Rule Question

DawgAndy

I had this happen the other day and wanted to check on the rules.
I banked the 13 out of my oppents pocket and into mine the cueball came off the rail and hit my tip. My opponet didn't see it but I spotted the 13 and another ball out of my pocket. Did I owe 2 balls or just the 13?

Thanks,
Dawg

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Your Opponent Owes You.

Your Opponent Owes You.

DawgAndy said:
I banked the 13 out of my oppents pocket and into mine the cueball came off the rail and hit my tip. My opponet didn't see it but I spotted the 13 and another ball out of my pocket. Did I owe 2 balls or just the 13?

Thanks,
Dawg
He owes you the next round of drinks for being so honest. But,,,,take the cap off yourself, lol. Do they still do that kinda stuff? You did owe 2 balls Dawg. The 13 and another. It was a foul.

Last edited:

Troy

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Honesty Rules !!!

Honesty Rules !!!

TAP, TAP, TAP !!!

Yes, you did the correct thing.

Troy...~~~ Appreciates an honest player !!!
DawgAndy said:

Thanks,
Dawg

DawgAndy

Rule Question

I play to win but I don't think there's any point not calling a foul. Playing my best is just as important as winning. That's why I try to find better players to play cheap.(this guy wasn't one of them). If you don't respect the game you won't see any action from this boy.Shark moves and bad racks don't belong in a ral poolroom, keep them at the student rec center and the bar.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

DawgAndy

DawgAndy

Another Question

Another Question

What if the 13 ball had hit my tip and still gone in ? Is that 2 balls too? Are all fouls in onepocket behind the line? I mean does the cue ball ever stay where it's at if a ball gets spotted? I have only been playing one hole for about a month after getting bored with nine ball.

Andy

Troy

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Whether it be the OB or the CB hitting your tip after the stroke, it's a foul and you owe a ball. Also, any and all balls made on a foul are also spotted, whether made in your pocket or your opponent's pocket.
The CB always stays where it stops unless it's pocketed or jumped off the table in which case it's CB behind the headstring.

Troy
DawgAndy said:
What if the 13 ball had hit my tip and still gone in ? Is that 2 balls too? Are all fouls in onepocket behind the line? I mean does the cue ball ever stay where it's at if a ball gets spotted? I have only been playing one hole for about a month after getting bored with nine ball.

Andy

Last edited:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
All balls pocketed on a shot, spot on a foul.
You also spot one of your balls as the penalty of your foul.
Cue ball always is 'in place' on a table foul.
Cue ball behind the line on a scratch or cue off the table.

DawgAndy said:

Andy

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Troy said:
Whether it be the OB or the CB hitting your tip after the stroke, it's a foul and you owe a ball. Also, any and all balls made on a foul are also spotted, whether made in your pocket or your opponent's pocket.
The CB always stays where it stops unless it's pocketed or jumped off the table in which case it's CB behind the headstring.

Troy
Just to be clear though, on any other type of foul, including a double hit, the opponent has the option of keeping the ball -- even in the BCA rules :) (From the BCA rules: "If the shot constitutes a foul other than a scratch, the opponent is allowed to keep the ball.") Of course the BCA rules don't say what to do with the ball if they opt not to "keep" it. Naturally that has been clarified in the OnePocket.org rules :)

One purpose of that clarification is to prevent the rewarding of an illegal maneuver to get a ball out of the jaws of the your opponent's pocket when you can't see how to get it out in a legal manner...

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
And,
Intentional fouls (deliberate double hits, can be considerede Unsportsmanlike conduct and can be penalized with loss of Match)

The Texas Express rules for One Pocket also follow the same as the BCA in this instance.

See http://www.texasexpress.com/rules_onepocket.htm rule #5

NH Steve said:
Just to be clear though, on any other type of foul, including a double hit, the opponent has the option of keeping the ball -- even in the BCA rules :) (From the BCA rules: "If the shot constitutes a foul other than a scratch, the opponent is allowed to keep the ball.") Of course the BCA rules don't say what to do with the ball if they opt not to "keep" it. Naturally that has been clarified in the OnePocket.org rules :)

One purpose of that clarification is to prevent the rewarding of an illegal maneuver to get a ball out of the jaws of the your opponent's pocket when you can't see how to get it out in a legal manner...