who would you want as a coach if your life was on the line?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Well now Freddy, you know he couldn't pick you - or me......because...

...there would be countless times in important games where he would be ahead 7-3 or 6-1, or similar to that, with balls dangerously still down-table, and we would be correctly telling him he has to 'play the score' and send balls up-table - but he won't want to listen to us and do that - he'll want to shoot a straight back bank instead, bringing another ball back down-table if he misses, and thus, significantly increasing his opponents chance of coming back and winning the game....as we've seen him do many times...
But you forgot to add the end of the story..you know.. after he lost the game he would rack the balls and win the next several games, and then he would possibly get bored with the game and challenge himself again. But instead of his opponent winning that game he would try to put Reyes in a trap, only to find himself in one, a shot later.:sorry:lol:p:)

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
But you forgot to add the end of the story..you know.. after he lost the game he would rack the balls and win the next several games, and then he would possibly get bored with the game and challenge himself again. p:)

Dr. Bill

wrong answer.jpg

Billy, Billy, your wrong once again...on the contrary, the times that I was thinking of - after
shooting that not-playing-the-score-shot, Efren lost the race..:heh...

I'll bet $1,000 that I can show two examples of that..:eek:...would you like that action?...:)

- Gh:hehst

onepockethacker

Verified Member
View attachment 5607

Billy, Billy, your wrong once again...on the contrary, the times that I was thinking of - after

I'll bet $1,000 that I can show two examples of that..:eek:...would you like that action?...:)

What you guys fail to or unable to comprehend is that same aggressive shot selection that you criticize is also what made him BY FAR the most dominant one pocket player EVER.. are you and Freddy really going to question Efrens decisions. Thats his style and I would say it worked pretty well for his career(understatement of all time) Efrens style and his execution made his opponents shit all over themselves for 25 years. Ghost you are asking if Billy wants to bet that you can find 2 situations where him not playing the score cost him the match... well Billy can counter with listing all the one pocket tournaments that Efren won when that same style won them for him.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
View attachment 5607

My bad, I was referring to the 8 one pocket titles he holds in the game, and how that came about.
But if you would like to show some of his failures that would be fine with me, anything to prove he's human.:)

The next time I talk to him i'll mention that you and Fred would like to have him pay you guy's a visit, so he could brush up on some of his weaker spots playing the game. cheers.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
My bad, I was referring to the 8 one pocket titles he holds in the game, and how that came about.
But if you would like to show some of his failures that would be fine with me, anything to prove he's human.:)

The next time I talk to him i'll mention that you and Fred would like to have him pay you guy's a visit, so he could brush up on some of his weaker spots playing the game. cheers.

Dr. Bill

LMFAO touche

John Brumback

Verified Member
What you guys fail to or unable to comprehend is that same aggressive shot selection that you criticize is also what made him BY FAR the most dominant one pocket player EVER.. are you and Freddy really going to question Efrens decisions. Thats his style and I would say it worked pretty well for his career(understatement of all time) Efrens style and his execution made his opponents shit all over themselves for 25 years. Ghost you are asking if Billy wants to bet that you can find 2 situations where him not playing the score cost him the match... well Billy can counter with listing all the one pocket tournaments that Efren won when that same style won them for him.[/QUOT

He stays in his own little world and could care less about what anyone thinks of his shot selections.Can't say that about many other players as most of them tend to get brainwashed imo.When a guy plays that good and won so many how in the world could anyone try to argue with that.I would just say watch and learn and try to be opened minded.Well that and have a good stroke and a big heart helps too.:lol John B.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
People will pay attention when you get you one of these.

Beard

Nice try but its obvious to everyone that you had Artie write that for you. LMFAO
If Efren would have signed it, it would have said thanks Freddy for letting me torture you while you were "teaching me one pocket" wink wink LMFAO

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The first five times Efren entered the DCC he came away with the One Pocket title, seemingly playing stronger and stronger every time. But then, he began to falter a little. I believe I was watching the matches the first two times Efren got knocked out of the One Pocket at DCC and as I remember it, BOTH times he had leads in key games that he failed to protect, and ended up losing, thus ending his streak at 5 titles in 5 tries (not consecutive years -- he skipped DCC several different times). That is the way I remember it. I believe one of those matches was against Gabe Owen. As I recall, these were not on the TV table.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ill try to cover 2 threads in one:eek:
just my opinion
confidence comes from reinforcement of correct decicions
picking a shot and making it makes you unafraid to shoot it again
the pavlovian theory
you are rewarded for success so you do it again
another interesting law of psychology by whose name i forget:eek:
it was 40 years ago i took that class
is the concept
if you reward the person intermittently
they will keep coming back for more more ardently
ie
give a dog a treat for x behavior more time than not
but not always
they will do that behavior for longer before they give up and dont expect a reward anymore
efren won more games doing it HIS way
why should he change a winning approach to the game???
just sayin:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
ROTFLMAO,

Double touche...

