Dippy is taken a dip. With the power shooter the Freezer

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Dippy is showeing a lot off heart and courage is that enough to turn the game his way?

What can Dippy do different too win? Whats the answer?

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Scott certainly isn't afraid to take fouls in order to better his position - but with a spot of 19-4, do you think he'll change that strategy for this match? I haven't been able to watch a lot of these ginormous spot games, so I haven't picked up what the other guys have done in that situation.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
stljohnny said:
Scott certainly isn't afraid to take fouls in order to better his position - but with a spot of 19-4, do you think he'll change that strategy for this match? I haven't been able to watch a lot of these ginormous spot games, so I haven't picked up what the other guys have done in that situation.[/QUOTE

Her is a good qouistion Wdo do you think will win and Why?

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
I've always heard that a player should NOT change their playing style based on the opponent, so maybe the thinking is even though Dippy is only going to 4, the likelihood of him getting 4 10 games in a row is slim to none, as long as Scott keeps moving well enough to not leave him shots. The little bit I have seen of Dippy's play says he's going to shoot when he get's the chance. Because even if he misses, the chances of Scott running 19 balls is pretty slim.

I honestly don't know who will win. I'd like to think Scott will, even though I think he's the underdog in this game with a spot that huge. It'll be much tougher to get 10 games ahead for him than it will be for Dippy, I think.

If Dippy starts getting some good rolls and makes those balls he isn't supposed to shoot at, he could come out on top.

On the other hand, if Scott gets in good stroke and starts putting Dippy in pure lock-down jail... he *should* be able to control the entire race.

I'd love to watch some of this race.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
stljohnny said:
I've always heard that a player should NOT change their playing style based on the opponent, so maybe the thinking is even though Dippy is only going to 4, the likelihood of him getting 4 10 games in a row is slim to none, as long as Scott keeps moving well enough to not leave him shots. The little bit I have seen of Dippy's play says he's going to shoot when he get's the chance. Because even if he misses, the chances of Scott running 19 balls is pretty slim.

I honestly don't know who will win. I'd like to think Scott will, even though I think he's the underdog in this game with a spot that huge. It'll be much tougher to get 10 games ahead for him than it will be for Dippy, I think.

If Dippy starts getting some good rolls and makes those balls he isn't supposed to shoot at, he could come out on top.

On the other hand, if Scott gets in good stroke and starts putting Dippy in pure lock-down jail... he *should* be able to control the entire race.

I'd love to watch some of this race.

Addmision is 1 hunderd dollaers a person. Standing room only.

RedCard

Verified Member
Admission

Admission

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Addmision is 1 hunderd dollaers a person. Standing room only.
I'll invoke my press cards.

beatle

Verified Member
for the bigger money dippy will change his lackadaisical ways and win the money.

RedCard

Verified Member
Cardiology

Cardiology

Artie Bodendorfer said:
invoke 2 press cards.

I've got a whole deck of 'em.

About 25 years ago me and a buddy took a weekend drive to a few joints where he had made some pretty good money before. One around 75 miles from where we live looked busy, we went in but they had a band and a cover charge. It was OK with me but not Bob. We were leaving and he was mumbling something about not paying to get in somewhere to play pool. I told him I should have brought my press cards, he looked at me and sort of snarled and said, 'you think those press cards are gospel'.

It was funny at the time. We went to a liquor store for a six pack before continuing on. We promptly invoked the six pack.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
RedCard said:
I've got a whole deck of 'em.

About 25 years ago me and a buddy took a weekend drive to a few joints where he had made some pretty good money before. One around 75 miles from where we live looked busy, we went in but they had a band and a cover charge. It was OK with me but not Bob. We were leaving and he was mumbling something about not paying to get in somewhere to play pool. I told him I should have brought my press cards, he looked at me and sort of snarled and said, 'you think those press cards are gospel'.

It was funny at the time. We went to a liquor store for a six pack before continuing on. We promptly invoked the six pack.

That reminds me off WCFields he was playing a man heads up poker the other man shoud a full house with kings.

And WCF looks at his hand Four fours. But he never showes his hand he just said Four Fours and grabed the deck and but his cards in the deck. And WCFields told the man what you dont trust me.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Artie Bodendorfer said:
That reminds me off WCFields he was playing a man heads up poker the other man shoud a full house with kings.

And WCF looks at his hand Four fours. But he never showes his hand he just said Four Fours and grabed the deck and but his cards in the deck. And WCFields told the man what you dont trust me.
Think you got it wrong Artie. He had nothing. He was one funny guy!:)

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I bet Dippy has more than 4 4's when he plays Scott. Think-with his resources, was he layin down before? Is this the plan?

As much as he has been playing, I know he can make a ball. And he knows SO much about the game:cool: .....Come on, he can't just lose everytime, he comes up with more and more money.

Or gets it from someone.

My guess is there is an old player somewhere in with him, a strong backer, and a few girls/guys paid off to screw with Scott or something.

Can someone just lose over and over and over? What is this? The best lemon ever? Will he just keep going off, then come up with an insane bet and off some people and have the last laugh?

Does he really play as bad as we think? :rolleyes:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I still say he should knock all the ball up table as fast as he can and this will turn the odds in his favor. You take the long run away from Scott. A friend of mine suggested that all Dave has to do to win is to come out of his stall:eek:)

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
While that sounds good in theory, here is the catch.

There are 15 balls in the rack. IF you can knock TWO OF THEM uptable EVERY SHOT(and that won't happen), then there is a GUARANTEED SEVEN 1/2 INNINGS FOR SCOTT. And you certainly cant be that effective(2 every time). And Scott isn't an idiot- when you give up a major spot you ALREADY know how to not leave a guy down low to shoot them away.

Do you think scott can pull off something spectacular 1 in 3 tries? Yep. You give him 7 tries by wasting innings where something else is more productive in the first place. How many in those 7 tries can he pull something off?

Yes, it is a good idea to let the balls go uptable, but it isn't JUST so easy to get them there. It moves UP for sure on the priority list, but is still beneath safety, aggressive play, GETTING TO THE HILL, and good moving.

And Scott, in case no one has said it, is pretty much the Cream of the crop when it comes to playing an uptable game. IF (with emphasis) you get them there before he pulls something off.

Dip has to fire at his hole as usual, and lay down whitey. Emphasis on layin it down. Every shot-lay it down, lay it down...so interjecting "simply put them up table" does not work - I have played against some VERY strong players, and some professionals myself. When given the chance, you do move them up, but it isn't a matter of "hey, just poke them up table!" Scott has a higher perccentage to make a long straight back that Dippy does to make easier shots. And two-railers, and kicks, And once he sees 3-4 balls go uptable it is Scott's obligation to look for opportunities to prevent/ counteract it. And he CAN!!

And IF you manage to get them uptable in the first 15 innings, I think Scott is WAY favored to lay something down over Dippy. Let's say 5-1?

5 to 1
18 to 4
If Scott is 5 to 1 better than Dip, at an 18 to 4 ratio, then you come up with him scoring 20 to Dippy's 4. Minus one scoring inning, when Dip is at 3, Scott is at 15. So then you have a guy that is 5-1 favorite even up, needing 3-1 odds. in 6 games that equals 5 wins, 1 loss. Multiplied by the 3 to 1 that equals 5 to 3 a winner for Scott. Every cycle of the odds equate to a two game jump for Scott.

petie said:
I still say he should knock all the ball up table as fast as he can and this will turn the odds in his favor. You take the long run away from Scott. A friend of mine suggested that all Dave has to do to win is to come out of his stall:eek:)

Last edited: