Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posted by mr3cushion
Sounds like MY thread on making a difficult bank shot, has turned into an, 'AZ exiled admiration society' thread! But, go figure, what else is new!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Certainly not your attitude.

pj <- it's not YOUR thread
chgo
.....Someone has always had trouble, getting it through his head, that there is simply MUCH, MUCH more to
admire about me, than HIM !..(go figure, what else is new ?)

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-26-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Certainly not your attitude.

pj <- it's not YOUR thread
chgo
You mean like when YOUR attitude changed from Backplaying's Post #38 hurt your, how doe's one guy put it, 'feelers!' Maybe it's YOUR ego needs a little checking!
Old 10-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX View Post
Petie; I certainly have never seen, or heard of Shane touting 'TOI' ..I'm sure he uses his favorite 'shortcut', or whatever spin the shot calls for, as does Efren, or any other top player !..I don't think they need to mentally 'trick' themselves, while they are over a shot !

More power to you, if you think TOI 'helps' your game..(I'd like to think I could convince you otherwise, in about 10 minutes )..Also, pool is NOT all in your head..While it is VERY much a mental game, your mechanics will always

be in first place, when you pull the trigger !

Late Edit;...Trust me, the above is 100% more correct, than any non pool-player's 'humble opinion' !..JMHO !
...Why do I feel like I am being 'stalked' ?.. I was just chatting with my 'friends', minding my own business !
Well, this is the vid I was talking about. Obviously, not what I was thinking although it is very confusing to the conversation. The reason I was confused about it was that I was reading the subtitles instead of listening to the sound track.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
Well, this is the vid I was talking about. Obviously, not what I was thinking although it is very confusing to the conversation. The reason I was confused about it was that I was reading the subtitles instead of listening to the sound track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-ohU0sJXE
Very, very interesting video Petie.

I've been advocating, using and instructing the same way of 'Aiming' that Shane describes in this video since 1983, before Shane was born! That's when I first had the vision to produce a book/DVD.

Here's an excerpt from the chapter on 'Fundamentals.'

What are you aiming with?

How and what spin to aim at the target is another debatable question. Do you aim the cue ball at the target, to imagine a ghost ball at the object ball, or do you aim the cue tip at the target? For me, I believe the later is more accurate, for the simple reason that the player is holding the cue in their hand. This is what you have complete control over, not the cue ball. Aiming the cue tip at the target will give the player a more precise way of contacting a specific portion of the object ball. There is an exception to this rule. If the player is trying to contact the object ball extremely thin without or as little English as possible, then you aim the edge of the cue ball to the edge of the object ball.

Last edited by mr3cushion; 10-26-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
I'm hearing impaired also.
However I can read people screaming.
Rod.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post

I've been using and instructing the same way of 'Aiming' that Shane describes in this video since 1983, before Shane was born! That's when I first had the vision to produce a book/DVD.

...Blah, blah, er, uh, blah, blah....Aiming the cue tip at the target will give the player a more precise way of contacting a specific portion of the object ball. There is an exception to this rule. If the player is trying to contact the object ball extremely thin without or as little English as possible, then you aim the edge of the cue ball to the edge of the object ball... blah, blah !
Let me see if I can make sense of this. ...So, what you were saying in post # 51, was NOT 100% correct...So what percentage was it correct ? 30% ?..38% ? (maybe we should ask Dr. Bill, or Rod )..Anyone here will tell you, MUCH greater minds than yours, have tried to explain 'aiming systems', with ZERO PERCENT success !

Let me suggest you go back to 1983, and start over..You couldn't possibly be any more confusing ! Did you actually say all that stuff in your book ? Egad ! ...Even Shane was more explicit !

SJD....Just trynna help keep you afloat !

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-27-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post

I've been advocating, using and instructing the same way of 'Aiming' that Shane describes in this video since 1983, before Shane was born! That's when I first had the vision to produce a book/DVD.

How and what spin to aim at the target is another debatable question. Do you aim the cue ball at the target, to imagine a ghost ball at the object ball, or do you aim the cue tip at the target? For me, I believe the later is more accurate, for the simple reason that the player is holding the cue in their hand. This is what you have complete control over, not the cue ball. Aiming the cue tip at the target will give the player a more precise way of contacting a specific portion of the object ball. There is an exception to this rule. If the player is trying to contact the object ball extremely thin without or as little English as possible, then you aim the edge of the cue ball to the edge of the object ball.
There is a zero percent chance that someone who has arrived at this niche one pocket site does not know this simplistic way to aim.

That video from Shane is typical of a lot of good players - it makes sense to him in his experience but does not necessarily translate into something you can teach someone, much less a beginner.

Last edited by straightback; 10-26-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback View Post
There is a zero percent chance that someone who has arrived at this niche one pocket site does not know this simplistic way to aim.

That video from Shane is typical of a lot of good players - it makes sense to him in his experience but does not necessarily translate into something you can teach someone, much less a beginner.
At least you have the common courtesy and intelligence to include MY entire post, when replying!

Now, to your statement, let me ask YOU a question! 'How do you aim at an 'half ball' hit with NO English, 'center, 12 O'clock or minimum 6 O'clock English?'

I'm going to assume that you're not exactly a 'beginner.' Would you not aim YOUR 'tip at the edge of the OB?' Just to pocket the OB.

'Do you think this method is too difficult to teach a beginner or for them to understand?'

BTW, sounds a like Shane uses a form of 'TOI' when playing off the 'inside' of the ball!

P.S. Whether they'll admit it or not, I showed this SAME principle to, Petie and Larry when we were all together, cutting the ball down the rail NOT frozen!

Last edited by mr3cushion; 10-26-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback View Post
There is a zero percent chance that someone who has arrived at this niche one pocket site does not know this simplistic way to aim...That video from Shane is typical of a lot of good players - it makes sense to him in his experience but does not necessarily translate into something you can teach someone, much less a beginner.
Straightback..(please note; I included your entire post ).....No one has wasted more time, or words, with this
illiterate ??????-??????, than me !.. He thinks you are a kind, polite person..But, puhleeeeeze, take my advice,
he is way beyond hope...just LET HIM SINK !

Attachment 11155

PS..Remember, you are dealing with someone, who 'thinks' he can cut a ball backwards ! ..And be careful now, knowing him as I do, he is about one millimeter away from going berserk, and calling me 'a coward yellow dog' (and the other 4 profanities he can spell !) !

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-27-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Suspended

Now, I completely understand the alliance between a, 'scientific' player and a guy's method of play and skill level is determined by how empty the 'YJ' bottle is!

Last edited by mr3cushion; 10-26-2014 at 04:57 PM.