A Gentle Suggestion … Listen Up You Jaspers!

CJ Wiley

those were some great days back in California with the LA OPEN & BIKE tournaments

those were some great days back in California with the LA OPEN & BIKE tournaments

Welcome CJ.

I watched you play at the Bicycle Club years back, maybe 92 or thereabouts? And at the LA Open the year before. It was a pleasure watching you play in the flesh.

Yes, those were some great days back in California with the LA OPEN, and the tournaments at 'The Bike'.....I'm looking forward to seeing those days again, just in a slightly different manner. I think pool's going to go full circle very soon.

Play Well.

CJ

lfigueroa

Verified Member
"Mr. Beard," the pleasure's all mine. I have heard a lot about yourself as well, it's nice to get the chance to converse. I"ve been a bit "misunderstood" over on that "other forum," however, I actually feel more at home here.

You know how it is when you go into a place and "they" start knocking you from the lag......it causes certain "reactions," and I'm sure that won't be the case here. I know you guys have a more pool savvy clientele that understands how the world really works from the "school of hard knocks," not the world of hard knockers. ;)

Aloha, I'll be around, admiring from afar.

CJ

Right. And how you conducted yourself had nothing to do with it.

Lou Figueroa

CJ Wiley

(jr)

(jr)

Mr. Wiley, You caught 2 big breaks here...(#1) The Beard does not know YOU..(So you MAY not be on his world famous "Beat List") And your timing was such, that you may be able to make inroads, here on 1P.org...However, I must warn you..It is an entirely different demographic than AZB...Except there are 4-5 guys from Chicago, and one from Detroit, who are in their 60's-70's, but ACT MUCH LIKE the APA 3 "Tweener's" over on AZB...(only MUCH thinner skinned) :sorry:..Oh well, you'll find out..!

(#2) To explain your 'timing'!..In the preceding years, I have worked hard, to bring the B... d, somewhat under control... Until I came on the site, NO ONE could get a word in edgewise, for all his loud and boisterus "Brag...g and Shame..ss S..f-Prom....n" !Believe me C.J, he made "YOU" sound like a 'Neutered Churchmouse'....He did try to enlist a 'few' of his [sic] MANY friends, to help him...but alas, the 3 of them, were no match for SuperDuck...They, much like him, seem to have gone into a permanent "Pout", of late..;) I shall enjoy a little friendly give and take, with someone who does not 'SELF-DETONATE' if I call him a 'jerk'.. :eek:

I sense, he feels he may have found an "ALLY" in you, thus the warm welcome...I also welcome you, as I know you will adjust your 'media blitz' to accomodate a much more "pool savvy clientele"...I wish you good luck CJ..but please remember, over here..
.."ONE POCKET IS THE TEACHER" !!! :eek:

C.J. McDuck--Sorry, (private joke) but the B...d,.. has made 'C.J'. my domain name over here..I'm sure he, (or one of his mentally challenged 'n.t=dang...rs') will fill you in soon !
:rolleyes:

I tell ya, C.?. It ain't easy, going up against this 'Go-Getter' ! ;)
View attachment 7969

Did you know (JR) Weldon Rogers? I'm pretty sure he told me a couple of stories.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Did you know (JR) Weldon Rogers? I'm pretty sure he told me a couple of stories.

Dont waste your time trying to be civil with the C...m J....r, he will turn on you at the very first opportunity. He only likes humble pool players. Give you an example, the C....m J....r didnt like Minnesota Fats. What does that tell you?

Beard

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Yes, those were some great days back in California with the LA OPEN, and the tournaments at 'The Bike'.....I'm looking forward to seeing those days again, just in a slightly different manner. I think pool's going to go full circle very soon.

Play Well.

CJ

You guys inspired me to become a pool player at that time. I was about 20. Some gorgeous pool being played. I still remember you kicking in a combo on the 9 against Earl. It was a nice, clutch shot. It laid pretty good, but you had to hit it sweet and cut the first ball and you did. Anyway..... good memories, as you say, when pool really had some good stuff going for it. Tadd, Archer, Reyes, then you seemed to come out of nowhere. I hope, as you say, pool makes a revival.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dont waste your time trying to be civil with the C...m J....r, he will turn on you at the very first opportunity. He only likes humble pool players. Give you an example, the C....m J....r didnt like Minnesota Fats. What does that tell you?

