Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
In my mind I was talking to Rod
John, I'm not involved in the odds making in any way. I wouldn't know how or be interested if I did.
I think Jeff (who certainly likes to gamble ) was just trying to get something started.

I would suggest anyone interested in the proper odds check with Buddy Hall and get his thoughts.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 10-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post

Dr. Bill, I sent this to the guy that puts up the daily lines across the USA (Walter) for all sports betting, he said you should be 7/5, I gave you a point because we once played golf together. Buddy is one of the 6 favorites in my opinion, but certainly doesn't have to win it against this group.
I agree on one of your choices Jeff..If he can still draw his ball, I would think Buddy would be the strongest contender !..This "Walter" guy may be a good sports handicapper, but I question his 'pool savvy' !..Assuming it stays at 16 players, (and big John doesn't 'nod off')..I encourage him, or anyone, to accept my generous offer in the Members Only forum !
Old 10-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
John, I'm not involved in the odds making in any way.
I didn't think you were, I was just making an observation thinking of you because I know you know something about money lines.

Quote:
I think Jeff (who certainly likes to gamble ) was just trying to get something started.
Yes, that seems right given his response, but I was worried that I'd insulted him by knocking his effort to get Walter involved.

Quote:
I would suggest anyone interested in the proper odds check with Buddy Hall and get his thoughts.
Between Buddy and Billy I. we could get a solid action line, but they might both prefer to wait for someone else to make a mistake.

At least Jeff got a line we could actually fire at if we want to; that's better than I can do.

P.S. Are you sure we can't talk you into jumpin' in to the SSSS? I'll caddy for you for 10% of your winnings and leave my iguana at home.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Verified Member

Default Odds on Super Seniors

You have me rated too high.

Just because I got lucky and finished one ball ahead of the Ghost doesn't mean I can out shoot and outwit this group. However, If I get my mixture right (Jack & Coke) I could be dangerous.

I will be there a day early to test the waters.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Verified Member

Default Curious

I know it's one-pocket not banks, but I wonder what the Houston odds would have been for Mr. Beard.

Sunny
Old 10-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyone View Post
I know it's one-pocket not banks, but I wonder what the Houston odds would have been for Mr. Beard.

Sunny
Likely in the field.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 10-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
You have me rated too high.

Just because I got lucky and finished one ball ahead of the Ghost doesn't mean I can out shoot and outwit this group. However, If I get my mixture right (Jack & Coke) I could be dangerous.

I will be there a day early to test the waters.
Not according to SJD, he likes you to finish either 1 or 2! Seems like 3/1 would be a good gambling # on you. I certainly rank you in the top 4 in this tournament, and since you admittedly play at least 3/4 times a week and a monthly tournament to boot, well I'd say that gives you the players edge needed to push you right into the top rankings.

I don't know about the other favorites, they may or may not have hit the balls with any regularity in weeks, / months, who knows? Relying on rep in this thing ain't gonna win it for you, you're gonna have to play some good defense, combined with good offense to come out on top.

So, since you mix it up every week gambling, and play a T once a month, ( action & tournament hardened ) a strong case could be made for you winning the whole enchilada!

But as I said, I ain't booking it, just spitballing.

P.S. Last time I checked, luck wasn't much of a factor in one pocket.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
Likely in the field.
That would be correct.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Verified Member

Default Odds on the SS Classic

Shoutout to Sunny for commenting in a thread all regular like. 👍👍🙆.