New tip suggestions welcomed!

Triple Smart

Verified Member
I currently have a Kamui soft on. Plays ok. Feels a little dead to me?? Had a Medium on prior to that, not alot of difference. Anything you guys would suggest? Im open to trying anything.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I currently have a Kamui soft on. Plays ok. Feels a little dead to me?? Had a Medium on prior to that, not alot of difference. Anything you guys would suggest? Im open to trying anything.

This isn't gonna help, but it's a good chance for me to whine about how addled I am and see whether I get any of that stuff you find in a dictionary between shit and syphilis.

I have three Predator and two OB shafts. They have Kamui medium, Kamui Soft, Moori medium, Moori hard and an Everest. I like some better than others, but I've lost track of which shaft has which tip. :frus :lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This isn't gonna help, but it's a good chance for me to whine about how addled I am and see whether I get any of that stuff you find in a dictionary between shit and syphilis.

I have three Predator and two OB shafts. They have Kamui medium, Kamui Soft, Moori medium, Moori hard and an Everest. I like some better than others, but I've lost track of which shaft has which tip. :frus :lol

LOL I completely understand that! I have two predator shafts, one with a medium layered Moori or something, and one with a soft layered. I think I have figured out which is which -- maybe :D

I think it used to be that Moori was the only layered game in town, but now there are numerous players. My tip guy uses some more recent brand that I forget the name of not Kamui or Moori, and as long as it is soft, I seem to like them. I do have him cut about 1/3 off to start with because to me a soft tip that is full factory thickness is simply too soft. Because the layered tips last so well the third that he lops off, I don't miss in longevity either.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Really caught my funny bone there John, I'll laugh about this one for awhile!!!

Good stuff, like to start my day with a hearty laugh out loud,

Thank you,

P.S. I want more!

3RAILKICK

Verified Member

Sounds like me, 2 years ago, before my case was stolen..lost 5 shafts with different tips...good news is that shaft and tip selection has gotten simpler.:frus

Last several years I have played a heavily pressed milkdud. Hits medium hard, grips well, holds shape, sides don't mushroom...every 25 hours or so...Kamui scuffer to remove glaze, little tip pick action...back on the road. Works for me..I'm a non repentant cb spinner..:eek:

bstroud

Verified Member
I like the Kamui super soft.
So does Scott.

I think once you find a tip you like it is more important that you can keep it a long time.

I have found that Kamui chalk seems to less abrasive to the tip and therefore preserves the tip longer.

Bill S.

Triple Smart

Verified Member
Going to try the ultra skin tips. Who knows? May be all i use from now on. 40$ tips are a wee bit over kill IMO ive been there and done that. Time to try some new and cheaper things.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I use a tip called ,Killer, only place to get them is Jerry Olivier. It is a hard tip that doesn't mushroom and last a long time. You can put a lot of English on a ball and not miscue, cost under 20 dollars. Been using them for 15 years now and all my shafts have the same tip.--Smitty

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Was reviewing some previous threads and came across this one; thought to give it a bump because of the tip I use.

I use Milk Duds. I believe they are made from Elkmaster tips that have been soaked in milk for a period of time, then placed in a vise and allowed to dry under pressure for another period of time.
I find this tip to be the very best in terms of staying in contact with the CB longer, it's got no bounce whatsoever, really grips the CB.

Using extreme English with this tip is not a problem, it handles the edge of the CB extremely well without miscues.

If you're interested in trying one, I'll be glad to give you the guys phone # if you PM me.
Jeff

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Was reviewing some previous threads and came across this one; thought to give it a bump because of the tip I use.

I use Milk Duds. I believe they are made from Elkmaster tips that have been soaked in milk for a period of time, then placed in a vise and allowed to dry under pressure for another period of time.
I find this tip to be the very best in terms of staying in contact with the CB longer, it's got no bounce whatsoever, really grips the CB.

Using extreme English with this tip is not a problem, it handles the edge of the CB extremely well without miscues.

If you're interested in trying one, I'll be glad to give you the guys phone # if you PM me.
Jeff

I have a bunch of elkmasters, (mostly 13mm but a few 14) a vice and I think milk is available in my town. :)

I'll either follow that prescription and after drying send it to anybody that wants to try one, or just send the tips for anyone's own experimentation.

And the price will be right..... free! Special bonus, you get two for the price of one, just pay separate shipping and handling , $ 8.95 each. :D

Just kidding, I'll send them to any of you guys who want one, no jelly.

Just PM me.

1pwannabe

Verified Member

When you say "dead", do you mean you don't get much spin out of it? When I used to shoot with Kamui SS's, I would have to rough em constantly, they would last about 2 months tops, so I quit using them. The mediums last longer but only about 1-2 months longer for me. The old Mori's...those were the tips.

unoperro

Verified Member
Old school here. LEPRO

Had to where this as a kid so layered
tips dont do anything for me.

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
Holy crap. :eek:

That looks like a Medieval torture device.

But I'm not grasping what it has to do with layered tip.

Shoe has a multi-layered sole to make foot equal height to the one suspended in the brace.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I have a bunch of elkmasters, (mostly 13mm but a few 14) a vice and I think milk is available in my town. :)

I'll either follow that prescription and after drying send it to anybody that wants to try one, or just send the tips for anyone's own experimentation.

And the price will be right..... free! Special bonus, you get two for the price of one, just pay separate shipping and handling , $ 8.95 each. :D

Just kidding, I'll send them to any of you guys who want one, no jelly.

Just PM me.

Hey John, do you make them? I'd like to give one a try