Providence/Boston area One Pocket Tournament - Saturday March 19th

thepavlos

Verified Member
From
BOSTON, MA
The fall tournament we had was a great success and we are now planning the second one. Because of the large response we are expanding to a 32 man field this time. Make sure you get your entries in as soon as you can to ensure your spot. The only money taken out will be green fees, all funds go toward the pot.
ONEPOCKET.ORG AND SNOOKERS PRESENT
SNOOKERS ONE POCKET SPRING CLASSIC 2010
"One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
-- Strawberry Brooks
Handicapped One Pocket Tournament
Saturday March 19, 2011
Doors Open at 11:30am / Tournament at 12:00pm
53 Ashburton St, Providence, RI 02904
(401)351-7665
snookersri.com
AA (Professional One Pocket Player) – Gives A 11-7, B 11-6, C 11-5.
A – Gives B 9-7, C 10-6.
B – Gives C 8-6.
C
$50 Entry
* Strictly limited to the first 32 paid *
Races To 2 (Double elimination)
Will pay out the top 25% of the field

Now taking pre-paid entries
Contact Ray Mac at Snookers

Last edited:

thepavlos

Verified Member
From
BOSTON, MA
update

update

Just got some news from Snookers, they are adding 500.00 and waiving the greens fees!!!
Thank you guys so much for being such great supporters of the sport

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
i created a poster for this

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Poster looks great. Thanks Steve! I'll be there for sure. Looking forward to another fun (and full) tournament.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
We had 17 players this time -- that's down a little, but there were some committed players that simply could not make it due to the timing this time, and some new faces, so that is the silver lining. I had to leave after I lost, so I did not catch the very end, but what I heard was this for results:

1. 'Billy the Kid' Lanna
2. Pat
3. Jim
4. Steve Booth

Maybe someone can confirm the results for us...

Patrick

Steve,

Your results are correct, I'm the guy that came in 2nd. Thanks to Carey for telling me about these forums.

The finals of both the losers bracket and winners bracket went hill-hill. I was able to win the losers bracket but Billy played a superb match and beat me in the finals.

It was a pleasure to meet you guys and thanks for organizing the event. I'll try and attend future ones if they come around again.

-Patrick

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Patrick said:
Steve,

Your results are correct, I'm the guy that came in 2nd. Thanks to Carey for telling me about these forums.

The finals of both the losers bracket and winners bracket went hill-hill. I was able to win the losers bracket but Billy played a superb match and beat me in the finals.

It was a pleasure to meet you guys and thanks for organizing the event. I'll try and attend future ones if they come around again.

-Patrick
Good shooting, Patrick -- I'll see you next time!

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Good shooting, Patrick -- I'll see you next time!

You mean I didnt win. Ill never play again. Not because I didnt win. But because I though I was the only one playing.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Nice finish and welcome to the forum.

Patrick said:
Steve,

-Patrick

Patrick

Thank you for the comments.

One pocket is the only game I really like to play and I get together with my friend Mike about once a month for some one pocket practice at Snookers. Wish there were people into it around here, I'd love the competition.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Patrick said:
Thank you for the comments.

One pocket is the only game I really like to play and I get together with my friend Mike about once a month for some one pocket practice at Snookers. Wish there were people into it around here, I'd love the competition.
Do you mean Mike Webb? Good guy and great cue maker!

Patrick

Steve,

You are correct. Mike and I get together and play about once a month. He plays a good game of one pocket.

Take care.

-Patrick

Patrick

Figured this would come up at some point.

If I was killing people, I might agree with you. But I had four matches go hill-hill and come down to the last few balls. Plus Billy wiped the floor with me with this spot in the finals of the winners bracket. I made two balls in the 1st game and three in the 2nd game.

I only beat two people 2-0 and one of those played super aggressive. I just waited him out and let him give the games to me.

I'm a borderline B/C and they let me play as a C. If the the TD thought my handicap was to strong he would have adjusted it I'm sure....he was watching me play.

If people don't like the C handicap then they shouldn't make an allocation for it. I still would have played as B if they made that ruling...I wanted to play in a one pocket tournament, it was something I always wanted to do.

I'll play in the next tournament regardless of whether I play as a B or a C, I just love to play one pocket.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Yeah, this is only our second tournament and so the more that we have, the better we'll be able to adjust the handicaps. We're always bound to get a few wrong, but to be honest, if you really love the game of one pocket, then you'll come out for these tournaments no matter what, as long as no one is stealing. When I hear people complain about the handicaps at the tournament (of which they were a few), it really drives me nuts. I don't think that anyone is doing that here on this site, but I just wanted to vent. One pocket is close to dead here in the Northeast, and we're sitting here arguing over whether someone should be an A or a B, or a B or a C? Plenty of folk go to the Derby City and play EVEN with players 10 times their skill level. I'd prefer to play even actually: I don't want a spot from Billy the Kid or Mike Dechaine in a tournament. But in order to get a larger field, I understand that handicaps are necessary evil. Gambling is a totally different animal: I would want and require a spot for that as I'm not giving my money away of course.

Patrick - I enjoyed meeting you at the tournament and hope that you come back, even after we bump you up to a AA. ;)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Patrick said:
Figured this would come up at some point.

If I was killing people, I might agree with you. But I had four matches go hill-hill and come down to the last few balls. Plus Billy wiped the floor with me with this spot in the finals of the winners bracket. I made two balls in the 1st game and three in the 2nd game.

I only beat two people 2-0 and one of those played super aggressive. I just waited him out and let him give the games to me.

I'm a borderline B/C and they let me play as a C. If the the TD thought my handicap was to strong he would have adjusted it I'm sure....he was watching me play.

If people don't like the C handicap then they shouldn't make an allocation for it. I still would have played as B if they made that ruling...I wanted to play in a one pocket tournament, it was something I always wanted to do.

I'll play in the next tournament regardless of whether I play as a B or a C, I just love to play one pocket.
Pat, I'll be back down to Providence in a couple weeks -- maybe sooner, too. Are you near there and up for a few games? I dodged you in the tournament :D