were are you going too leave the cue ball were the arrow showes? And drawing the ball off the rail like that is not always easy. And the cue ball can get away.

But were is the cue ball going too stop. By were the arrow is? Or is the cueball suppose too be further down.

Because you said you are ging to draw the cueball.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Were are you going too leave the cue ball were the arrow showes? And drawing the ball off the rail like that is not always easy. And the cue ball can get away.

But were is the cue ball going too stop. By were the arrow is? Or is the cueball suppose too be further down.

Because you said you are ging to draw the cueball.
I will attempt to draw the cue ball to the side rail and then down to the foot rail. But If I fall short I still will be ok. If I happen to end up on the foot rail I have put my opponent in a big trap.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I will attempt to draw the cue ball to the side rail and then down to the foot rail. But If I fall short I still will be ok. If I happen to end up on the foot rail I have put my opponent in a big trap.

Billy I.[/QUOTe

I dont no were you are trying to get the cueball. I gont think its by the arrow.

And I go by the bottom rail or the side rail.

The foot off the table wereever that is I never herd off it when I played pool.

And I dont no what it is nowe. Why do they call something the foot rail?

It doesnt make any sense too me. Why they call it the foot rail. BUt I guess its ok if thats what the use and call it.

But can you desctibe were you want the cue ball to be. I cant answer something id I dont no were the cue ball is going too be.

Thats howe I answer to the shot were the cue ball is. And then it will be very clear. for me too see. if its a good shot or noy.

Thats why I asket were the arrow is . Because then I can go from thier.

But I have too have a position wetre the cue ball will be. To answer the shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
wincardona said:

Billy I.[/QUOTe

I dont no were you are trying to get the cueball. I gont think its by the arrow.

And I go by the bottom rail or the side rail.

The foot off the table wereever that is I never herd off it when I played pool.

And I dont no what it is nowe. Why do they call something the foot rail?

It doesnt make any sense too me. Why they call it the foot rail. BUt I guess its ok if thats what the use and call it.

But can you desctibe were you want the cue ball to be. I cant answer something id I dont no were the cue ball is going too be.

Thats howe I answer to the shot were the cue ball is. And then it will be very clear. for me too see. if its a good shot or noy.

Thats why I asket were the arrow is . Because then I can go from thier.

The head of the table is where you break the balls from, the head rail is the short rail that you stand over while breaking the balls.

The foot spot is where you rack the balls, the foot rail is the short rail between the two corner pockets.

The side rails are the rails on the side of the table.

I am drawing the ball off the 6 ball to the side rail and then to the foot rail by the 15 ball. If I can get the cue ball there my opponent will be in big trouble, if I fall short of that position I will be ok. This is not a tough shot and from the position shown very little can go wrong. I have shot this shot at least 10 times and have fallen on the short rail 4 of those times. The other 6 times I have ended up on or near the side rail.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer said:

Here you go fellas. ;)
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SE10player said:
I like going off the ball in box too, I think it maybe the 15 and sending it 2 rails back into the 9 if i can miss the 2 and leaving the cueball over by the two.

SE10 player, This is how I would've shot the ball in the box,:)
Half ball hit, one tip inside, spin thru to play safe,
No kiss here. Might get lucky, but it's pretty much a gofer shot.
Rod.
PS, I shoot a lot of these, they work well on the tables I play on. Not on all tables though.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Rod.
PS, I shoot a lot of these, they work well on the tables I play on. Not on all tables though.
It looks a little flat but if you can beat the kiss it looks like a strong shot.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
Here you go fellas. ;)
Rod.

Thank you now I can see whats going too happen from her. If a player can do this then thats very good. But I dont think they can do this.

Starting with the cue ball almost on the rail. If someone shoots this shot 3 times. Each time the cue ball will be in a different spot.

And this is no esay shot too execuite. Even though you think its easy.

THe more you try too do with the cue ball. The more things can go wrong.

And you would probable shoot that shot if it was youre shot.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod.

This is a exelent shot. And I cut the ball a quater ball. With left hand english and I shoot it with just a little rolle shot.

And the cue ball shold go behind the 2 ball. This is a very special shot. And it plays big importance in playing one pocket.

And thier is way more too this shot then people no. But if they havant learned it all all the things you can do from this shot. I sugjest you learn all the things you can do with this kind off shot.

It is a very important shot. And you made a very good choice.

When I see something that si strong and exelent I say it and bring it out so everyomne will look at the shot.

And learn from the shot and all the things you can do with it.

Vsr good shot androd. Exelent. This is a one pocket shot worth learning and controling the objectball and cueball.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thank you now I can see whats going too happen from her. If a player can do this then thats very good. But I dont think they can do this.

Starting with the cue ball almost on the rail. If someone shoots this shot 3 times. Each time the cue ball will be in a different spot.

And this is no esay shot too execuite. Even though you think its easy.

THe more you try too do with the cue ball. The more things can go wrong.

And you would probable shoot that shot if it was youre shot.
I agree with what you say, but this shot carries a high degree of margin for error. What I mean when I say a high degree of margin for error is that you can hit this shot bad and it's still good. But when you hit this shot good it's super strong.

I have shot this exact shot and have gotten excellent results, and it's really not a tough hit.

Playing any game we can opt to play passively, but there are times when we pass a passive shot to play a more difficult shot that carries a much higher reward. And in this case the shot off the 6 ball drawn to the bottom rail carries a big reward with little risk.

Billy I.