G. mathews vs. N. Varner 2000 D.C.C.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
This is a good time to double him up by going up to the top rail near opponents pocket. In this case the 4 ball allows you to bank to your side and let whitey naturally travel up to top cushion and onto the long rail.

Peter Bresee

What about shooting the 6 ball hard into the bottom of the 10 or possibly the 5 to spread balls towards my pocket? Cue ball goes forward into the rail and with some left English and ends up parallel to the rail with the 7 but not far enough out to leave the 8.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This is a good time to double him up by going up to the top rail near opponents pocket. In this case the 4 ball allows you to bank to your side and let whitey naturally travel up to top cushion and onto the long rail.

As I'm seeing the angle, you have to go nearly straight ahead into the 4 and you're very close to hitting the 3 with it.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
As I'm seeing the angle, you have to go nearly straight ahead into the 4 and you're very close to hitting the 3 with it.

This looks like a natural angle to me, tiny bit of low left to get the 4 to travel more and slow the cue ball down a tad.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
You will have to excuse me, as I just woke up from a nap. I think a player as sly as Grady could play off the stripe and make the 2 ball, or leave it in the jaws at least. At pocket speed, the cue ball could move the 14 a little and freeze up on the 13.

Any non-believers? Well, bank the 6 (can it hit the 7?) or go forward to leave Varner straight in on the 7.

I may not be quite finished with my nap. Gimme some percentages for the make on the 2 ball. I'm liking the 2 ball better and better. You might even whack it and move both the 14 and 8 away.

Last edited:

Cloidius

Verified Member
Hmmmm....

Hmmmm....

I would want to smack the six straight into the seven, and let the cue ball die forward to the rail. With a little speed, and a half ball hit, the six will carom wide up table, in front of that slow rolling cue ball, hopefully avoiding the kiss. Looks to me like the seven might give you good action on the eight or thirteen toward your hole. You will be in a strong position with the stack protecting that threat, with whitey ideally stuck to the rag.

This shot would have to be laying just right, nice and straight...if not, I might look elsewhere.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
G. mathews vs. N. Varner 2000 D.C.C.

I would want to smack the six straight into the seven, and let the cue ball die forward to the rail. With a little speed, and a half ball hit, the six will carom wide up table, in front of that slow rolling cue ball, hopefully avoiding the kiss. Looks to me like the seven might give you good action on the eight or thirteen toward your hole. You will be in a strong position with the stack protecting that threat, with whitey ideally stuck to the rag.

This shot would have to be laying just right, nice and straight...if not, I might look elsewhere.

This is what I keep coming back to also. 6 to the 7 high stun shot. Good things.. Good things...

Lsjohn/Rods is great if the angle is there to swing whitey 3 rails.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jerk that stroke out of retirement and bank the 6 into the 10/12? ball with extreme low left and draw the CB up table off your side rail and double him up that way.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Yeah, that looks good. I thought you were wanting CB much closer to the top corner.

I like this shot except I would roll the two ball to the rail, rather than banking it out to the middle or my side of the table. Easier to control the speed and placement of the cue ball for me.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I like this shot except I would roll the two ball to the rail, rather than banking it out to the middle or my side of the table. Easier to control the speed and placement of the cue ball for me.

Yeah, I only drew the direction it was traveling, it's hard for me to judge the speeds without knowing the cloth, rails, etc. I think to get whitey that far it will bank further.