Gabe Owen vs. Alex Pagulayan 2010 D.C.C.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 1 and Gabe is up 1-0 in balls. What would you shoot from here?

View attachment 2788

View attachment 2789

I would bank the 14 ball and then cut the 3 ball in for position on the ten ball. I would draw the cue ball back a littlle were my oponent couldnt bank the ten ball banking the 14 ball.

And breack the stack with the ten ball. The 14 ball is the correct shot from her if its Gabs shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
It would be nice to know whose shot it is...Doorknob...:p
One mistake in 2 1/2 years and I'm a doorknob? It's Gabes shot Duckbreath.

P.S. Would you please stop calling me. I will not loan you $10,000 so you can stake RA against AB.

RBL

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 1 and Gabe is up 1-0 in balls. It's Gabes shot. What would you shoot from here?

View attachment 2788

View attachment 2789
I would bank the 14 ball pocket speed, if I make the 14 ball I would two rail the 1 ball and stick there. This to me is a grinding position and I would like to have the first move. By banking the 14 ball pocket speed I will keep control of the position.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
I would bank the 10 ball pocket speed, if I make the 10 ball I would two rail the 1 ball and stick there. This to me is a grinding position and I would like to have the first move. By banking the 10 ball pocket speed I will keep control of the position.

Billy I.

There's another option, and that would be to bank the 14 ball sending the cue ball into the 1 ball playing position for the 10 ball then position for the 7 ball and possibly the 1 ball or 3 ball. This is a little aggressive but top players have the ability to control the cue ball well enough to pull it off.

It looks as if the angle is right for this shot, even if you miss the 14 ball bank your opponent must defend against the missed bank. But if you make the bank you can possibly get some balls.

This shot can also be executed in this fashion. Bank the 14 ball and play the cue ball toward the short side of the 1 ball, if you make the bank you will have a shot on the 10 ball with position to drop on the 7 ball. If you miss the 14 ball bank your opponent will have to defend against the missed bank. This to me is a very strong shot and I wouldn't hesitate in shooting it. The more I look at this position the more I like this shot over any other.

Billy I.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I can't imagine doing anything other than banking the 14 ball here :confused: but since you posted this up, I'm thinking that hard as it is to believe, maybe Gabe did something else.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
I can't imagine doing anything other than banking the 14 ball here :confused: but since you posted this up, I'm thinking that hard as it is to believe, maybe Gabe did something else.

- Ghost
Ghosty, I agree, but contrary to popular opinion Gabe ain't much of a one-pocket player.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
I would bank the 14 ball pocket speed, if I make the 14 ball I would two rail the 1 ball and stick there. This to me is a grinding position and I would like to have the first move. By banking the 10 ball pocket speed I will keep control of the position.

Billy I.
What????

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

P.S. Would you please stop calling me. I will not loan you $10,000 so you can stake RA against AB.

RBL[/QUOTE

If I beat Ronie Allien Califonia would burn down. What Do I get 8 to 6 or 9 to 7. I would even take the goast for a partner against John and SJD if we get 9 too 7.

I realy dont no how the goast playes but I no out off all 4 off us I am the weekest banker and shooter.

But I need a spot from Ronnie only because his confedence is way up. But SJD something should get stired up pretty soon. May 12 will be her before you no it.

I have been sick as a dog in bed 4 days straight with the flue. I am lucky I get one every spring. And I take a asprine every day. I dont no if it helps or whwt it does.

But its better then a blood thinner. But Something will happen. I will even take Billy against John and SJD. Its not for sure tell Billy and You and John agrees.

And I guess we would have too play that game without coaching. But Billy mite be on the disabled list. Then I can take the Chicago Goast.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
What????

Dennis
What is it that you don't understand? I would bank the 14 ball and play position for the 1 ball two cushions to my pocket. Try to envision what i'm saying, it's really not that hard to envision. Or a top player may do what I said in my following post.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Cowboy Dennis said:

RBL[/QUOTE

If I beat Ronie Allien Califonia would burn down. What Do I get 8 to 6 or 9 to 7. I would even take the goast for a partner against John and SJD if we get 9 too 7.

I realy dont no how the goast playes but I no out off all 4 off us I am the weekest banker and shooter.