PS..Sometimes people get trapped by their own (not too smart) comments

This is too funny for words...you've outdone yourself this time Papie - you should roll around on the floor and laugh at your own genius-self...today you posted: "Sometimes people get trapped by their own (not too smart) comments"...but that's actually what you did to yourself..:rolleyes:..in the above post you agree with Billy and his stroker (but actually you didn't really mean it, it was just a chance to knock me and Freddy)...while back in this original post of yours from a few years ago, (and that was back when you used to say what you really thought - before you started your sarcasm agenda) in the thread where myself, Dennis, Steve Booth, and Freddy said this same thing about Efren wrongly not playing the score at critical times - YOU AGREED WITH US >>>

Ghost, You hit the nail on the head! There are
certain intangibles in the game of 1P that must be adhered to. Efren, with all his skill as a player, did not adhere to these givens.

Nice flip-flopping Papie...:rolleyes:

- Gh:cool:st

PS, And a note for Billy and his stroker...myself, Dennis, Steve Booth, Artie, and Freddy all said the same thing about Efren - I guess all of us are wrong...:rolleyes:

PPS, And interesting isn't it, that Billy and his stroker will rebuke Freddy or I for daring to question Efren's judgment re. not playing the score - but when Steve Booth says the same thing - several times - they don't say anything to him...;)

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This is too funny for words...you've outdone yourself this time Papie - you should roll around on the floor and laugh at your own genius-self...today you posted: "Sometimes people get trapped by their own (not too smart) comments"...but that's actually what you did to yourself....in the above post you agree with Billy and his stroker (but actually you didn't really mean it, it was just a chance to knock me and Freddy)...while back in this original post of yours from a few years ago, (and that was back when you used to say what you really thought - before you started your sarcasm agenda) in the thread where myself, Dennis, Steve Booth, and Freddy said this same thing about Efren wrongly not playing the score at critical times - YOU AGREED WITH US >>>

Nice flip-flopping Papie...

- Gh:cool:st

PS, And a note for Billy and his stroker...myself, Dennis, Steve Booth, Artie, and Freddy all said the same thing about Efren - I guess all of us are wrong...

PPS, And interesting isn't it, that Billy and his stroker will rebuke Freddy or I for daring to question Efren's judgment re. not playing the score - but when Steve Booth says the same thing - several times - they don't say anything to him...;)
That's not totally true, the part that's true is I don't question Steve, or Dennis because, that's their educated opinion and I have to respect that. But when you, Freddie, and even Artie say's that they can coach Reyes when playing one pocket, and improve his game is imo a pretty darn ignorant comment. Reyes is a magician, not a beautician.

That's like a ham and egger trying to convince the best gourmet chef that he can improve his cooking.:sorry

You really don't get it, do you? Reyes understanding of the game of pool is on a level which you, me, Freddie, and Artie are not familiar with.:frus Don't get too upset, neither is anyone else.;)

Dr. Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
..In the above post you agree with Billy and his stroker (but actually you didn't really mean it, it was just a chance to knock me and Freddy)...while back in this original post of yours from a few years ago, (and that was back when you used to say what you really thought - before you started your sarcasm agenda) in the thread where myself, Dennis, Steve Booth, and Freddy said this same thing about Efren wrongly not playing the score at critical times - YOU AGREED WITH US !

Nice flip-flopping Papie...

- Gh:eek:st

PS, And a note for Billy and his stroker...myself, Dennis, Steve Booth, Artie, and Freddy all said the same thing about Efren - I guess all of us are wrong...

Is everyone in Chicago, a born poitician ? ( Like Brag-donovich, (sp) or O-man...:rolleyes:
You spent an entire page, taking a comment I made, out of context...And using it to support your WEAK position...Bill Clinton couldn't have done it better.

