2011 OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship Fund

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again, to all of those who have contributed, and continue to contribute. The US Open One Pocket is coming up next week! John Brumback will be there courtesy of your contributions and I will be there to cover the event!

Steve Booth
Administrator, OnePocket.org

onepocket said:
This thread will be our official OnePocket.org player sponsorship fund thread, containing the public accounting of what we have for funds available for sponsorship support, as well as our basic guidelines for how the program will work and who we are sponsoring. I will put the accounting right here in this opening post, and continue to come back here to edit this post as the numbers go up because of contributions, and draw down when we support a player.

The donation page here on OnePocket.org is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/PlayerSponsor.htm

You can contribute via Paypal, credit/debit card or you can mail a check.

I will cover the Paypal fees on this end (I do not believe there are any fees on the contributor end), so what you contribute will show up here in full.

Because Paypal/credit card and check payments are shown in your real name, please be sure to indicate either your screen name or "anonymous" if you do not want me to list your real name here in the accounting.

Best of luck to our first sponsored player, John Brumback, in the US Open One Pocket tournament!

Funds received to date:
Entry to 2011 US Open One Pocket donated by raffle winner Deeman

Entry fee value: 340
Steve Booth: 100
Tom Suarez: 100
lll: 100
Deeman: 50
wgcp: 100
Anonymous1: 200
Dick McMorran: 100
California Billiard Club: 50
Cary: 50
Weatherman: 50
BankshotBob: 50
gbru: 50
Roy Stephensen: 50
1pocketpro: 50
Timothy Cahill: 50
Dustin Miller: 50
wincardona: 100
3railkick: 50
Craig White: 50

Total: 1740.00

Applied to sponsored player John Brumback to date:
Committed to hotel 5 nights: 222.50 (half the actual cost, since John will be sharing the room with me)
Round trip airfare paid: 422.50
Entry fee US Open One Pocket: 340.00

Total paid/committed: 985.00

Balance remaining: 755.00

Thank you all for your support!!

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Dcc?

Dcc?

John Brumback said:
I
Wonder who's gonna get to go next year?? This Is a great thing you all have got going.

I think the next sponsored player should be for the DCC. Due to the success and speed with which John was able to be sponsored, I don't see any reason why, given the time between the two tournaments, there can't be a sponsored player for both. I think we should start voting for a player to go to DCC now and get it locked up. What do you guys think?

PS...For the naysayers who have noticed that since I brought the idea up and haven't contributed yet, I say this, as John said times are tight and I just had a move, but I will be contributing to the fund asap. Not to worry.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
DWS said:
I think the next sponsored player should be for the DCC. Due to the success and speed with which John was able to be sponsored, I don't see any reason why, given the time between the two tournaments, there can't be a sponsored player for both. I think we should start voting for a player to go to DCC now and get it locked up. What do you guys think?

PS...For the naysayers who have noticed that since I brought the idea up and haven't contributed yet, I say this, as John said times are tight and I just had a move, but I will be contributing to the fund asap. Not to worry.

Don't get paranoid about it. I haven't seen naysayers here too much. They are laid back and lennient toward people with new ideas. I think they had some leftover anyways. Now that you mention it though-Why The Hell didn't you contribute something already??? Ya tight nitting mulla phu___-r. No I'm just teasing about that. I didn't donate anything yet myself..........peace

SE10player

Being new to One pocket and the site I think this is great. I hope John plays his best win or lose. I was wondering one thing though will he have on a shirt with OnePocket.org on it for the tournament. That is something that would be nice for the person the site sends. Also, along with a player (if the money allows it) you may want to try and send someone who otherwise wouldn't be able to go so they can watch the greatest game in person. Just an idea.

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
you're right

you're right

Jimmy B said:
Don't get paranoid about it. I haven't seen naysayers here too much. They are laid back and lennient toward people with new ideas. I think they had some leftover anyways. Now that you mention it though-Why The Hell didn't you contribute something already??? Ya tight nitting mulla phu___-r. No I'm just teasing about that. I didn't donate anything yet myself..........peace

your'e right, but is it paranoia or guilt?

