dont feel bad ...even alex makes mistakes

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
found this among old threads ...this from cowboy dennis...p.s. i have resurected some of his old ones to make some wwyd
2008 dcc
alex's shot
alex mistakes.jpg

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Larry, Thanks for the repost. Nice to see that Alex is a mere mortal, also.

Might have been the pressure of playing Efren. Did the GOAT get out ?

Larry, there is, I think, an opening in the Memphis Melee tourney. Would be good to see you again. Everyone has a great time.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, Thanks for the repost. Nice to see that Alex is a mere mortal, also.

Might have been the pressure of playing Efren. Did the GOAT get out ?

Larry, there is, I think, an opening in the Memphis Melee tourney. Would be good to see you again. Everyone has a great time.

robert
i would love to go but its my busy season at work.
would be great to see you again and meet the guys....:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
heres the mistake and result and how he left it for efren.....:eek:

Uuh Larry...that shot/choice of Alex's was 100% not a mistake or wrong choice whatsoever - and his cueball ended up perfect on the good side of the stack...he was just very unlucky that he wound up with no shot after crashing the stack.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Uuh Larry...that shot/choice of Alex's was 100% not a mistake or wrong choice whatsoever - and his cueball ended up perfect on the good side of the stack...he was just very unlucky that he wound up with no shot after crashing the stack.

- Ghost

not talking shot choice
not making the ...or should i say not even hitting the 6 was not a mistake ghost?????:confused::confused:

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

- Ghost

Did you take too many meds? He missed contacting the OB
Dr. Bill

El Chapo

Verified Member
I like shooting here too. Especially if i am alex. Even more especially if i am alex playing efren. I think that may have been what ghost was saying, just that it was not the wrong shot. He can speak for himself though, but i would be shooting here.

I will take my guess on why he whiffed it. A shot like this is tough enough. But he has got to contact that 15 good after one rail to get a shot. It is easy to think cb too much. Hitting that ball a hair thicker or thinner will have a great impact on cb angle, and i find concentrating on that too much throws off your ability to actually pocket the ball.

beatle

Verified Member
he probably hit it good. used maybe a little more inside than he planned and slid off some so he missed see how shiny those balls are. you can tell by where the cueball ended up.

and if he had made it the 6 would be gone and the balls would lie a little different and he would have shots to shoot.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Did you take too many meds? He missed contacting the OB
Dr. Bill

Either too many, or not enough meds :p It's hard to keep track of how many I'm taking :eek:

not talking shot choice
not making the ...or should i say not even hitting the 6 was not a mistake ghost?????:confused::confused:

Sorry bro...obviously I was talking about Alex's shot choice - which btw, I also would have definitely shot...I slept the fact that he air-balled the 6 :lol

But actually Larry, no, not hitting the six was not really a mistake = missing a shot, does not qualify as a mistake - it correctly defines as just a miss.....just to give 1 of many parallel examples from the world of sports....if a baseball player swings at a good pitch and strikes out - that wasn't a mistake - he did the right thing (as Alex did), but just swung and missed.....conversely, if a baseball player swings at a pitch waay out of the strike zone and strikes out - that could be called a mistake (which is definitely what I would call it :heh) - Javier Baez of the Cubs comes to mind :cool:

- Ghost

El Chapo

Verified Member
Serious question, has anyone every witnessed efren whiff a ball like this when trying to hit it thin? I do not think i ever saw him do it. Not once.