Living in The Present

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
We all do it in different forms in our lives, don't know anyone who is not guilty of living in the past from time to time. I believe I was talking to Billy one time about how I would have liked to have seen all the great players from the past and he said something wise like usual about not looking to the past and looking past the players today because they are great too.

We have Scott Frost beating Efren back to back nights and showcased some of the best one pocket in the world tonight. He is looking to play Justin Hall next in Florida and anyone else in the world one pocket. Maybe we will see him rematch Alex on a neutral table or perhaps Shane.

This might be the best time right now for our cherished game of one pocket, it has never been more popular. We have one of if not the best one pocket money player playing whoever steps up and we are able to watch from the comfort of our homes (for me a hotel room). Enjoy the present fellas.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyiiS6N-9rg[/ame]

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Very wise sentiments, Lenny. When you think about it, nothing ever happened in the past. It happened in the present, the now. Nothing will happen in the future. It will happen in the now.

Frost in a long action contest against the three you mentioned --J. Hall, Alex, or Shane-- would be dream match ups. I hope they come off!

Cheers~
Doc

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Very wise sentiments, Lenny. When you think about it, nothing ever happened in the past. It happened in the present, the now. Nothing will happen in the future. It will happen in the now.

Frost in a long action contest against the three you mentioned --J. Hall, Alex, or Shane-- would be dream match ups. I hope they come off!

Cheers~
Doc

Rock Star, Chiropractor, One Pocket player, and Zen Master. Quite a resume.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
It's a wise observation, Lenny. I think a lot of us can kind of feel it, too. One pocket is on the rise and I think on average we have more and smarter players now thanks to videos, tournaments, and other ways to learn.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Talent.....

Talent.....

......wise,one suspects the best now are equal to those who are considered the best.Room wise however its no contest.The best rooms then were like walking into a church.Not sure about cue makers.........cheers,James