Beard

You really are just a few 'clowns short of a circus', aren't you ?... I have already been critical, of some of Mr. Wiley's, shall we say, "tactic's"...He, did not find the need to disparage my educated criticism...Whereas 'You' launched in to several, hate filled, childish tirades, when I only pointed out, just a very few, of your 'glaring' character flaw's.

Its good to see you continuing your [sic] clever vendetta !...Its the only way myself, and the other members, can possibly help you right your 'sinking ship'..I'm sure its a great lesson, for Mr. Wiley, to see where hes headed for. (pre-senility wise)... I am sure (once he meets a few of your [sic] friends,) C.J. will avoid the pitalls YOU all dove into, with great relish ! :eek:

Remember F..d..."The 'Brag' is NOT the teacher" ! :sorry

CJ Wiley

The Game's to great to be held down for long, it's just been suffocated by a few

The Game's to great to be held down for long, it's just been suffocated by a few

You guys inspired me to become a pool player at that time. I was about 20. Some gorgeous pool being played. I still remember you kicking in a combo on the 9 against Earl. It was a nice, clutch shot. It laid pretty good, but you had to hit it sweet and cut the first ball and you did. Anyway..... good memories, as you say, when pool really had some good stuff going for it. Tadd, Archer, Reyes, then you seemed to come out of nowhere. I hope, as you say, pool makes a revival.

Those Bicycle Tournaments were the nutz, and there were always a lot of movie stars and TV Celebs hanging out. I was walking around the corner one night and a little kid ran past me hitting me with his pool case, I turned to see who it was and saw Gary Coleman ....obviously not a "kid" but "vertically challenged" none the less. I do miss it when California was happening, now they play races to 11 playing 9 Ball to see who breaks first playing one pocket.

The Game's to great to be held down for long, it's just been suffocated by a few, it will come full circle in the next couple of years is my prediction. "Where there's a will, there's always a way".

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Give you an example, the C....m J....r didn't like Minnesota Fats. What does that tell you?

Beard

Freddy,

This has been misconstrued long enough. SJD has never once said he didn't like Fats, he always maintained, rightly or wrongly, that Fats would never have been as big as he was if it wasn't for "The Hustler". SJD never once said he didn't like Fats.

Danny DiLiberto is the one who actually despises & hates Fats, and talks about it at a moments notice. He is the one jealous of Fats and his success. Danny D. is a good friend of yours and I don't expect you to knock him but you should at least be right when you knock the Duck. You're not right here.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy,

This has been misconstrued long enough. SJD has never once said he didn't like Fats, he always maintained, rightly or wrongly, that Fats would never have been as big as he was if it wasn't for "The Hustler". SJD never once said he didn't like Fats.

Danny DiLiberto is the one who actually despises & hates Fats, and talks about it at a moments notice. He is the one jealous of Fats and his success. Danny D. is a good friend of yours and I don't expect you to knock him but you should at least be right when you knock the Duck. You're not right here.

Dennis

Why should I have to be right when I knock the Duck? He certainly doesnt offer me the same consideration. :confused: Spouting unsubstantiated claims is the stock in trade of CJ #1. CJ #2 is of course CJ Wiley.

Was he right when he said I never saw Puckett draw the cue ball 5 rails? Was he right when he said Puckett wasnt famous for his Nineball break as I said? Was he right when he said Hubert Cokes was an average player and never played anybody 8 or no count? Was he right when he said Fats never beat Squirrel even 1pkt in Tampa for $400 a game? Was he right when he said I never beat the people that I said I beat? Was he right when he called me a low-level shortstop? Was he right when he challenged me when I said Cannonball Chapman was a top player? Was he right when he challenged me when I said Mexican Johnny was a top player on a 5 x 10? Enough said?

