N.O. Members Tourney Entries & Confirmed Players Listing

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Please only post in this thread if directly related to the collection of entry fees, tabulation of confirmed players, and communication of flight plans/ETA.

Last edited:

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Also, a shout out to me on this thread, PM or email to say when you mailed in your entry fee will help me be on the lookout for it.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Also, a shout out to me on this thread, PM or email to say when you mailed in your entry fee will help me be on the lookout for it.

Wow, that was fast. Very cool. Looks like we chose the right guy. :)

However, as I said on the other thread, before anyone sends entry I think we need to decide whether we are going to limit to 32 entries. If not, I don't think we need advance payment.

Good work, Dave. I almost hate to say I hope it was wasted. Almost. :D

If Cory's round-robin-ish format works for 48, I'm all for it. It seems that with 15 tables (= 30 people playing at all times) we should be able to handle 48 in 2 days somehow.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Wow, that was fast. Very cool. Looks like we chose the right guy. :)

However, as I said on the other thread, before anyone sends entry I think we need to decide whether we are going to limit to 32 entries. If not, I don't think we need advance payment.

Good work, Dave. I almost hate to say I hope it was wasted. Almost. :D

If Cory's round-robin-ish format works for 48, I'm all for it. It seems that with 15 tables (= 30 people playing at all times) we should be able to handle 48 in 2 days somehow.

I agree with this. I would be more than happy to advance pay but I am pretty sure if I am making the investment of flights, hotel, rental car, etc for myself and the wife, I am good for the $100 entry!!!!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm gonna attend, so before I pull the trigger on $W airlines ticket$, entry fee$ and hotel, what's missing at this point? Entry? Greens fees? etc. I've been busy with family, weddings and grandkids for the past three weeks, and have Not been following you all with this event....I'm ready for the fireworks :D

Richard S

Verified Member
From
Poplarville MS
Payment in the Mail

Payment in the Mail

Mr. Dave, I mailed my cheque today. I will be arriving in my F-150 as I am only about 71 miles away; could be considered a local.

FWIW, if we encounter supply and demand problems and it becomes expedient to keep the entries below 32, I will step aside and just be a railbird as I am going mainly for the enjoyment.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
For those of us who live in the boondocks and don't use checks, is there a Pay Pal? The drive to the closet store is 35 miles one way.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
For those of us who live in the boondocks and don't use checks, is there a Pay Pal? The drive to the closet store is 35 miles one way.

Bill, I'm not set up to use PayPal. I got your email and replied to you. We can work that out no problem, just lay off the Texas BBQ rants. 😳😃

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Mr. Dave, I mailed my cheque today. I will be arriving in my F-150 as I am only about 71 miles away; could be considered a local.

FWIW, if we encounter supply and demand problems and it becomes expedient to keep the entries below 32, I will step aside and just be a railbird as I am going mainly for the enjoyment.

You're right we need a decision on the cap. I appreciate your offer as several Houston locals stepped aside to let the westies attend the Seniors Championship and walk away with the $$. ☺️

My personal feeling is that we will end up deciding no cap. And your offer won't be necessary.

Regardless, I will still handle the entry fees if they are sent in.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
You're right we need a decision on the cap. I appreciate your offer as several Houston locals stepped aside to let the westies attend the Seniors Championship and walk away with the $$. ☺️

My personal feeling is that we will end up deciding no cap. And your offer won't be necessary.

Regardless, I will still handle the entry fees if they are sent in.

Players that can't make it til Saturday will have to make it up IMO. One round Friday night would give us a jump start since it looks like we will have more than 32. Matches that are drawn for Friday that can't make it on Friday make it up on Saturday. It will slow it down a bit but with that many tables it will work out.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Bill, I'm not set up to use PayPal. I got your email and replied to you. We can work that out no problem, just lay off the Texas BBQ rants. 😳😃

Dave, if some attendees want to use PayPal, I can accept it and send you a check for those people. Let me know if I can help.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Thanks Richard. Very nice.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Players that can't make it til Saturday will have to make it up IMO. One round Friday night would give us a jump start since it looks like we will have more than 32. Matches that are drawn for Friday that can't make it on Friday make it up on Saturday. It will slow it down a bit but with that many tables it will work out.

Exactly my sentiments.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Ok, me and Meachum made our reservations. We will be there Thursday-Monday. Hilton Garden Inn at the Airport. Seems to be the best i could find at 101 + tax non-refundable per night for a double. 35mins to the pool room.
I'll send my check to you today Dave.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
LSJohn just posted approval to send in entry fees in advance even if no cap. This will make it much easier to coordinate the tournament if we can confirm most of those who will participate. Those who can, please mail in your entries ahead of time. Thanks guys.