Who R dey?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I finally got access to some pics of a few players that there are very few pics for.
Those that know these guys personally, please dont give it up right away.
Let some guesses come forth.

Beard

Attachments

• scan550001.JPG
    scan550001.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
  • mexican johnny.JPG
    mexican johnny.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Bananas.JPG
    Bananas.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 1
  • geo michaels (600 x 399).jpg
    geo michaels (600 x 399).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
the last one appears to be Cole Dixon's Dad.

The 3rd one appears to be Squiggy of LaVerne and Shirley
Bananas.JPG

squiggy.jpg

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Freddy.....Obviously I know who the guy on the right in the last pic is, having known him for 40 years (I won't tell as you asked)...that said...for something slightly different...and this I don't know, I'm just guessing...

I contend that the guy in the left in that last pic who's hiding his face, just judging by his height, hands, sport coat, and the top of his head, is Danny D...anybody agree?

- Ghost

PS, And before anybody can say it - it's not Cole Dixon...;)

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Do not know picture # 1 (but he sure looks familiar)----#2 is Mex. Johnny...#3 is Bananas (Rodriguez) #4 is George Michaels..:p

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
That had to be cheating, Bruce

That had to be cheating, Bruce

One Pocket Ghost said:
Freddy.....Obviously I know who the guy on the right in the last pic is, having known him for 40 years (I won't tell as you asked)...that said...for something slightly different...and this I don't know, I'm just guessing...

I contend that the guy in the left in that last pic who's hiding his face, just judging by his height, hands, sport coat, and the top of his head, is Danny D...anybody agree?

- Ghost

PS, And before anybody can say it - it's not Cole Dixon...;)

A futher hint.

Beard

Attachments

• danny d (600 x 399).jpg
    danny d (600 x 399).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
The first picture if I remember correctly, is Kilroy... Saw the picture somewhere in the last couple of weeks....

I didn't know squiggly played pool...

Bille

Eric.

fred bentivegna said:
I finally got access to some pics of a few players that there are very few pics for.

Beard

The last picture, the guy on the left...

I believe he might be related to "The Unknown Comic".

Eric >just sayin

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
fred bentivegna said:
That had to be cheating, Bruce.

Beard

Hey, I didn't cheat! - unless you want to call this cheating: well, not to knock Danny's wardrobe choices/limitations :eek: but...I have seen him wear that same tan sportcoat about a dozen times at misc. pool tournaments/functions...;)

- Ghost

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Shirt too.

Shirt too.

One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey, I didn't cheat! - unless you want to call this cheating: well, not to knock Danny's wardrobe choices/limitations :eek: but...I have seen him wear that same tan sportcoat about a dozen times at misc. pool tournaments/functions...;)

- Ghost

I have also seen the shirt a few times also.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
On my basement wall!

On my basement wall!

wgcp said:
The first picture if I remember correctly, is Kilroy... Saw the picture somewhere in the last couple of weeks....

I didn't know squiggly played pool...

Bille

I had it up on my basement wall, Bille. But yes, it is Roy Kilroy Kosmanski of Dinty Moore's in Miami and the Rack in Detroit. He was Bunny Rogoff's road partner for a long time.

Beard

Everybody else has been fingered. The guy with the big head is Big Head Mexican Johnny Vasquez. That is the only known pic of Johnny that I have ever seen. Frank Bananas Rodriguez was squiggy. Also a very rare pic.

bstroud

Verified Member
I must be old.

I knew all these guys.

I miss Killer the most. He and Bunny were a pair!

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Mexican Johny reminds me off that great Pitcher. Vinezwayla from the Dogers. I hope that was the team.

I sure spent a lot off time Hustling with Johny. And he would never bet his horse money too play pool.

WE would go too some good mexican restaurants too eat. And the hoter the food the better Johny liket it.

We were real close. Its a shame he left Chicago. And his trade mark was raping up his one peace cue with newspaper.

Joe spath played with a one peace house cue too. Pool will realy miss those players.

They were the real deal.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Mexican Johny reminds me off that great Pitcher. Vinezwayla from the Dogers. I hope that was the team.

I sure spent a lot off time Hustling with Johny. And he would never bet his horse money too play pool.

WE would go too some good mexican restaurants too eat. And the hoter the food the better Johny liket it.

We were real close. Its a shame he left Chicago. And his trade mark was raping up his one peace cue with newspaper.

Joe spath played with a one peace house cue too. Pool will realy miss those players.

They were the real deal.

Baseballs been good to me.

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
In order...

In order...

wgcp said:
The third picture is who?

Sure looks like a guy I played recently...

Roy Killer Kilroy Kosmanski, Mexican Johnny Vasquez, Frank Bananas Rodriquez, and George Michaels, with the guy hiding behind the program, Danny DiLiberto.

Beard