1p.org dcc sponsored player/representative

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Personally, I think Jtompilot is a great choice. I'm sure James Christopher would be a great representative, but I feel like one of the regular posters should be given the nod. Glad that James signed up though! I hope he sticks around and jumps in, and he could get my vote next year. (Just one mans opinion).

I agree on the regular point, actually. James C. could be the nominee next year.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i also think jtompilot for all he contributes to the site would be a good selection
i wonder with his work schedule whether he can get away for the necessary days
jim if you read this
please let us know you can attend
regardless of who is chosen i'll be sending steve a check to support
"our guy" :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I talked with James Christopher this morning and he's interested in being a sponsored player for OP.Org at this years DCC. He's a very good player and is signing up today as a new member of OP.Org.

I'm not campaigning here, I'm just making it known that he would welcome the opportunity to represent OP.Org.

He has a powerful game and seems to be great guy, so on those criteria he'd be a great choice.

I hope you'll let him know that the general favoritism toward a "regular" is not about in-crowd or clique, but largely appreciation/pay-back for contributions to the site. If he finds it interesting to spend a lot of time here in the next year, I expect he'll get a lot of votes for DCC 2017.

(I love his game!)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I already had my time. Who would enjoy it more than Jeff, except maybe YOU if he could not make it.

There you go again John, being humble with grace, no wonder your name is "Gentleman John". Of course your sacrifice is going to cost me $$$$$$$$$$$
Good job as always.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
He has a powerful game and seems to be great guy, so on those criteria he'd be a great choice.

I hope you'll let him know that the general favoritism toward a "regular" is not about in-crowd or clique, but largely appreciation/pay-back for contributions to the site. If he finds it interesting to spend a lot of time here in the next year, I expect he'll get a lot of votes for DCC 2017.

(I love his game!)

well said john and true........:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Possibly consider Cory in DC as a nominee if available

He would certainly represent the site well ...

Heh. I'm betting he'd embarrass the sh*t out of all of us if that offer of his to play me even is remotely fair. :confused:

Maybe you didn't hear about that one-armed girl with a glass eye that beat me 5-3.

OTOH, if you're right, I'll still take 10-6 from him. :D

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Im putting 2 names up to represent us at the derby. First is Larry "lll" and next is Art Tripp "Doc". I personally do not think we should only be sending the best players we have here with the thought that they may have a chance of making a big run in the event. Thus far we have sent our best and none have produced sensational results. I suggest we send some of our long time, loyal and contributing members to represent us.

There can be no question that both Larry and Doc have met those criteria and would be a true reflection of the type of quality members we have here. Keith

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I agree that Jeff or pilot Jim are excellent picks...also, I want to nominate another guy that youse guys didn't think of...he would be a super-good choice ----->

My man, Frank da barber...:heh

- Ghost

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I agree that Jeff or pilot Jim are excellent picks...also, I want to nominate another guy that youse guys didn't think of...he would be a super-good choice ----->

My man, Frank da barber...:heh

- Ghost

Another excellent choice. I'm still tryin' to talk Jeff or Hendy into it -- Jeff for organizing SSC and John for winning it -- but if I don't have luck there I'd love to see Frank in the box. (Unless he's a terrific actor, he's one of the nicest guys in this whole put-together... and he can play!) :)

jtom would be great too, but he's probably already played everyone that'll be in the tournament, so what fun is that? :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Im putting 2 names up to represent us at the derby. First is Larry "lll" and next is Art Tripp "Doc". I personally do not think we should only be sending the best players we have here with the thought that they may have a chance of making a big run in the event. Thus far we have sent our best and none have produced sensational results. I suggest we send some of our long time, loyal and contributing members to represent us.

There can be no question that both Larry and Doc have met those criteria and would be a true reflection of the type of quality members we have here. Keith
Keith
i am honored you feel that way about me (and art)
yes it would be nice to have a strong player represent us
but
we agree in the concept that it is NOT to send the best player because who is going to beat efren/alex/shane/frost/etc anyway
but the 1p.org representative is more a kudo to someone who is a positive influence on the site
however
for me i live in florida and at that time of year the snowbirds are here and its my busiest time
i cannot rationalize going for a week at that time of the year
so
I REALLY APPRECIATE your nominating me but i have to excuse myself from consideration
but
if we ever get a chance to meet (i hope so )
dinner and drinks are on me....:)
you have always been a level headed poster who doesnt mince words
is direct in what you want to say
your comments show you have a lot of knowledge
and i have enjoyed reading them over the years...:)
larry

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Keith, it's very kind of you to put up my name. Unfortunately I'm not able to attend the DCC again. I have developed a weakened immune system affliction in the last few years, which makes being around crowds in the cold, dry winter weather a guarantee that I'll get the flu or worse. It's happened every time I've been there. So I limit my tournament attendance to the warm, preferably humid, months.

So I don't really have a vote. But IMO JTom or Frank "The Barber" Almanza would both be good choices. Cory might be good too. I really don't know him that well, but he seems like a right guy. Larry is also deserving, but I have a hunch his modesty would cause him to decline.

If James Christopher becomes active in the site, then he'd be a shoo-in next year.

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Keith, it's very kind of you to put up my name. Unfortunately I'm not able to attend the DCC again. I have developed a weakened immune system affliction in the last few years, which makes being around crowds in the cold, dry winter weather a guarantee that I'll get the flu or worse. It's happened every time I've been there. So I limit my tournament attendance to the warm, preferably humid, months.

So I don't really have a vote. But IMO JTom or Frank "The Barber" Almanza would both be good choices. Cory might be good too. I really don't know him that well, but he seems like a right guy. Larry is also deserving, but I have a hunch his modesty would cause him to decline.

If James Christopher becomes active in the site, then he'd be a shoo-in next year.

~Doc

doc
sorry you cant be in consideration
i also think frank almanza should be a strong candidate for consideration
p,s, why not vacation near me
its never cold and wintery.:D
..so we can spend some time together
im not that far
just sayin
larry

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Possibly consider Cory in DC as a nominee if available

He would certainly represent the site well ...

Ha, thanks! When I semi-retire and spend six months daily in Springfield, then I'll be ready to consider it.

Frank A. would be a good choice, as would Larry! Rod, too. (And JTom, who I already endorsed in an earlier post!)

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Ha, thanks! When I semi-retire and spend six months daily in Springfield, then I'll be ready to consider it.

Frank A. would be a good choice, as would Larry! Rod, too.

You're outed, dude.

10-6 :D

(JK. I'll fill your pockets so full of Jacksons that you'll beg for mercy.) :heh

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Frank A. would be a good choice, as would Larry! Rod, too.

cory thanks for the support
as i said to doc
florida aint so far from dc
in the winter it looks alot more appealing ...:D
call me if you are in my neighborhood
pm me for tell #

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
One prerequisite though if I donate anymore money.
The chosen one must write a report on his experience.
I was disappointed when we got no reports on our last entry.
Would like to know at least who that person plays etc.
I feel we deserve that much.

Keone, if you're referring to me, :confused: (since I was the onepocket.org rep at the last DCC) I wrote a report...here's that thread from last Feb. ----->

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9872

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

keoneyo

Verified Member