Danny D is in the hospital

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Danny D got in a serious accident today. He was hit from behind by a 6 wheeler and rammed into another truck. He went thru the windshield and is bleeding from the brain. Behind all of that, Billy I and I talked to him a few minutes ago and he thinks he is going to be alright. He said his face is loaded with bumps, cuts and bruises, but he is (as usual) optimistic. Brain scan on tap for tomorrow.

Will check in the afternoon. Brutal times.

Beard

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Geez..what the hell is going on in the pool world?

Danny's been thru a lot lately, that's not something he needed !

(Sent from my mobile-Which means I won't yap much :D)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Danny D got in a serious accident today. He was hit from behind by a 6 wheeler and rammed into another truck. He went thru the windshield and is bleeding from the brain. Behind all of that, Billy I and I talked to him a few minutes ago and he thinks he is going to be alright. He said his face is loaded with bumps, cuts and bruises, but he is (as usual) optimistic. Brain scan on tap for tomorrow.

Will check in the afternoon. Brutal times.

Beard

While I don't know DD personally, only through DVD's, he seems like one of the good guys in pool to me. I hope he has a speedy recovery and gets well soon. He is a tough ole bird.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Danny boy

Danny boy

Just talked to Danny. Had the Cat scan and apparently the bleeding in his brain is subsiding. He sounds good and upbeat. Upside here is the accident suit he will have against the trucks insurance company. He is a lock for giant money as the driver hit him from behind making him automatically at fault.
Talked to Jimmy Fusco ( fellow Secret Societier) earlier. He had been on the phone with Danny earlier in the day.
As an aside he was in complete agreement with the inclusion of a Whitey and the snub of Hopkins and Beanie.:heh

Beard

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Just talked to Danny. Had the Cat scan and apparently the bleeding in his brain is subsiding. He sounds good and upbeat. Upside here is the accident suit he will have against the trucks insurance company. He is a lock for giant money as the driver hit him from behind making him automatically at fault.
Talked to Jimmy Fusco ( fellow Secret Societier) earlier. He had been on the phone with Danny earlier in the day.
As an aside he was in complete agreement with the inclusion of a Whitey and the snub of Hopkins and Beanie.:heh

Beard

I haven't heard these conversations before. Question: Why snub Hopkins and Benie?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I haven't heard these conversations before. Question: Why snub Hopkins and Benie?

You have to dig up the Secret Society threads that started with the Hounds Last Hurrah, to understand the club's requirements. Basically, Allen was too square and Beanie was too larcenous.

Beard

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
You have to dig up the Secret Society threads that started with the Hounds Last Hurrah, to understand the club's requirements. Basically, Allen was too square and Beanie was too larcenous.

Beard

I believe much of Allen's "squareness" is a front. He has much more creepiness than one might think. And it does seem like that appears to be one of your criteria. I've been around J. Fusco and Hopkins long enough, and I don't see much of a difference except that Hopkins is way wiser than Jimmy.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Im....

Im....

....surprised to hear the news of Beanie as all Ive read places him in good company.Since I never met the man I will bow to Freddies take,cheers,B

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Creepiness

Creepiness

I believe much of Allen's "squareness" is a front. He has much more creepiness than one might think. And it does seem like that appears to be one of your criteria. I've been around J. Fusco and Hopkins long enough, and I don't see much of a difference except that Hopkins is way wiser than Jimmy.

Creepiness is not a criteria for admission. Although it can be a reason for exclusion. I do agree with your assessment of Allen, however.

But I completely disagree with your creepiness assessment of Jimmy Fusco. The matter of character of Jimmy Fusco and Allen Hopkins -- among other hustlers -- is not even close. IMO. You can always count on Fusco to adhere to the old hustler codes.

Hopkins made me pay $20 to get into his trade show last year after I almost singlehandedly got him into the Onepocket HOF. I generated enough votes for him to win in a very close election. He had earlier promised to comp me into the trade show after I phoned him, and he then took a duck when I showed up. I ran into him later and confronted him about the aforementioned $20. He chalked it up to being too busy, however he made no move to reach into his pocket and refund my $20. He was profuse with his thanks for my help with his induction, but he never hit his hip.

Jimmy Fusco would have cut his throat before doing anything like that for $20.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Good company

Good company

....surprised to hear the news of Beanie as all Ive read places him in good company.Since I never met the man I will bow to Freddies take,cheers,B

Beanie is in good company, just not "our" company. I dont belong to any fancy Golf clubs either. God bless them, they just aint my kinda folk, and I aint theirs either.

Beard

"Our" club is for people who would probably not be allowed as members anywhere else.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
"Our" club is for people who would probably not be allowed as members anywhere else.**

Which created the very accurate ascessment,..."Weenie Beanie GOOD, Detroit Whitey BAD"...:sorry...And again, my profound thanks,
for excluding me from your "Secret Society" :p :p :p

SquareApple McDuck <---**Is curious, have you tried the Nazi party, or the KKK...They always seem to welcome people of YOUR mindset..;)

Last edited:

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member

If you are talking about Bill "Weenie Beanie" Staton, I am a good place for inquiries or curiousities. Bill was my best friend, up until the day he died...so needlessly. He was the most gentlemanly gambler I ever knew and a family man beyond compare. Beanie knew how to....
Keep it nice. Alfie

Jimmy B

Verified Member
SquareApple McDuck <---**Is curious, have you tried the Nazi party, or the KKK...They always welcome people of YOUR mindset..;)[/QUOTE]

Would you let this fellow in? He was hardcore enough. He said 'When it comes to war, I don't play. I'm serious.'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSvsFgvWr0&ob=av2e[/ame]

Just shedding off one more layer of skin.

Let's say a prayer for Danny D today. One of the Tough Guys.......

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
How in the world did this get off the accident of danny D. to 20.00 entry fee?