A. Pagulayan vs. S. Woodward 2013 Tunica

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I always prefer to bank a balls that are closer to the cushion, it greatly reduces your margin of error. Since the overhead view shows that the 7 ball is playable, albeit a little tricky, that's what I would go for. Center axis, slightly below center. Stroke the shot with a firm grip on the cue stick ( will give you more "grab" on the object ball). Medium speed. The cue ball will go to the rail and come straight off from it and park right in front of the two layup cross sides.

For an egg, the easiest shot would be the 6 ball (not to say that Big Jim is an egg, he actually banks pretty crispy), but controlling the cue ball is a little harder if you are trying to get perfect on the cluster.

Beard

backplaying

Verified Member
In the first photo, it looks like you need a little inside to make the 7, in the other one it doesn't, so, I like shooting the 6 from here. Regardless of what I shot, I would feel like I dogged it if I didn't win this game. Of course, I don't miss many from here.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
In the first photo, it looks like you need a little inside to make the 7, in the other one it doesn't, so, I like shooting the 6 from here. Regardless of what I shot, I would feel like I dogged it if I didn't win this game. Of course, I don't miss many from here.

Squeeze the butt of the cue all the way thru the stroke and you wont need english on the 7 ball.

Beard

backplaying

Verified Member
I don't like leaving the cue ball close to the rail. He might shoot the 6 ball next instead of the cross side.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Alex finally decided to shoot the 7 ball and he hit it perfect.

View attachment 9137

He left it here:

View attachment 9138

If you notice from the diagram, Alex did not use side english. However, he failed to use one of my suggestions and the cue ball ended up sorta close to the rail. In order to avoid that I said to hit the cue ball slightly BELOW center to bring the cue ball further off of the rail.

Beard

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH

I agree, easier to get position on the other two balls