Yes, I pointed out one of Effy's very few flaw's...But, I sure didn't take you or Beardmans overalll approach to one pocket, over Efren, no matter how many "signed notes" you all can produce...As I mentioned to your 'autograph seeking" homey, at the time..."Why would ANYONE bother to obtain such an "affidavit, in the first place" (much less expose it in public)

Sorry Ghr:eek:asty, no cookie for you..AGAIN !..:sorry

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Just to ponder a point,..I can't help but wonder, if I had said the same things you or Petie said, (jokingly [sic] of course) If it would have elicited the same lackidasical response ?.:rolleyes:

Nah, I'm sure it would probably have started WWIII...:eek: :cool: :D

It's all in fun. It's as true of me as anyone.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You need one

You need one

Is everyone in Chicago, a born poitician ? ( Like Brag-donovich, (sp) or O-man...:rolleyes:
You spent an entire page, taking a comment I made, out of context...And using it to support your WEAK position...Bill Clinton couldn't have done it better.

Yes, I pointed out one of Effy's very few flaw's...But, I sure didn't take you or Beardmans overalll approach to one pocket, over Efren, no matter how many "signed notes" you all can produce...As I mentioned to your 'autograph seeking" homey, at the time..."Why would ANYONE bother to obtain such an "affidavit, in the first place" (much less expose it in public)

Sorry Ghr:eek:asty, no cookie for you..AGAIN !..:sorry

Maybe you should get an affidavit from Appleton stating he spent 32 hours with you learning one pocket. (it was such a great learning experience that for the next 3 years he never won a single match.)

Beard

timdog24

Verified Member
Ghosty,

Michael Jordan had almost 3000 turnovers in his career. Reyes "not playing the score" at times is about as meaningful as that stat. :)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Ghosty,

Michael Jordan had almost 3000 turnovers in his career. Reyes "not playing the score" at times is about as meaningful as that stat. :)

You cant explain anything to Ghosty, he doesnt have the I.Q. to comprehend. Ghost and Freddy are trying to criticize Efren Reyes for christs sake. At least Freddy was player so you can give him a little benefit of the doubt( although he is completely wrong) but Ghost was a half ass banger and he is going to criticize EFREN!! PLEEEEASSEEE I have come to the conclusion that Efren used to have alot of hustle in him. He obviously jerked off half of Chicago while he raped, pillaged and stole from these CHICAGO boys.
Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive 400 meter hurdle races... the Ghost would of said yeah but his 40 yard dash time is shit!! LMFAO the Ghost had stopped posting for awhile.. he needs to back up in the attic and jerk himself off

SJDinPHX

Suspended
????--Would your "affidavit" stand up in court ????

????--Would your "affidavit" stand up in court ????

Maybe you should get an affidavit from Appleton stating he spent 32 hours with you learning one pocket. (it was such a great learning experience that for the next 3 years he never won a single match.) <--FIBBER !

Beard

Maybe you faiIed to notice..I never even posed for pictures with Darren, (other than a few Cross Side Larry shot, to show off his new Diamond)...
Also, it never entered my mind, to "beg" for his autograph, in case someday, he became a great 1P player...(which he still may.)

I also find it amazing, that hearing Efren talk his very broken 'tagalong' english, that (without coaching, from 'someone') he wrote a perfectly structered sentence, in YOUR praise...I guess he is TRULY, a magician..:rolleyes:

PS..I thought we were on break..:confused: Are you really ready for more "can't win" situations..People like Ghost, Mr. Pin Cushion, and Vapros...cannot TRY to bail you out forever..Sooner or later...it has to be 'Mano y Mano'..:sorry :p

PS..Heres a little tip for you Fred,..Stop baiting me, and QUIT, while you THINK you're ahead !! :D ...As I said, I thought
we were on 'break' ?

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You are so predictable

You are so predictable

Maybe you faiIed to notice..I never even posed for pictures with Darren, (other than a few Cross Side Larry shot, to show off his new Diamond)... (Wise choice, I certainly wouldnt want evidence of my incompetence to hit the public air either. ie., zero improvement after 32 hrs of instruct)

Also, it never entered my mind, to "beg" for his autograph, in case someday, he became a great 1P player...(which he still may.) (Maybe your 1pkt instruction came with 3 year Time Release Capsules)

I also find it amazing, that hearing Efren talk his very broken 'tagalong' english, that (without coaching, from 'someone') he wrote a perfectly structered sentence, in YOUR praise...I guess he is TRULY, a magician..:rolleyes:

What is amazing is I just made an comment to Dr Bill in the Bank Forum that he should be smarter than to copy your tired old weak act....
"You are starting to sound like the Merganser of the MoPed's now. Don't bother to look it up, we all know who I am talking about.
That's his game, putting in claims based on subjective speculation."

..and sure enough there you go with your usual "subjective speculation," that is based on nothing stronger than whatever happens to exit your vomit hole at the time.

Beard