Pocket Caroms

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Similar to billiards, but both players use the same cue ball.

This game will definitely improve your one pocket game and whenever your trying to protect whitey.

To score each carom point, cue ball must carom off a ball and pocket another called ball in a called pocket.
Scratches don’t count against you. If you make a pocket carom and scratch you don’t lose a point BUT shooter doesn’t get the point. Race to 10
All balls down.
Cue ball shot from the kitchen on the break or any scratch.
Alternate the breaks.
Make ball on the break (no score) breaker gets first carom shot. If you make a carom (score one point) player continues until a miss/scratch/foul then it’s your opponent’s turn.
Other object balls made during a pocket carom, or pocket carom attempt, stay down and don’t count for or against you.
Double kiss and object ball and pocket another called ball into a called pocket is legal.

This game is NOT for beginners it’s too difficult.
This game forces the player to work with cue ball speed and especially the vertical middle of the cue ball to gain a feel of cue ball release.
I showed/played this game with Henderson and Almanza.
If you can run 3 points, that is REAL difficult, personally my high run is 4 and I’ve only done it twice.
You won’t be sitting down at all during play because you’ll miss 95% of the time.
You’ll find your stance/balance have to be perfect on EVERY shot to increase pocketing percentages.
This game is all about cue ball speed and release, pretty simple eh :)
Anyone that can run 5 caroms …. PM me. I expect no one to PM me.
Carom pockets will improve all your games and is a vital part of all rotation games if you want to run out. It will reboot your thinking, for sure.
I probably forgot a small detail, PM me if you need help.

Last edited:

SE10player

I played a game similar to that with one of the older gentlemen that came into the hall years ago but in his version you could bank or carom 1 point for a bank and 2 for a carom. It was a lot fun and helped my 9-ball game a lot.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Mahalo. Reminds me of Bottle Pool. Not Pea Pool. It is played with the pill bootle standing upside down in the middle of the table without any peas involved at all. From then on, you stand it up right where it lands. You can score with Caroms, in-offs, knocking over the bottle on a carom and other ways. Lots of shots score by more than one part. That is, you can have a carom, a made ball (as in your game) and knock over the bottle all in one shot. Haven't played it since I was a kid. It was probably indspired by English Billiards which was similar and older.

P.S. I wrote the above before I saw your private profile and was under the mistaken impression that you were from Hawaii. Sorry.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
petie said:
Mahalo. Reminds me of Bottle Pool. Not Pea Pool. It is played with the pill bootle standing upside down in the middle of the table without any peas involved at all. From then on, you stand it up right where it lands. You can score with Caroms, in-offs, knocking over the bottle on a carom and other ways. Lots of shots score by more than one part. That is, you can have a carom, a made ball (as in your game) and knock over the bottle all in one shot. Haven't played it since I was a kid. It was probably indspired by English Billiards which was similar and older.

P.S. I wrote the above before I saw your private profile and was under the mistaken impression that you were from Hawaii. Sorry.
We used to play that game. Bottle started out in middle of table. Each player put a quarter on the bottle. The quarter could stand for any amount agreed upon. Ob on foot spot cb in kitchen. Knock them off and win the dough, except if any of them went into a pocket. Every miss and you had to ante up. When someone finally wins the pot the balls stay where they stopped and the shooter keeps shooting. Pretty fun game.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
blackeee said:
We used to play that game. Bottle started out in middle of table. Each player put a quarter on the bottle. The quarter could stand for any amount agreed upon. Ob on foot spot cb in kitchen. Knock them off and win the dough, except if any of them went into a pocket. Every miss and you had to ante up. When someone finally wins the pot the balls stay where they stopped and the shooter keeps shooting. Pretty fun game.

Play some 13 ball for some decent money. Rack all 15 but put the 13 where the 8 goes in the middle. Then shoot the ball closest to the cue ball every time. All you need is a tape measure to settle disputes which you rarely need. Game sounds simple. Probably is for pros, but watch the frustrations mount for b players or less. You will learn how to take care of whitey or go bust. A fast and loose one.............