In all of the above examples, he wasnt remotely close to being right. I could probably go on for another 45 minutes with examples of the above. Now can everyone understand why I would like to put Sarin gas into his oxygen tank?

Beard

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Why should I have to be right when I knock the Duck? He certainly doesnt offer me the same consideration. :confused: Spouting unsubstantiated claims is the stock in trade of CJ #1. CJ #2 is of course CJ Wiley.

Was he right when he said I never saw Puckett draw the cue ball 5 rails? Was he right when he said Puckett wasnt famous for his Nineball break as I said? Was he right when he said Hubert Cokes was an average player and never played anybody 8 or no count? Was he right when he said Fats never beat Squirrel even 1pkt in Tampa for $400 a game? Was he right when he said I never beat the people that I said I beat? Was he right when he called me a low-level shortstop? Was he right when he challenged me when I said Cannonball Chapman was a top player? Was he right when he challenged me when I said Mexican Johnny was a top player on a 5 x 10? Enough said?

In all of the above examples, he wasnt remotely close to being right. I could probably go on for another 45 minutes with examples of the above. Now can everyone understand why I would like to put Sarin gas into his oxygen tank?

Beard

VX is faster and gives more consistent results, just not as well known.:D

Actually I've begun to wish you guys could find a way to ignore each other. I value both your and SDJ's knowledge of the game but the animosity and bickering is getting on my nerves.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Those Bicycle Tournaments were the nutz, and there were always a lot of movie stars and TV Celebs hanging out. I was walking around the corner one night and a little kid ran past me hitting me with his pool case, I turned to see who it was and saw Gary Coleman ....obviously not a "kid" but "vertically challenged" none the less. I do miss it when California was happening, now they play races to 11 playing 9 Ball to see who breaks first playing one pocket.

The Game's to great to be held down for long, it's just been suffocated by a few, it will come full circle in the next couple of years is my prediction. "Where there's a will, there's always a way".

Thanks for the memories. The Bike was my favorite because the layout was so great. Those bleachers were so close to the tables. The LA Open had those bleachers and it seemed we were miles away, like watching pool in a football stadium. Players may have felt the opposite, but for fans the Bike was such a great layout. I sure miss it.

Anyway, good to see you posting here.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Beard

Freddy,

You make some valid points:). Don't think the Duck & I haven't gone 'round & 'round about him saying things didn't happen in a poolroom 10 states away that he wasn't in. We have, most recently about Cokes.

That's still a far cry from having a paper trail (here onsite) where he's never said he didn't like Fats and having someone intentionally write otherwise.

I'm glad we agree that SJD never wrote that he didn't like Fats. I think DiLiberto is the only person I ever heard rag on Fats and he does it very meanly.

For the record here is SJD's 1st post in response to the "Is Fats A Fit?" thread.
SJDuck said:
I certainly agree with most of Doc's opinions on the Fat man. I was only around him enough to absorb (not necessarily appreciate) his inccessant con and braggadacio.

I never resented him, but he was only tolerable (to me) in very small doses. He could easily give our top two horn blower's on this forum...
8 to 4 and the break, in the self engrandisement department.

That being said, he could be a very unique and entertaining individual. He had the bufoonery of W.C. Fields, crossed with the caustic wit of Groucho Marx or Don Rickles.

I know he was instrumental in getting the Jansco's to include one pocket in their first tournament, but so was Squirrel, Beanie, both Red's, and all the other top one holer's of that era. It was allready an established action game. He just had George's ear a little better than the rest.

To say that he was "responsible" for bringing 1P out of the closet, is in IMHO, a bit of a stretch.
Fat's was all about "Fat's", and I don't think he ever even thought much beyond HIS agenda, as far as promoting ANYTHING.
That doesn't make him a bad guy, its just the way he was.

Thanks to Tevis, he gained a level of notariety he almost certainly, would NEVER have enjoyed... if it had not been for the success of the book and the movie. He should have kissed him, instead of suing him. But I guess that was a necessary step to gaining that notariety.

He is definately worthy of a "lifetime award" of some sort...maybe even a "special" award of some kind, due to the colorful character that he always was.

