SVB at HOF

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I wish I had some sort of comparison to give you but I don't. But my guess is I play way under where most are. If I was playing every day or more than 3 times per year it would be a different story. .. but again for 20 a game I will try some at whatever seems fair and adjust from there.

I plan on getting there Sunday morning.
I'll take 11-5 and the break and we've got action.you to WCP. FastEddieF.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Tony is so solid. After while Scott will start worrying about losing prestige and therefore lose a little focus. I think Tony will roll over him.

I would put them about even right now. I am a fan of both and have made contributions to both of their pool playing careers.:D

I doubt Tony could beat Scott in Phoenix or Scott beat Tony in Detroit. Home cooking is strong, even at that level.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I dont know much about compton's game either unfortunately but by the sounds of it, does that mean Tony is going to run over him for the $10k challenge coming up?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
SVB at HOF

Word is that Tony IS going to the Derby btw. Looking forward to sweating His action.

u12armresl

Verified Member
I'll play him some one stop where he has to stop and I get to keep going.

I'm very stuck on that game. Most recent loss was to Shane W and it was the last ball 7-7

Tony will beat Frost also... dont worry guys.. you will figure out how Tony plays eventually

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would put them about even right now. I am a fan of both and have made contributions to both of their pool playing careers.:D

I doubt Tony could beat Scott in Phoenix or Scott beat Tony in Detroit. Home cooking is strong, even at that level.

there both super aggressive players who play that game as good as it can be played, Tony banks a little better than Frost and his ball speed control is second to none. Tony has a powerful stroke and he handles the cue ball beautifully, but Scott does as well. Tony's shot making ability is a little over Frost but Frost has better table management than Tony. This contest would be as good a contest that we have seen so far (imo) and would love to be able to watch these guys go at it. I believe before the years out we will have the opportunity to watch this match ..just my gut. ;):D

Dr. Bill

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
there both super aggressive players who play that game as good as it can be played, Tony banks a little better than Frost and his ball speed control is second to none. Tony has a powerful stroke and he handles the cue ball beautifully, but Scott does as well. Tony's shot making ability is a little over Frost but Frost has better table management than Tony. This contest would be as good a contest that we have seen so far (imo) and would love to be able to watch these guys go at it. I believe before the years out we will have the opportunity to watch this match ..just my gut. ;):D

Dr. Bill

I hope your asked to do the commentary when it happens.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I hope your asked to do the commentary when it happens.

+1

I remember the very first video recording of a one pocket match I watched that got me even more hooked on the game and I never looked back. You were commentating if I recall correctly and did a great job..

It was Shannon Daulton defeating Buddy Hall in the finals of the 1998 Legends of One Pocket Championships.

good stuff ~

keoneyo

Verified Member
+1

I remember the very first video recording of a one pocket match I watched that got me even more hooked on the game and I never looked back. You were commentating if I recall correctly and did a great job..

It was Shannon Daulton defeating Buddy Hall in the finals of the 1998 Legends of One Pocket Championships.

good stuff ~

Try catching Shannon as a young kid beating Steve Mizerak in the Gradys One Pocket finals. Its a stunner. I believe Pat at Accu-Stats still carries that one.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Dr. Bill
First of all, I like Tony very much. I've known him since he was a kid. It seems to me that both he and his game have matured and come up a notch since he spent those years in the government Hilton.

But I'd still have to give the edge to Frost, especially in stakes play. Tony is sort of the "player of the hour", which seems to change every year or two at the longest. What's in his favor in regards a match up with Scott is that Tony has been playing tough players for good stakes; whereas I'm not sure that Scott is keeping in action. It's hard to fade being "battle ready".

I hope we get a chance to see a contest between the two.

~Doc

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
+1

good stuff ~

I don't have that one but I have others from that tournament. Shannon must've been playing damn good because Buddy mandhandles a hot Efren in the semis. I believe Grady remarked: "It was akin to an errant boy going to the woodshed for a caning." Something like that.