Grady relapse

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
For anyone that doesn't know, Grady has had a setback. I went up and spent last Sun and part of Mon with him. They are now doing radiation to the brain. His spirits are good and we hope to have a prognosis soon.

Later, Pel

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Howdy....

Howdy....

.....Pel,long time no see.Good to hear from you even though the news is bad its not unexpected.Doing the same thing here with a Stage 4 Hodgins[sp] guy.Too bad we all dont get to run 8 and out and then take that last walk into the sunlight.A good old Hollywood ending.Its like your in between worlds so he'll have lots of people waiting on him.My friend Louie is there and Grady will be happy when he arrives and they keep it going on another level unknown to the rest of us mortals.Not like Ruth,Dempsey and Alexander who live forever and always will.Hope the wind is at your back now Pel and keep on keepin on,James

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
For anyone that doesn't know, Grady has had a setback. I went up and spent last Sun and part of Mon with him. They are now doing radiation to the brain. His spirits are good and we hope to have a prognosis soon.

Later, Pel

He has made it back before, hope he does it again.

One of my best memories of this years Derby was seeing Grady there at the Hall of Fame Dinner and playing in the banks tournament. He was having a great time.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
He has made it back before, hope he does it again.

One of my best memories of this years Derby was seeing Grady there at the Hall of Fame Dinner and playing in the banks tournament. He was having a great time.

My greatest DCC 2012 experience was hugging him and telling him I loved him.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
My greatest DCC 2012 experience was hugging him and telling him I loved him.

That brought tears to my eyes, I myself did the same thing.

I'm so proud of Grady the way he's taking on this formidable foe, showing very little or no fear of the possible outcome. He played pool with a similar demeanor.

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No matter what...

No matter what...

..some of us, at least, had the HOF Dinner with him.

Beard

Those who werent there will soon have an opportunity to view the DVD that Big Truck made.

Beard

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
..some of us, at least, had the HOF Dinner with him.

Beard

Those who werent there will soon have an opportunity to view the DVD that Big Truck made.

Beard

Freddie, my wife and I are looking forward to getting tha DVD just to hear the poem again. I talked with Ray in a chat room Saturday and he said he is working on it.

I'll keep y'all appraised of Grady's situation.

Later, Pel

JAM

Verified Member
Wishing Grady all the very best. He is strong, and I hope he jumps this hurdle, and moves on to good health.

I was looking for a photo this morning and came across this one taken by Diana Hoppe at the 2003 U.S. Open of Grady. It is good of Grady, and it made me smile! :)

Attachments

• P9140006.jpg
    P9140006.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1