But there is simply too long a list, of other's who did more for the game of pool, (Tevis, Newman, Gleason, Cruise ???)...and a whole bunch of guy's who played it better than Fat's ever did, even in his prime. Just my 2 cents.

Here's the link to the thread if anyone has the time to read the 221 posts.
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3301

Dennis

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy,

You make some valid points:). Don't think the Duck & I haven't gone 'round & 'round about him saying things didn't happen in a poolroom 10 states away that he wasn't in. We have, most recently about Cokes.

That's still a far cry from having a paper trail (here onsite) where he's never said he didn't like Fats and having someone intentionally write otherwise.

I'm glad we agree that SJD never wrote that he didn't like Fats. I think DiLiberto is the only person I ever heard rag on Fats and he does it very meanly.

For the record here is SJD's 1st post in response to the "Is Fats A Fit?" thread.

Here's the link to the thread if anyone has the time to read the 221 posts.
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3301

Dennis

You are right about Danny. And he is a close friend. And I am careful not to bring Fats up around him because I dont want to argue with Danny because as you may know, he is a "little" stubborn. But I love Danny, so I just ignore that part of him. I feel no such compunctions re CJ#1.

But anybody who reads C.J.#1's post can easily detect plenty of resentment for Fats. We all know he isn't partial to "outgoing" people (which makes no sense, because I dont see him as a shrinking violet when he gets drunk -- which is often -- in a bar. I can easily visualize him slobbering, bellering, and feeling up or goosing the resident douche-bags in his local watering hole.):sorry

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Beard

As usual F..d, your entire accusatory post lacks only one thing...The TRUTH, as to what I actually said !...There were various stipulations (and corrections) to your version, of what I said..But please, do not bother archiving for the truth, just keep hammering away !

I notice you omitted your "back peddling" on your Coke's '8 no count' claim..When I confronted you, you changed the story to an "odds on the money" scam game...As far as Puckett drawing his cue ball 5 rails..You may have been the ONLY one who saw it..who cares, I've played him enough to know, that UJ lacked the stroke, for huge draws.. He could get big odds from me. (like 25 to one)...I Still question your version of the Fat's/Squirrell match..There must have been more involved..(weight or ?)...But, who cares, except us ? ;)

As for Cannonball, and Mex. Johnny, all I did, was point out how I played them...You wanted them to be "world class guy's" which they were..So how could you EVER allow me to say I outplayed them ?.. As for the emboldened statement, (re; your skill level) please jog my memory...Which discipline was I refering too ? :confused: :p

SuperDuck..Try a novel concept F..d...Try admitting, that YOU are not always right, about EVERYTHING...Life will be much easier...You will not have to spend so much time defending your claims/posts from Cowboy !.:lol :lol :lol

PS..Perhaps this would be better recieved in the M.O. forum...As most interlopers, or casual drop-in's may not know the player's, without a scorecard !..:cool:

PPS..Jealousy, may make SOME people throw up !!!
View attachment 7981

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
VX is faster and gives more consistent results, just not as well known.:D

Actually I've begun to wish you guys could find a way to ignore each other. I value both your and SDJ's knowledge of the game but the animosity and bickering is getting on my nerves.

Please Cary,

You didn't even notice, how much I tolerated his untrue and insulting accusations, before I slugged him with my oxygen tank ? :frus

Last edited:

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Fastest hijack? Ever?

Fastest hijack? Ever?

To be fair, there does seem to have been one response actually related to the original post.

Then fellow forumites went -- galloping! gaily! -- off to myriad compass points on the far horizons.

Not that I’m a self-back-patter, but a couple of netizen friends wrote me to suggest that I may have participated in a record-setting event!

Has any other original post had fewer than one subject-specific answer?

Of course, we exclude those with no answers.*

Guinness is my life,

Sunny

* I suspect that many of those non-responded-to posts are from me. Is that because my observations are so compellingly accurate, so complete, that they have become self-contained nuggets of sagacity?

Surely it can’t be because they are reservoirs of inanity? Worthless dribbles of pap?

No, I didn’t think so.