But I need a spot from Ronnie only because his confedence is way up. But SJD something should get stired up pretty soon. May 12 will be her before you no it.

I have been sick as a dog in bed 4 days straight with the flue. I am lucky I get one every spring. And I take a asprine every day. I dont no if it helps or whwt it does.

But its better then a blood thinner. But Something will happen. I will even take Billy against John and SJD. Its not for sure tell Billy and You and John agrees.

And I guess we would have too play that game without coaching. But Billy mite be on the disabled list. Then I can take the Chicago Goast.
Artie,

You do realize don't you, that my post regarding SJD asking me for $10,000 to stake RA against you was just a JOKE, don't you?

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
What is it that you don't understand? I would bank the 14 ball and play position for the 1 ball two cushions to my pocket. Try to envision what i'm saying, it's really not that hard to envision. Or a top player may do what I said in my following post.

Billy I.
What I didn't understand, as you know, is how you would be banking the 10 ball which you so keenly edited out of your post at 1:12 a.m.:eek: .

You ain't talking to no hooplehead Bill.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
What I didn't understand, as you know, is how you would be banking the 10 ball which you so keenly edited out of your post at 1:12 a.m.:eek: .

You ain't talking to no hooplehead Bill.

Dennis
I'm 67 years old and i'm entitled to make mistakes of that kind. But Mr hooplehead I would of thought that you could of figured out what I meant.

My 2nd. option about banking the 14 ball and playing position for the 10 ball is the better option for the reasons I described in my post. Go back and read the revised edition.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Artie,

You do realize don't you, that my post regarding SJD asking me for $10,000 to stake RA against you was just a JOKE, don't you?

Dennis

I think the game would be injoyable. Even a partner game Ronnie and me against. dippy and carl. Two onepocket players against too pooker players.

And Dippy would have the best shooter by far.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
I'm 67 years old and i'm entitled to make mistakes of that kind. But Mr hooplehead I would of thought that you could of figured out what I meant.

My 2nd. option about banking the 14 ball and playing position for the 10 ball is the better option for the reasons I described in my post. Go back and read the revised edition.

Billy I.
Bill,

Between AB's convoluted posts, the drunken ramblings of the Duck and the sheer idiocy of the posts from Chicago (not the Ghost) I have given up trying to interpret the mis-written posts of the people here. I take them as they are written from now on and if they are not properly written I will question them. I will not try to interpret what anybody meant in their posts. I will go by what they wrote and comment on that. Anybody can feel free to call me out on the same thing.

P.S. Yes, you do get some slack for being 67 and knowing AB & FB:D .

Cowboy "Mr. Hooplehead" Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

Between AB's convoluted posts, the drunken ramblings of the Duck and the sheer idiocy of the posts from Chicago (not the Ghost) I have given up trying to interpret the mis-written posts of the people here. I take them as they are written from now on and if they are not properly written I will question them. I will not try to interpret what anybody meant in their posts. I will go by what they wrote and comment on that. Anybody can feel free to call me out on the same thing.

P.S. Yes, you do get some slack for being 67 and knowing AB & FB:D .

Cowboy "Mr. Hooplehead" Dennis
All I can say Mr. HH is if you're not going to try to decipher post's the way they are written, you're going to need a bottle of Tylonol for your headache.

Dr. Bill

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Cowboy Dennis said:
I think the game would be injoyable. Even a partner game Ronnie and me against. dippy and carl. Two onepocket players against too pooker players.

And Dippy would have the best shooter by far.[/QUOTE

I thought SJD gave Ronnie your ten thousand to bet ion the pool game. But he had a hot horse and couldnt help himself.

The horse run second and played 38 dollaers too place. Another tough beat.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
All I can say Mr. HH is if you're not going to try to decipher post's the way they are written, you're going to need a bottle of Tylonol for your headache.

Dr. Bill
Bill,

Well written posts don't need to be deciphered, they only need to be read. I always understand well written posts, I just see so few of them.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Cowboy Dennis said:

And Dippy would have the best shooter by far.[/QUOTE

I thought SJD gave Ronnie your ten thousand to bet ion the pool game. But he had a hot horse and couldnt help himself.

The horse run second and played 38 dollaers too place. Another tough beat.
Yeah Artie, that RA is always looking to snap me off:p .

Dennis