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
SE10player said:
... I was wondering one thing though will he have on a shirt with OnePocket.org on it for the tournament. That is something that would be nice for the person the site sends.

We need to make sure it's the polo version so that it meets the dress code.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cary said:
We need to make sure it's the polo version so that it meets the dress code.
I got John a couple of polo shirts in black -- long and short sleeve -- so he'll be all set no matter what the conditions. Maybe a hat, too, if I can get it in time...

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
NH Steve said:
I got John a couple of polo shirts in black -- long and short sleeve -- so he'll be all set no matter what the conditions. Maybe a hat, too, if I can get it in time...

Maybe some boxers too?

Can't ever have enough advertising, and I think John would be comfortable in these.:D

johnonepocketorg.jpg

John Brumback

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
Maybe some boxers too?

Can't ever have enough advertising, and I think John would be comfortable in these.:D

View attachment 2973

Hehe, Hey dog,what up? Boy I was skinny back then!! Hey Greg,you sob.
I'm sending you out a bunch of crap today.To your office.
Thanks alot ole buddy.I'll get ya back.

PS: I'm already In the DCC (free for life for winning the all around)
But I'll be glad and proud to be a player rep for OnePocket.org at every dcc.
Thanks everyone for all that you have done!!!! John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Do not forget..

Do not forget..

John Brumback said:
Hehe, Hey dog,what up? Boy I was skinny back then!! Hey Greg,you sob.
I'm sending you out a bunch of crap today.To your office.
Thanks alot ole buddy.I'll get ya back.

PS: I'm already In the DCC (free for life for winning the all around)
But I'll be glad and proud to be a player rep for OnePocket.org at every dcc.
Thanks everyone for all that you have done!!!! John B.

..to put on the old Beard's shirts once in a while. I will certainly be watching.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
..to put on the old Beard's shirts once in a while. I will certainly be watching.

Beard

Yes Sir Mr. Beard.
The only problem I have Is that I only have one of yours that has a collar.
And it has short sleeves. You got any long sleeves with a collar? I really do ware um when I can. I get cold easy,and with long sleeves I can push em up
If need be.I love pushing Banks and Onepocket.Thanks for the ones I got,too.
John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Aint got none yet...

Aint got none yet...

John Brumback said:
Yes Sir Mr. Beard.
The only problem I have Is that I only have one of yours that has a collar.
And it has short sleeves. You got any long sleeves with a collar? I really do ware um when I can. I get cold easy,and with long sleeves I can push em up
If need be.I love pushing Banks and Onepocket.Thanks for the ones I got,too.
John B.

No long sleeves with a collar yet, John. If I could make a suggestion, wear the short sleeve with the collar and put one of my long sleeve collarless shirts over it.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
No long sleeves with a collar yet, John. If I could make a suggestion, wear the short sleeve with the collar and put one of my long sleeve collarless shirts over it.

Beard

Well good Idea!! I've never thought of that,duh. I will do that.Thanks,JB

Deeman

Verified Member
John,

The only thing I asked in donating the spot was that the player wear a onepocket.org shirt to give our site some credit. you may not know, but I also said if it was a pro, he could, of course, wear any of his own sponsor patches, etc.

Again, thanks for playing in my place :) and for representing us. We are all so proud to have you play for all of us! Again, just enjoy the experience and, for once, not have to worry about the "nut" on this one. Also, thanks to everyone for kicking in expenses, it will make all of us who can't be there feel we are there in spirit.

DeeMan

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Deeman said:
John,

The only thing I asked in donating the spot was that the player wear a onepocket.org shirt to give our site some credit. you may not know, but I also said if it was a pro, he could, of course, wear any of his own sponsor patches, etc.

Again, thanks for playing in my place :) and for representing us. We are all so proud to have you play for all of us! Again, just enjoy the experience and, for once, not have to worry about the "nut" on this one. Also, thanks to everyone for kicking in expenses, it will make all of us who can't be there feel we are there in spirit.

DeeMan
Deeman, PM me your mailing address and shirt size -- if I have one the right size I would be happy to send you one too -- you've earned it!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
John Brumback finished in the money (17-24th) and decided to give back half of what he won, so that adds another $150 back into the fund. Thank you John!!