R. Martinez vs. E. Reyes

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I am saying move the 11 To 1 diamond above martinez pocket.
Would make it hard to move the 6/8 and not leave a 1 railer for efren.

Sorry, I misunderstood your shot. Is this it? If so and Efren shot it Martinez would cut the 11 uptable and leave the cueball behind the 6 and 8. Efren would have one less ball down there and he needs three.

er69.jpg

Many players are extremely reluctant to move pocketable balls near their pocket even to the point of losing the game trying to leave them there.

You have to be ready to clear your own balls if necessary and try to get them down there again.

Dennis

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Why not just kick in the 11 and see what you get for shape on a bank shot.

I can't see a downside to kicking at the 11 petie, harder to miss it than make it, especially the way he kicks.
I would have kicked at it for sure, side rail then off foot rail. Don't know why he didn't shoot at it, looks like a hanger.

unoperro

Verified Member
I can't see a downside to kicking at the 11 petie, harder to miss it than make it, especially the way he kicks.
I would have kicked at it for sure, side rail then off foot rail. Don't know why he didn't shoot at it, looks like a hanger.

I am surprised he didnt Kick the 11 also.

I think 1 rail is better then 2 on this kick. Less chance to lose whitey.

treeMan

Verified Member
I also think the kick would have been the best shot here.

This is interesting in that it shows how skewed the pictures can be, I would have sworn that you couldn't reach any part of the left side of the 6 without jumping or a masse.

tree

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

The kick on the 11 is no good for one simple reason (besides it's too far off the rail to be a "hanger"; You could easily sell out a bank to a person who only needs 2 balls.

Dennis

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
yea too far off the rail, and why kick here for one ball, or lose the game if you are off a little bit.

no one commented on my snuggle the ball to the 8. it keeps him from now getting your balls up table and you getting a better spot to leave him with all your out balls still there.
as long as he tickys with you.

i really dont like any offensive shot here.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
yea too far off the rail, and why kick here for one ball, or lose the game if you are off a little bit.

no one commented on my snuggle the ball to the 8. it keeps him from now getting your balls up table and you getting a better spot to leave him with all your out balls still there.
as long as he tickys with you.

i really dont like any offensive shot here.

With the 11 and 6 there I don't particularly like putting the cueball between the 8 and the rail. Simple to leave a shot unless it comes out perfect.

All in all, unless Frank's shot was available (tough to tell), I would two-rail the 11 near my uptable corner for a possible future bank. Martinez would shoot away another ball and the game would go on.

Dennis