Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Journals
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2019, 10:59 AM
Verified Member

Default Tunes

Besides loving one hole, I have loved music my whole life!

I remember being a kid sitting on our basement stairs watching my dad sing as the front man in one of his many bands he was in. I am sure it's what got me interested in singling and music and have enjoyed it ever since.

I don't have much time to practice or play much any more but I do plan on getting some home recordings in before my voice is completely gone!

Almost 25 years ago, when I was about 23 or 24 I played in a local cover band for a few years and we did all top 40, rock, alternative rock and anything that was hot on the radio at the time. It was a blast but eventually got burned out, met my wife and the rest is history.

I did find our old 3 song demo CD that we used to hand out to venues in order to get new bookings so I thought I would share. We did this at a buddy's studio in one day with multiple takes.

These all 3 are cover songs. The only thing I did on these recordings were the main vocals. There are some background vocals too from our bass player and/or guitarist.

One - Originally by Creed

3 AM - Originally by Matchbox 20

Inside Out - Originally by Eve 6

Enjoy ~
Old 08-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Verified Member

Most of you old farts probably don't know those songs (maybe some do), but here is another one I did in my basement. The music was done by someone else, then sent to me and I recorded the main vocals and then also did the back up vocals / harmonies over top of it.

At least a more mellow tune and one that may be more familiar.

Wicked Game Orignally by Chris Isaak

Thanks for listening and sharing Bill ~