Rules

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
People think that the rules questions that have been posted are meant to be nutty or out of the realm of what is One Pocket. Let’s disagree. The situation was the que ball being picked up illegally in a One Pocket tournament where if it was nine ball, BIH would be clear. It could be said that picking up the cue ball is a forfeit, like tipping your King in chess. It could be interpreted as giving up. Gambling, that’s what I would call. You lose. But being the nice guy, we called for a ruling and accepted any decision the tournament director chose. The reason these rule :cool:questions are coming up is because they are happening in real game situations and clarified rules only helps us have a better understanding of the great game of One Pocket.:eek
As far as a table scratch at the beginning of the game, so sorry, it’s like any other shot where you don’t hit the object ball and or the rail.
I know, I know, cue ball is with a “c”. Not in One Pocket, que ball is the correct spelling(if you’re from Kentucky) :sorry:lol

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
A good basic 101 rule of thumb that everyone learns that inters 8-ball or 9-ball tournaments, 'never pick up the q-ball without first getting a clear declaration from your opponent that a foul occurred.

Of course in One Pocket you are never allowed to pick up the q-ball from off the table top, unless a BIH foul occurs when placing the q-ball. There is no specific rule covering this in our OP rules, but 6.1, 6.3, & 10.2 does give us some guidance.

I feel that Kentucky and John handled it appropriately since neither one could remember where the original position of the q-ball was, thus they agreed to go with BIH.
Q-ball and out! Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
So today I’m playing James Walden, he owes a ball. When he finishes his turn he pulls a ball out of his pocket, tosses it in the air and doesn’t catch it. Four or five balls scattered around. He looks for a coin to mark a foul. I said no way dude, that’s a loss of game:eek: Couldn’t find the ball toss rule in any book. LOL.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
So today I’m playing James Walden, he owes a ball. When he finishes his turn he pulls a ball out of his pocket, tosses it in the air and doesn’t catch it. Four or five balls scattered around. He looks for a coin to mark a foul. I said no way dude, that’s a loss of game:eek: Couldn’t find the ball toss rule in any book. LOL.

Re: 12.4/09/2019

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I have only seen that moving three balls is a loss of game foul in certain tournaments and not in any over all rule set!